At my work place we recently got a new manager. He isn't the nicest man but is definitely assisting in bringing up the quality of the place. One of my co-workers who I am close to confided in me that they recently put a hex on my manager to curse him. I didn't understand why she would do this as she practices wicca, which states magik is not to be used for ill against others. A week passes and nothing happened so I asked them what was up. They said I was to hasty but that their deity said soon. I find out today that the manager was jumped by another co-worker and robbed. The manager hasn't showed up since then. Now I am a skeptic and realize that it could have been her magik, but the manager did step on a lot of toes which makes it reasonable someone would snap. Does anyone else have stories of their observations of scenarios like these, or maybe have applied this craft to do something similar? I know most will play it off as coincidence but like I said I am a skeptic. Peace!

50 minutes ago, AlexanderDeMaio said:

At my work place we recently got a new manager. He isn't the nicest man but is definitely assisting in bringing up the quality of the place. One of my co-workers who I am close to confided in me that they recently put a hex on my manager to curse him. I didn't understand why she would do this as she practices wicca, which states magik is not to be used for ill against others. A week passes and nothing happened so I asked them what was up. They said I was to hasty but that their deity said soon. I find out today that the manager was jumped by another co-worker and robbed. The manager hasn't showed up since then. Now I am a skeptic and realize that it could have been her magik, but the manager did step on a lot of toes which makes it reasonable someone would snap. Does anyone else have stories of their observations of scenarios like these, or maybe have applied this craft to do something similar? I know most will play it off as coincidence but like I said I am a skeptic. Peace!

From what little I know of authentic Wicca; there is a teaching.  What we do to others comes back three times.

I practice reiki.  As part of my training, I was taught something similar.  The short version.  Healers are healed.  Harmers are harmed.

Now that the mystical stuff has been mentioned, we can get down to the pragmatics.  I am seldom lonely.  This is because I'm such good company.  If I were the kind of person who takes joy in hurting others -- I would not be such good company.  I suggest being the kind of man you would want to pal around with.  It's not like we have a choice.  If you don't like the man in the mirror, you will not be happy.

:bye:

22 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

From what little I know of authentic Wicca; there is a teaching.  What we do to others comes back three times.

I practice reiki.  As part of my training, I was taught something similar.  The short version.  Healers are healed.  Harmers are harmed.

Now that the mystical stuff has been mentioned, we can get down to the pragmatics.  I am seldom lonely.  This is because I'm such good company.  If I were the kind of person who takes joy in hurting others -- I would not be such good company.  I suggest being the kind of man you would want to pal around with.  It's not like we have a choice.  If you don't like the man in the mirror, you will not be happy.

Yes I have heard of this. I have been learning more about wicca, witchcraft, and magik, everyone tells me that arts such as these are dangerous. The Priest of a coven I have been contacting recently to learn more suggested I distance myself from this person as soon and gently as possible to avoid angering them. He said that people who react in such ways are a danger to everyone around them.   

Edited by AlexanderDeMaio
6 hours ago, AlexanderDeMaio said:

Yes I have heard of this. I have been learning more about wicca, witchcraft, and magik, everyone tells me that arts such as these are dangerous. The Priest of a coven I have been contacting recently to learn more suggested I distance myself from this person as soon and gently as possible to avoid angering them. He said that people who react in such ways are a danger to everyone around them.   

Alright.  Let's try to separate the issues.

1.  This person who claims to be Wiccan.  This person who places a "hex" for no reason other than petty grievance and revenge.  Is he actually Wiccan?  Does he have a clue about what Wicca is?  To my limited knowledge, Wicca is about reverence for Nature.  As part of this, they will study herbalism and nature and natural healing magic. They will be oriented towards harmony and balance.  They will have rituals celebrating the turning of the seasons.  Harmless stuff.

2.  Just like the major religions, the minor religions are filled with fraud, stupidity and humbuggery.  There are a lot of stupid people, who can't tell the difference between Wicca and black magic. To such people, it's all "witchcraft".  This applies both to the practitioner and to those who fear them.   For the moment, we can set aside the issue of whether or not black magic really works.  The people who are attracted to black magic, tend not to be nice people.  Many of them have a few loose screws.  They are nut jobs.  They can be dangerous in ways that have nothing to do with magic or the supernatural.  Your priest friend is right.  Best to stay clear.

3.  Does black magic work?  This is a complex topic.  I'm going to cut to the chase.  No.  It doesn't work -- unless you believe in it.  This is what creates vulnerability to it.  If you believe it can harm people, then it can harm you.

4.  About my reiki training.  I'm going to make this simplistic.  If you walk a path of healing, you will encounter other healers.  Many will be more highly developed than you, and they will help you.

If you walk the path of Vampirism -- People who feed off the energies of others -- you will encounter other vampires.  Many of them will have bigger and sharper fangs than you.  Good luck with that.

:mellow:

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

If you walk the path of Vampirism -- People who feed off the energies of others -- you will encounter other vampires.  Many of them will have bigger and sharper fangs than you.  Good luck with that.

This reminds me of my grandfather who says "Wicked people are like spiders who ensnare those in their web." 

7 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

4.  About my reiki training.  I'm going to make this simplistic.  If you walk a path of healing, you will encounter other healers.  Many will be more highly developed than you, and they will help you.

I often forget to surround myself with those that wish well upon others :lol:. It is time to reorganize my circles. I don't want a friend who will wish ill on me as an emotional response, rather than resolve it intellectually.  

12 minutes ago, AlexanderDeMaio said:

This reminds me of my grandfather who says "Wicked people are like spiders who ensnare those in their web." 

I often forget to surround myself with those that wish well upon others :lol:. It is time to reorganize my circles. I don't want a friend who will wish ill on me as an emotional response, rather than resolve it intellectually.  

We don't need to be mystical about this.  Nice people tend to have nice friends.  People who will have dinner with you, for the pleasure of your company.  Who do mean people associate with?  Nobody who cares about them --   If they are not alone, because nobody likes them.

I don't need my friends to be like me.  It makes much better conversation if we don't agree.  I don't mean debate.  I don't mean argue.  That means a winner and a loser.  I mean conversation.  

1 hour ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I don't need my friends to be like me.  It makes much better conversation if we don't agree.  I don't mean debate.  I don't mean argue.  That means a winner and a loser.  I mean conversation.  

I did not mean it as such. I meant that the issue with the manager could have been resolved without the intent to harm him by black magic. The issue could have been resolved by displaying their displeasure to the manager and coming to a resolve. I agree with having friends with varying degrees of beliefs and opinions, but having a friend who acts irrationally to wish ill upon someone makes me feel threatened. What if I have an argument with them and they wish ill against me? It's a dangerous friendship. Anyway thanks for your input, I wish more would would have the courage like you to speak their mind, it is what makes a conversation thought provoking. Peace! 

1 hour ago, AlexanderDeMaio said:

I did not mean it as such. I meant that the issue with the manager could have been resolved without the intent to harm him by black magic. The issue could have been resolved by displaying their displeasure to the manager and coming to a resolve. I agree with having friends with varying degrees of beliefs and opinions, but having a friend who acts irrationally to wish ill upon someone makes me feel threatened. What if I have an argument with them and they wish ill against me? It's a dangerous friendship. Anyway thanks for your input, I wish more would would have the courage like you to speak their mind, it is what makes a conversation thought provoking. Peace! 

A moment of clarity.  It is the intent which is important.  Not the means.  Your "friend" intended to harm the manager.  It would not be more virtuous if he had used a gun or poison.  He intended to harm another human being, without just cause.  The use of harmful magic as means is mere detail.

I am as flawed as anybody else.  Over the years, I think I have offended most of the people I have ever met.  My friends forgave me and we moved on.  My friends understood that I had done something stupid, or weak, or otherwise unworthy of me, and they were willing to let it go.  In turn, I have often needed to forgive them.  We have such a tiny world.  We have to find ways to live with each other.  I don't need anybody in my life, who is willing to harm me.  Not by magic.  Not by throwing a rock at my head.  Not by posting on face book about me.  

As you say, he was willing to harm the manager.  You might well be next.

• Like 2
On 3/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Does black magic work?  This is a complex topic.  I'm going to cut to the chase.  No.  It doesn't work -- unless you believe in it.  This is what creates vulnerability to it.  If you believe it can harm people, then it can harm you.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

One of my teachers (she passed beyond the Veil a little over a year ago) always said I had a remarkable "cynic's shield".  Basically, I choose to believe that nothing can harm me.  Not a "demon/negative entity from another plane", not an "unhappy spirit", and certainly not another person attempting any sort of Working against me.

-------

Yes, I believe a person can raise power and direct it in some way. 

Said energy will also come back to the sender, times three.  

Do not associate or work with people who demonstrate that they are not healthy people to allow into the metaphysical world that you believe exists.

And really, that is how my "cynic's shield" works.  I am confident in what I believe exists, what energy I know I can/want to tap, what I want in my "world"  I do NOT want unhappy ghosts, I do not want "spirits", I do not want anything from a lower energy plane in my world.  And I choose to believe that in my world, no negative Working can harm me.  Even if they were to try, it would not affect me -- their negative energy would go into the Void/Ultimate Ground/the center of the Earth/fed into the fires of Pele that transmute and purify instead.  They can't get into my world.

Belief is VERY powerful. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Maracat said:

This is exactly what I was going to say.

One of my teachers (she passed beyond the Veil a little over a year ago) always said I had a remarkable "cynic's shield".  Basically, I choose to believe that nothing can harm me.  Not a "demon/negative entity from another plane", not an "unhappy spirit", and certainly not another person attempting any sort of Working against me.

-------

Yes, I believe a person can raise power and direct it in some way. 

Said energy will also come back to the sender, times three.  

Do not associate or work with people who demonstrate that they are not healthy people to allow into the metaphysical world that you believe exists.

And really, that is how my "cynic's shield" works.  I am confident in what I believe exists, what energy I know I can/want to tap, what I want in my "world"  I do NOT want unhappy ghosts, I do not want "spirits", I do not want anything from a lower energy plane in my world.  And I choose to believe that in my world, no negative Working can harm me.  Even if they were to try, it would not affect me -- their negative energy would go into the Void/Ultimate Ground/the center of the Earth/fed into the fires of Pele that transmute and purify instead.  They can't get into my world.

Belief is VERY powerful. 

While I tend to agree, this is overly esoteric for my taste.  Working with negativity has consequences.  If my goal is to live a long and happy life with a peaceful death -- then joining a street gang is inconsistent with my goals.

On a side note, Pele is an interesting goddess.  Nobody has hot flashes quite like Pele.     

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

While I tend to agree, this is overly esoteric for my taste.  Working with negativity has consequences.  If my goal is to live a long and happy life with a peaceful death -- then joining a street gang is inconsistent with my goals.

On a side note, Pele is an interesting goddess.  Nobody has hot flashes quite like Pele.     

You're absolutely correct it has consequences that should not be downplayed.  I'm also a big believer in following through in the physical world (as much as possible, when it's a coworker) of cutting people off who deal in those things.  It's one of two reasons why I don't actually wear jewelry or anything at work. 

The other is slightly amusing given the context of this OP -- at my first job I *was* open about my religion, and after awhile my boss started to have health problems.  She, in a halfway-joking but yes still opening all the drawers/closed shelves, looked for a "voodoo doll" of her in my cubicle.  After that she ended up having her gallbladder out and felt much better.

If It were my coworker and I'd somehow wound up in this situation, I wouldn't associate with them outside of work at all, and I certainly would not do any Workings with them of any kind.  I would also try to minimize socialization at work -- your boss might love you if you suddenly started taking fewer breaks and getting more work done, though take care of yourself too.  You might even be able to be "busy" when they go on break, then go on break by yourself later, if you can stagger them that way in your work environment.  

If you can't, I would try to not talk to them alone.  That way at least I wouldn't likely be getting into esoteric discussions.

43 minutes ago, Maracat said:

You're absolutely correct it has consequences that should not be downplayed.  I'm also a big believer in following through in the physical world (as much as possible, when it's a coworker) of cutting people off who deal in those things.  It's one of two reasons why I don't actually wear jewelry or anything at work. 

The other is slightly amusing given the context of this OP -- at my first job I *was* open about my religion, and after awhile my boss started to have health problems.  She, in a halfway-joking but yes still opening all the drawers/closed shelves, looked for a "voodoo doll" of her in my cubicle.  After that she ended up having her gallbladder out and felt much better.

If It were my coworker and I'd somehow wound up in this situation, I wouldn't associate with them outside of work at all, and I certainly would not do any Workings with them of any kind.  I would also try to minimize socialization at work -- your boss might love you if you suddenly started taking fewer breaks and getting more work done, though take care of yourself too.  You might even be able to be "busy" when they go on break, then go on break by yourself later, if you can stagger them that way in your work environment.  

If you can't, I would try to not talk to them alone.  That way at least I wouldn't likely be getting into esoteric discussions.

No matter what your inclinations are; someone will take offence.  It's one of the great lessons of my life.  These days, I tend to identify as Agnostic.  I've taken a lot of crap from Atheists, who think that I'm too tolerant of religion.  I also catch crap from the pious, who think I'm not spiritual.  Surprisingly, it's paid off.

"Be grateful for your enemies.  They will show you truths about yourself, that your friends never would."

:birgits_giggle:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:20 PM, Bones said:

Threefold law or the rule of three. That which you give out will be returned to you three times over. Karma on steroids in a sense. As to hexes, I don't toy with them, at least not for something like a personality conflict, but I will and have used them as defensive tool to aid others. Thing is, it's, for me, the nuclear option. You cut me off in traffic, I don't care. You insult me, or even threaten me, I can deal with it. You attempt to harm someone I care about or target a child, the gloves are off. 

• Like 1