40 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agnostics and Atheists identify with what we can see and prove in our environment. We do not project myth into our perception or understanding. We have the reality we van identify. Everything else is unprovable and baseless. To us it is you that has nothing but superstition and myth. If you base your sum on nothing , it does not matter how many times you multiply it your sum total argument is still nothing. You have not one thing you can bring to the discussion that we can agree proves anything, and therefore your defending a position with nothing. I give you that you are persistent, but like the multiplying of nothing it does mean anything except to you.

Hello, Pete.     :bye:

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

The above message was for Dan. Sadly for him persistence is not evidence.

I know it was for Dan.  I wanted to say hello.  On that note -- :bye:

Dan just got through saying -- yet again -- that Atheists believe in nothing.  That Agnostics know nothing.  Since he is incapable of learning, I don't care what he thinks.  Discussion is for people with mental process.  Not rote responses.     

:drinks:

On 1/9/2021 at 8:31 PM, Pete said:

Agnostics and Atheists identify with what we can see and prove in our environment. We do not project myth into our perception or understanding. We have the reality we can identify. Everything else is unprovable and baseless. To us it is you that has nothing but superstition and myth. If you base your sum on nothing , it does not matter how many times you multiply it your sum total argument is still nothing. You have not one thing you can bring to the discussion that we can agree proves anything, and therefore your defending a position with nothing. I give you that you are persistent, but like the multiplying of nothing it does mean anything except to you.

Yes, I'm aware that if you can't see something for yourself that your incapable of believing it. But consider the possibility that something  you can't prove could exist. I'm not content with non-provable theories, so I prefer to put my trust in something that answers all my questions. Science doesn't do that.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:26 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I know it was for Dan.  I wanted to say hello.  On that note -- :bye:

Dan just got through saying -- yet again -- that Atheists believe in nothing.  That Agnostics know nothing.  Since he is incapable of learning, I don't care what he thinks.  Discussion is for people with mental process.  Not rote responses.     

:drinks:

Umm, I believe it was you who said; "Agnostics end it with -- I don't know"... I was simply agreeing with you. And as I've pointed out many times, my comment about Atheist knowing nothing is in regards to nothing of a divine nature.

7 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Yes, I'm aware that if you can't see something for yourself that your incapable of believing it. But consider the possibility that something  you can't prove could exist. I'm not content with non-provable theories, so I prefer to put my trust in something that answers all my questions. Science doesn't do that.

Umm, I believe it was you who said; "Agnostics end it with -- I don't know"... I was simply agreeing with you. And as I've pointed out many times, my comment about Atheist knowing nothing is in regards to nothing of a divine nature.

I understand.  I have confused you.  The fault is mine.  I need to speak more plainly, with a lower common denominator.     

Apatheism:  Neither the possible existence, nor nonexistence, of God matters.  Even the question of God's existence is meaningless.

Are we happy now?

:coffee:

On 1/8/2021 at 10:18 PM, Dan56 said:

That was my point... You have your theories and I have my faith, neither of which are substantiated with objective verifiable facts.

So as I mentioned many moons aloft; When push comes to shove, no one knows nothing.

As I mentioned many moons ago: if you were (living as a) Quaker I would actually - at least - respect your position.

But on the other hand...

One must - at least - admire the irony in you being able to use the wonderful things science has brought us to spread you "opinion" on what's knowable...

1 hour ago, RevBogovac said:

As I mentioned many moons ago: if you were (living as a) Quaker I would actually - at least - respect your position.

But on the other hand...

One must - at least - admire the irony in you being able to use the wonderful things science has brought us to spread you "opinion" on what's knowable...

We expect such a huge, subtle distinction from Dan.

• I know nothing about anything.
  • I know nothing about God.

No wonder that Dan gets confused.         :sigh2:

15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Even the question of God's existence is meaningless.

Not to me.

11 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

One must - at least - admire the irony in you being able to use the wonderful things science has brought us to spread your "opinion" on what's knowable...

Yes, the Lord works in mysterious ways.

15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Even the question of God's existence is meaningless.          :boredom:

No question is meaningless... But the answers often are.

God's existence is only meaningless to the faithless, but He is not a question mark to the faithful.

Didn't mean to turn this thread off topic

2 hours ago, Dan56 said:

No question is meaningless... But the answers often are.

God's existence is only meaningless to the faithless, but He is not a question mark to the faithful.

Didn't mean to turn this thread off topic

The question of God's existence, is both meaningless and futile.  A god which can not be demonstrated to exist, is irrelevant and meaningless.  

This is the way to end foolish arguments about faith and belief.

:boredom:

8 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

The question of God's existence, is both meaningless and futile.  A god which can not be demonstrated to exist, is irrelevant and meaningless.  

This is the way to end foolish arguments about faith and belief.

:boredom:

2 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Christ did demonstrate God on Earth.. He did the impossible and rose from the grave, neither of which is irrelevant or meaningless.

Please let me help you, Dan; there is a big (huge) difference between past, present and future tense here. Demonstrable means: able to be proved.

So Dan; what can be done, repeatedly (or as scientists tend to say: verifiably), to demonstrate your god exists?

4 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

Please let me help you, Dan; there is a big (huge) difference between past, present and future tense here. Demonstrable means: able to be proved.

So Dan; what can be done, repeatedly (or as scientists tend to say: verifiably), to demonstrate your god exists?

Good.     :clap:

I see Dan's argument equivalent to someone believing in Pixies living in the centre of the sun. It maybe very unlikely but with faith you can believe that they are there. No one can disprove it. Therefore that is okay then.

😅🤣😂

Edited by Pete