All I can say is anyone who does not think slavery is bad are welcome to become my slave for 7 years working long hours and getting beaten regularly. However as it is in this bronze age book it cannot be bad eah!

What have you got to say?. I will pay your capturers  good money for you and I promise not to kill you. I will make sure you don't get away. I may even perform circumcision on you and molest the women. Do not complain because there is this god you cannot see who says it is fine. Any volunteers?

Edited by Pete
4 minutes ago, Pete said:

All I can say is anyone who does not think slavery is bad are welcome to become my slave for 7 years working long hours and getting beaten regularly. However as it is in this bronze age book it cannot be bad eah!

What have you got to say?. I will pay your capturers  good money for you and I promise not to kill you. I will make sure you don't get away. I may even perform circumcision on you and molest the women. Do not complain because there is this god you cannot see who says it is fine. Any volunteers?

I think that owning people as property is wrong.  Then again, I lack piety.     :bye:

3 hours ago, Pete said:

In the days of the lords of the manor in the UK. You could dismiss any servant seen during the day in the masters quarters. So if they cause me bother I will  just sell them off to someone worse.

I think they are lucky I don't believe in slavery, biblical or not.

Of course.  Your ethical standard's are higher than the Bible's standards.  In truth, this is faint praise.

:bye:

• Like 1
On 12/11/2020 at 9:18 PM, Pete said:

In the days of the lords of the manor in the UK. You could dismiss any servant seen during the day in the masters quarters. So if they cause me bother I will  just sell them off to someone worse.

I think they are lucky I don't believe in slavery, biblical or not.

Of course.  Your ethical standard's are higher than the Bible's standards.  In truth, this is faint praise.

:bye: