ULC Saint: someone who has exercised the spiritual virtues of "faith, hope, and charity" to an extraordinary degree; someone who provides inspiration, works "miracles", and offers hope and help to others. (By purchasing/bestowing Sainthood within the ULC upon a beloved person, their name is canonized in the official records of the church for all time!)

Where is this record of saints and why can't I find it anywhere? What is the point of recognizing someone's sainthood if the data is not going to be available to anyone? What a waste of money!!! Someone post a link to the official list/record, if it even exists...sigh...

If you are a ULC Saint or have had someone sainted, and would like to, please post an entry on them with all the appropriate saintly details where possible. Such as: bio,what they are a saint for,if they are a Patron Saint of anything, prayers, feast days, associated symbols and symbology, crests, etc.

Also post if they are dead or alive please.

The last time I bothered looking; ULC Sainthood was available for a $5.00 donation.  It's probably more now, if the product is still available.  It was cheaper than the ULC Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree -- and about as meaningful.  The ULC stores also sell an extensive list of titles.  All suitable for framing.

Sometimes, reality bites.  ULC Sainthood is what it is -- and nothing more.  I always understood it to be an expression of humor -- and a fund raiser.

:bye:

• Like 1

There are 2 different Sainthood packages available for different prices. There used to be more. 

I take my ministry seriously, thusly I take sainthood seriously. It is a shame that sainthood within our church is so horribly nerfed. I seek to utilize the concept of sainthood in our church to its greatest potential. A Saint is an exemplary individual worthy of celebration that inspires others to be more than they are.  If a Saint is to be emulated then the Saint must be known. Hence, the entire point of this thread. 

46 minutes ago, Amalga9 said:

There are 2 different Sainthood packages available for different prices. There used to be more. 

I take my ministry seriously, thusly I take sainthood seriously. It is a shame that sainthood within our church is so horribly nerfed. I seek to utilize the concept of sainthood in our church to its greatest potential. A Saint is an exemplary individual worthy of celebration that inspires others to be more than they are.  If a Saint is to be emulated then the Saint must be known. Hence, the entire point of this thread. 

I take myself seriously.  Sometimes, more than I should.  My church?  Not so much.

I take your point.  As to the function of the church, I refer back to the founder, Kirby J. Hensley.  Old Kirby had a spiel.  "What is the difference between a minister and everybody else?  The minister has a certificate!  You want a certificate?  We have certificates!"

To my understanding, Kirby was motivated largely by animosity to established churches.  He created ULC, so that we could take our certificates and create our own ministries.  It was about self empowerment.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I take myself seriously.  Sometimes, more than I should.  My church?  Not so much.

I take your point.  As to the function of the church, I refer back to the founder, Kirby J. Hensley.  Old Kirby had a spiel.  "What is the difference between a minister and everybody else?  The minister has a certificate!  You want a certificate?  We have certificates!"

To my understanding, Kirby was motivated largely by animosity to established churches.  He created ULC, so that we could take our certificates and create our own ministries.  It was about self empowerment.

Much love...you know your Kirby. Fair enough. I see your point. But sometimes self empowerment comes from emulation of that which inspires you. The certificate acts like legal "lube" as it were and is only in place so that our way of life cannot be impeded by redtape bullcrap. It is simply a means to an ends but in no way invalidates the ends. If you know what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Amalga9 said:

Much love...you know your Kirby. Fair enough. I see your point. But sometimes self empowerment comes from emulation of that which inspires you. The certificate acts like legal "lube" as it were and is only in place so that our way of life cannot be impeded by redtape bullcrap. It is simply a means to an ends but in no way invalidates the ends. If you know what I mean.

Just so.  Kirby used to say that the church was to stand between us and the government.  Not between us and God.

The great men and women of the past are there for emulation, with or without sainthood.  A good example would be President Harry Truman.  His famous the buck stops here is still an inspiration to good government and personal responsibility.  Nobody thinks that Harry was a saint.  Well, perhaps by current standards.

In fact, I think Harry is a better role model, than some people who were declared saints.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Just so.  Kirby used to say that the church was to stand between us and the government.  Not between us and God.

The great men and women of the past are there for emulation, with or without sainthood.  A good example would be President Harry Truman.  His famous the buck stops here is still an inspiration to good government and personal responsibility.  Nobody thinks that Harry was a saint.  Well, perhaps by current standards.

In fact, I think Harry is a better role model, than some people who were declared saints.

I agree. Gandhi and Mother Teresa are good examples of Holy people not being quite what we were lead to believe. I personally believe FDR to be a Saint as well as Pauly Shore(actual ULC Saint since June 18,2020; It's ok to laugh. The reason for his Sainthood will be listed in due time). There are many people I plan to have Sainted. Not every person worth emulating is worthy of Sainthood. It is something that must be discerned in the "Spirit".

32 minutes ago, Amalga9 said:

I agree. Gandhi and Mother Teresa are good examples of Holy people not being quite what we were lead to believe. I personally believe FDR to be a Saint as well as Pauly Shore(actual ULC Saint since June 18,2020; It's ok to laugh. The reason for his Sainthood will be listed in due time). There are many people I plan to have Sainted. Not every person worth emulating is worthy of Sainthood. It is something that must be discerned in the "Spirit".

True, and not everybody declared a saint -- is actually a saint.  It seems to mean something to you.  This much I understand.  What I don't get is why.  It takes more than a $5.00 certificate, to make someone a worthy example.  IMO.  Your money is buying paperwork and a declaration.  How is this different, than the Catholic Church selling indulgences?  It seems to me that you could be supporting a form of corruption.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

True, and not everybody declared a saint -- is actually a saint.  It seems to mean something to you.  This much I understand.  What I don't get is why.  It takes more than a $5.00 certificate, to make someone a worthy example.  IMO.  Your money is buying paperwork and a declaration.  How is this different, than the Catholic Church selling indulgences?  It seems to me that you could be supporting a form of corruption.

The paperwork/price is irrelevant...it is a means to an ends. The important thing is the recognition of Sainthood. Sainthood can be likened to a form of godhood-achieved. Being recognized as a living Saint can be very empowering and act as a driving reason to simply be a better person. There is a lot of wasted flesh out there. You have to sift through all the rough to find the gems. Sainthood is a motivation of spirit. Corruption is a relative perspective. All churches have something to sell.

4 minutes ago, Amalga9 said:

The paperwork/price is irrelevant...it is a means to an ends. The important thing is the recognition of Sainthood. Sainthood can be likened to a form of godhood-achieved. Being recognized as a living Saint can be very empowering and act as a driving reason to simply be a better person. There is a lot of wasted flesh out there. You have to sift through all the rough to find the gems. Sainthood is a motivation of spirit. Corruption is a relative perspective. All churches have something to sell.

As you say.  There are much worse things than ULC.  I'm not sure what a ULC declaration of sainthood counts for.  In truth, your own standards are probably much higher.

Even in purely spiritual matters, we have to ask if this is the best use of your resources.  Instead of paying ULC to declare the people on your list saints -- why not create your own church?  One that would reflect your values -- and a declaration of sainthood would actually mean something?

Recognition of people worthy of sainthood, makes a nice mission statement.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

As you say.  There are much worse things than ULC.  I'm not sure what a ULC declaration of sainthood counts for.  In truth, your own standards are probably much higher.

Even in purely spiritual matters, we have to ask if this is the best use of your resources.  Instead of paying ULC to declare the people on your list saints -- why not create your own church?  One that would reflect your values -- and a declaration of sainthood would actually mean something?

Recognition of people worthy of sainthood, makes a nice mission statement.

You are correct. And I have every intention of starting a ULC Church in my local area which already exists in some form but is still in its infancy, thusly baby steps... And since, the price is so very negligible, why not? They are but stepping stones to a greater foundation.

3 minutes ago, Amalga9 said:

You are correct. And I have every intention of starting a ULC Church in my local area which already exists in some form but is still in its infancy, thusly baby steps... And since, the price is so very negligible, why not? They are but stepping stones to a greater foundation.

This is good.  You have a plan and you know where you are going.  I wish you every success.

:clap:     :bye:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe that Pauly Shore(Pauly Shore - Wikipedia) is a "Sacred Clown" and an embodiment of faith, hope, and charity and is a living example(Patron Saint) of Universal Living via Freedom/Chillin, Food/Grindage, and Sexuality/Nugs for both "Heaven" and "Hell". He is an example for us all. Basically, he is a living embodiment of everything the ULC believes and stands for!!!...which is(in case you forgot):

Tenet: Do only that which is right.(You must decide what is right for you, and not condemn others if their "right" is different than yours. Every individual is free to practice their religion however they like as long as their actions do not impinge upon the rights/freedoms of other and are in accordance with the law.) This will guide you through any and/or all decisions in your life.

Motto: "We are one."/ "We are all children of the same universe."

Belief: Universal understanding and brotherhood will bring peace and prosperity for all.

Slogan: To live and help live.

Objective: Eternal Progression

Goal: A fuller life for everyone

We Desire: To be competent, to be proficient, to be cooperative, to love our fellow man, to appreciate, to be humble, to be honest, to be moral, to live positively, to believe what we believe, and to be what we profess.

Life is Freedom: Freedom is the most important thing to everyone. Every living thing fights for its freedom- freedom to shape its own destiny, freedom of movement, freedom to to fulfill its dreams and ambitions so long as that pursuit does not infringe on the rights of others. Some would say our Creator endows us all with this inalienable right. Others posit that it defies the natural order for any human to have dominion over another. Regardless of its theological or philosophical underpinnings, the belief in freedom has borne up countless struggles for good and justice throughout the ages. Such freedom is a core tenet of the ULC, an end to which we tirelessly advocate.

Life is Food: Without food there can be no freedom, only a desperate fight for survival. Thus food is key and fundamental to prosperity and happiness for all humankind. There is enough soil, water, and sunlight on this planet that under responsible stewardship, no mouth should go unfed, and no thirst unquenched. We dedicate ourselves to the task of alleviating hunger and malnourishment throughout the world. When people see beyond the immediacy of day-to-day survival, great thoughts, ideas and futures can flourish.

Life is Sexuality: Sexuality is essential to the continuation of the human race. For years, societies have feared sex and maligned expressions of sexuality that were not for the purpose of procreation. We are born with sexual instincts. These should be neither stifled nor condemned. In much the same way as the pursuit of freedom must be held in check by consideration of its externalities, sexuality should have no other requirement than that it is devoid of coercion and exploitation. Sex should be celebrated as a positive force, not hidden under a bushel. To deny our natural desires or feel ashamed of our instinctive and consensual urges is to deny life itself.

"Heaven is when you have it. Hell is when you don't."-- Kirby Hensley(ULC Founder and Prophet): ULC view of life. When you are allowed to express life naturally via freedom/food/sexuality, you are in a state or condition of "HEAVEN". When you are not allowed to express life naturally via those things, you are in a state or condition of "HELL".

We are advocates of the good life!!!

Be at peace with "God", whatever you conceive him to be.

Pauly's feast day, as a default, could be celebrated on his birthday(February 1, 1968) or the day of his recognition as a Patron Saint of Universal Living(June 18,2020). Sushi, deli trays, tequilla, cannabis edibles and other PARTY foods/grindage(lol) and imbibements are appropriate for his feast days. Yoga, dancing, singing, laughing, making love, telling jokes and even pranking are all suitable activities for these days. Most importantly Chill and have fun with it for this day is about celebrating Universal Living!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a ULC Saint. I have been for a long time now. The records exist at the hq in Modesto. A donation alone doesn't get one sainted, there has to be a reason given. Sometimes Sainthood is bestowed upon people with no donation required, by the church, as a form of recognition for something they have done. This was done in my case and has been for other forum members as well. 

Edited by Cornelius
10 hours ago, Cornelius said:

I am a ULC Saint. I have been for a long time now. The records exist at the hq in Modesto. A donation alone doesn't get one sainted, there has to be a reason given. Sometimes Sainthood is bestowed upon people with no donation required, by the church, as a form of recognition for something they have done. This was done in my case and has been for other forum members as well. 

Do you find it meaningful?

52 minutes ago, damnthing said:

We all make poor choices at one time or another. Trick is whether or not one learns from those choices. Some of us have. Clearly others have not.

My ordination gives me the title of Reverend.

My honorary Doctor of Divinity gives me the title of Doctor.

What does someone do with a sainthood?  There are some Indian gurus who use "Sant" as part of their title.  It's more than I aspire to.  Catholic Saints are expected to be dead.

:mellow: