The Most Revered Christian

I meet people now who confirm that working at home is losing its charm now that the novelty has worn off.

However, it looks to me like the changes are going to become permanent.

Can we expect to be home-bound for the remainder of our careers? What do we intend to do with all of that sparkling, new office space which is just sitting there empty? And all of the clothing that was part of the "dress for success" movement?

1 hour ago, gospelgirlone said:

I meet people now who confirm that working at home is losing its charm now that the novelty has worn off.

Can we expect to be home-bound for the remainder of our careers? What do we intend to do with all of that sparkling, new office space which is just sitting there empty? And all of the clothing that was part of the "dress for success" movement?

It's nice not to have to go out in harsh weather.  I miss being around people.

17 hours ago, mark 45 said:

anything is possible.

they(that being your employer)may decide your not needed in a office setting, or at least not as often.

Oh, I have no problem with not being as often as we used to in the office... but I'm a people's person. I need to see people in person. So much information gets lost on these digital mediums. I like working from home for the digital part (doing my analyses, writing reports et cetera... the production part). But for the analog part I really miss people (let's say for at least 2 days/week). 

• Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 7:22 AM, gospelgirlone said:

Humans are social animals. Interaction is a basic need that is met in some form or another. But actual physical contact, or person to person interaction, plays a big psychological part of how we see ourselves and others. I really don't see the "new office space" staying empty for very long.

Pandemics come and go over the centuries, so nothing is permanent.

19 minutes ago, Key said:

Humans are social animals. Interaction is a basic need that is met in some form or another. But actual physical contact, or person to person interaction, plays a big psychological part of how we see ourselves and others. I really don't see the "new office space" staying empty for very long.

Pandemics come and go over the centuries, so nothing is permanent.

Pandemics don't need to be permanent.  All too often, they last a lifetime.          😞