19 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

My ordination gives me the title of Reverend.

My honorary Doctor of Divinity gives me the title of Doctor.

What does someone do with a sainthood?  There are some Indian gurus who use "Sant" as part of their title.  It's more than I aspire to.  Catholic Saints are expected to be dead.

:mellow:

At one point I toyed with the idea of being a teacher. For two years I worked as a substitute teacher in three different school systems mostly middle school. I came to the conclusion that I enjoyed teaching the kids. I learned to dislike many teachers and parents weren't far behind teachers on my dislike list. Instead I spent a number of years working as assistant director, educator and program development at a nature center. It ticked all the boxex. Except for money, C'est la vie.

I too am an ordained with the title of Reverend as well as an Honorary Doctor of Divinity.

The Satanic Temple is putting together the necessary particulars to be ordained in their church. I have become a member and I may pursue an ordination at TST if the opportunity arises.

So I have that going for me

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, damnthing said:

At one point I toyed with the idea of being a teacher. For two years I worked as a substitute teacher in three different school systems mostly middle school. I came to the conclusion that I enjoyed teaching the kids. I learned to dislike many teachers and parents weren't far behind teachers on my dislike list. Instead I spent a number of years working as assistant director, educator and program development at a nature center. It ticked all the boxex. Except for money, C'est la vie.

I too am an ordained with the title of Reverend as well as an Honorary Doctor of Divinity.

The Satanic Temple is putting together the necessary particulars to be ordained in their church. I have become a member and I may pursue an ordination at TST if the opportunity arises.

So I have that going for me

I was unaware that you were pursuing Satanic Priesthood.

May the Blessings of His Infernal Majesty be upon you always, 'til the end of time.  Ave Satanus.

:diablo:

:devil::devil::devil:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I was unaware that you were pursuing Satanic Priesthood.

May the Blessings of His Infernal Majesty be upon you always, 'til the end of time.  Ave Satanus.

:diablo:

:devil::devil::devil:

And therein lies the rub: The Satanic Temple, while a religion, does not believe in supernatural creators or beings, including Satan. I think it can best be described as a humanist approach to religion. Put another way, where ever there is an evangelical, aggro, religio-pathic entity that feels it's their right to push their beliefs and agendas into the public sphere (public property, schools, town/city hall, TST will be there, advocating in favor of those entities pushing into the secular world. At a cost, of course. TST welcomes religious intrusions as it then allows TST to 'offer' one of their religious statuary, a large cast statue of Baphomet, to sit side by each with whatever religio-pathic display the particular entity chooses.  So TST exists, literally, to stop the push of evangelical religio-paths into the secular world.

Ave Satanus

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Do you find it meaningful?

I am honored to have been chosen to have the recognition bestowed upon me. There are many fine people that have done many good things on that list. It is whatever you make it out to be. 

1 hour ago, damnthing said:

And therein lies the rub: The Satanic Temple, while a religion, does not believe in supernatural creators or beings, including Satan. I think it can best be described as a humanist approach to religion. Put another way, where ever there is an evangelical, aggro, religio-pathic entity that feels it's their right to push their beliefs and agendas into the public sphere (public property, schools, town/city hall, TST will be there, advocating in favor of those entities pushing into the secular world. At a cost, of course. TST welcomes religious intrusions as it then allows TST to 'offer' one of their religious statuary, a large cast statue of Baphomet, to sit side by each with whatever religio-pathic display the particular entity chooses.  So TST exists, literally, to stop the push of evangelical religio-paths into the secular world.

Ave Satanus

Just so.  Evangelicals do seem to find Satan more disturbing, than the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

:bye:

3 minutes ago, Cornelius said:

I am honored to have been chosen to have the recognition bestowed upon me. There are many fine people that have done many good things on that list. It is whatever you make it out to be. 

It's enough for me that it's meaningful to you.     :cheers:

27 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's enough for me that it's meaningful to you.     :cheers:

I appreciate that. I wrestled with the idea for quite a while. I don't like anything that seems to put me above others. Many people take things like this that way. I do however realize the gift that was given to me and have seen the excellent people with good deeds that also have received it. So it's not something I look at lightly or in jest. As far as how it affects my life is quite minimal. It's just a snapple fact I might mention to a close friend over a few drinks. Legally if I wanted too like with Reverend I could put it before my name but I definitely choose not too. I don't however look down upon it not because I was given it but because of the fine people who also have been. I don't want to disrespect them and what they have done.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cornelius said:

I appreciate that. I wrestled with the idea for quite a while. I don't like anything that seems to put me above others. Many people take things like this that way. I do however realize the gift that was given to me and have seen the excellent people with good deeds that also have received it. So it's not something I look at lightly or in jest. As far as how it affects my life is quite minimal. It's just a snapple fact I might mention to a close friend over a few drinks. Legally if I wanted too like with Reverend I could put it before my name but I definitely choose not too. I don't however look down upon it not because I was given it but because of the fine people who also have been. I don't want to disrespect them and what they have done.

I can appreciate your being low key about this.  Too many are not ready to understand.  In truth, I'm not sure I understand.  What I do get is that it's important to you.  As Jesus said, "Don't cast your pearls before swine."

:bye:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, Cornelius said:

I understand and share much of your view. I, however, feel too humble to even seek a title to sainthood. But that is just me.

It is good that it does do you some comfort in some way, though. Cheers. :cheers:

Edited by Key