Cosmic Spirituality

There is an old saying, "Life is a learning curve". That is definitely true, and since first being ordained into the ULC I have had many highs and lows, particularly over the past couple of years when I had a successful political election victory, shortly followed by serious illness and divorce.

In such times you take a look at yourself and find inner strength. You also take time to examine and think. During this time I looked at the Book of Genesis, particularly the early passages in which to find what some would call the meaning of life. I'm one that believes the Bible, and indeed other books of faith are simply stories based on individuals interpretations. You have to read between the lines and interpret them yourself. This is how after a lot of reading and a lot of notes came across a line of thought, or if you prefer a line of belief, I term as 'Cosmic Spirituality'.

So had did I come about this? Let's go back to those early passages of creation in Genesis. I believe this does not point to the creation of humanity in physical form but spiritual form. As cosmic forces created us we were supposed to be Spiritual creations. It was only when our original Spiritual creations, our prototypes if you like, failed, we became in physical form and part of an evolutionary process. But within our physical shell remains our spiritual form which is released when we have gone through life and experienced enough to become our intended Spiritual beings.

Going back to Genesis and if we view our origins as the Spiritual forms we were supposed to live our lives with free love and compassion and in peace. Can you imagine if we all were to live our lives as close to those as our Spiritual forms were intended? Barriers between us would be broken. There would be no fear or inhibitions. Poverty would be eradicated. There would be peace.  

Things such as Astral Projection point to what we really are within and what we were truly intended to be as opposed to our physical shells.

So how does this belief of 'Cosmic Spirituality' fit in with the ULC? Well I believe the ULC not only encompasses those of all dominations and those of no faith, but also develops and encourages new strains of thought.

I am hoping to develop thoughts on 'Cosmic Spirituality' and post these for those that are interested. But in the meantime I just thought I'd share this with you.

1 hour ago, Rev Richard said:

There is an old saying, "Life is a learning curve". That is definitely true, and since first being ordained into the ULC I have had many highs and lows, particularly over the past couple of years when I had a successful political election victory, shortly followed by serious illness and divorce.

In such times you take a look at yourself and find inner strength. You also take time to examine and think. During this time I looked at the Book of Genesis, particularly the early passages in which to find what some would call the meaning of life. I'm one that believes the Bible, and indeed other books of faith are simply stories based on individuals interpretations. You have to read between the lines and interpret them yourself. This is how after a lot of reading and a lot of notes came across a line of thought, or if you prefer a line of belief, I term as 'Cosmic Spirituality'.

So had did I come about this? Let's go back to those early passages of creation in Genesis. I believe this does not point to the creation of humanity in physical form but spiritual form. As cosmic forces created us we were supposed to be Spiritual creations. It was only when our original Spiritual creations, our prototypes if you like, failed, we became in physical form and part of an evolutionary process. But within our physical shell remains our spiritual form which is released when we have gone through life and experienced enough to become our intended Spiritual beings.

Going back to Genesis and if we view our origins as the Spiritual forms we were supposed to live our lives with free love and compassion and in peace. Can you imagine if we all were to live our lives as close to those as our Spiritual forms were intended? Barriers between us would be broken. There would be no fear or inhibitions. Poverty would be eradicated. There would be peace.  

Things such as Astral Projection point to what we really are within and what we were truly intended to be as opposed to our physical shells.

So how does this belief of 'Cosmic Spirituality' fit in with the ULC? Well I believe the ULC not only encompasses those of all dominations and those of no faith, but also develops and encourages new strains of thought.

I am hoping to develop thoughts on 'Cosmic Spirituality' and post these for those that are interested. But in the meantime I just thought I'd share this with you.

I think that you are trying to squeeze too much into one message.  It is my firm opinion, that talking about Genesis and astral projection in the same breath, creates a hopeless muddle.

I'm not clear about what you mean by Cosmic Spirituality.  You seem to be looking for something that transcends individual culture or religion.  If this is so, then dragging Genesis into the mix at all is going to defeat your purpose.

Since I am not culturally neutral, this is a good place for me to be upfront and declare my own biases.  I am Agnostic.  I have no issues at all, with finding philosophic inspiration in Genesis, or any other sacred writings.  As a science text, Genesis fails quite miserably.  The Earth did not exist, filled with plant life, before the Sun.  That simply is not how these things work.

I am doubtful without being dismissive of astral projection.  It could be real.  I have my doubts.  I think it is unreasonable to deal with astral projection as a given.

This could be an interesting topic.  Clearly it is important to you.  I need more clarity.  Cosmic is a vague term.  Spirituality could mean almost anything.  What is Cosmic Spirituality?

Spring is here.  Enjoy.

:bye:

Thanks Jonathan. 

What I'm trying to achieve is a rough outline of things.

I say 'cosmic' as that's where life was created, out in the cosmos.

I say 'spirituality' as within us we are Spiritual beings that are released when our physical form ends.

I bring Genesis into this as we were intended as Spiritual beings, hence the early verses looking between the lines. Yet these early spiritual beings failed and life evolved to our physical forms.

I bring in Astral Projection as this is how we can release our Spiritual form. 

I will slowly expand on this in future posts and pose questions on how we can be Spiritual beings living life as intended within our physical forms. All complicated I know but this is just building a frame for what I hope will become an expansive vision 

1 hour ago, Rev Richard said:

Thanks Jonathan. 

What I'm trying to achieve is a rough outline of things.

I say 'spirituality' as within us we are Spiritual beings that are released when our physical form ends.

I bring Genesis into this as we were intended as Spiritual beings, hence the early verses looking between the lines. Yet these early spiritual beings failed and life evolved to our physical forms.

I bring in Astral Projection as this is how we can release our Spiritual form. 

I will slowly expand on this in future posts and pose questions on how we can be Spiritual beings living life as intended within our physical forms. All complicated I know but this is just building a frame for what I hope will become an expansive vision 

Alright.  I'm going to split a few hairs with you.  Obviously, my own opinions.

"Out in the Cosmos"  ???  Is that what you really intended to say?  In my view, the Cosmos is not "out there".  We are as much a part of the Cosmos as any star.

Is the body not spiritual?  Is the body not a temple?  Is spirituality only for after death?  Have a care.  That sort of thinking can lead to hating life.

I bring Genesis into this as we were intended as Spiritual beings,

I expect you are talking about God's intentions.  That kind of assertion needs something to back it up.  Can you demonstrate that you know God's intentions?  For that kind of statement, you need more than a bald assertion.  At minimum, you need to demonstrate your reasoning.

hence the early verses looking between the lines.

People can't agree on what the meaning of the lines is.  If you want to explain what's between the lines -- you have to actually explain.  What ever you come up with, the Fundamentalists are going to hate it.  You are now locking horns with FAITH.  Good luck with that.

Yet these early spiritual beings failed and life evolved to our physical forms.

Do you really want to get into evolution?  You are going to get the Creationists all hot and bothered.  Not in a good way.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, Rev Richard said:

The Bible is exactly that, a book of interpretations. From my personal experiences, if you want to discover your spirituality, stay away from the Old Testament. It is a compilation of myths and legends from people who created a concept to validate themselves. Now looking into the teachings of Mar Yeshua, the Master Jesus, might help you find what you are searching for. Peace! :peace:

4 hours ago, Bones said:

The Bible is exactly that, a book of interpretations. From my personal experiences, if you want to discover your spirituality, stay away from the Old Testament. It is a compilation of myths and legends from people who created a concept to validate themselves. Now looking into the teachings of Mar Yeshua, the Master Jesus, might help you find what you are searching for. Peace! :peace:

Now we have a chain of doubt.  What is being interpreted?  "The Word".  Which word?  "God's Word".

It has not yet been demonstrated that "God" exists.  Or that "The Word" has validity.

Again, I want to be upfront about my own bias.  I am Agnostic.  We have no objective, verifiable information about "God".  Not even a useful working definition of what "God" is.

If the goal is to create a universal spirituality -- what ever that is -- Genesis seems like an odd place to begin.

:umbrella:

• 10 months later...