The bible is the best argument for Atheism.

I always watch the deception being made when followers use the bible to justify their messages with a few chosen words from the collected works whilst ignoring the majority of the rest of it. They say love thy neighbour but ignore the barbaric nature of the law in the OT. All that is supposed to come from the same cosmic being. They preach that god died for their sins in order to save them whilst forgetting this is the same vicious being that tried to drown the world in the tale of Noah because he could not forgive. The same god which gave laws that none virgin brides should be stoned, that wayward daughters of priests should be burnt alive, and that parental abusive children should be killed. This and it's unscientific explanations for things like creation, disease, and astronomy. 

The more one reads it as a whole instead of the selective verses the more one conceives the nonsense of it and is driven like myself from believer to none believer. I feel the the best argument for Atheism is the bible and it's irritating and illogical adherent followers.

Edited by Pete
5 minutes ago, Pete said:

True. There is nothing that inspires me to believe that the holy books are the words of some mystic super being. 

Maybe if the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy was written in the far past then maybe it to would have religious followers. 

It makes more sense than a lot of other things.  Where else can you get the answer to -- Life the Universe and Everything?

:birgits_giggle:

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Aaah! But it changes once you discover it. 

Alas, what changes is the correct way to ask the ultimate question.  What is 8 times 6?

The reason that nothing ever seems to make sense -- Is that in truth, the Universe is deeply flawed -- and nothing does make sense.

It works for me.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I always watch the deception being made when followers use the bible to justify their messages with a few chosen words from the collected works whilst ignoring the majority of the rest of it. They say love thy neighbour but ignore the barbaric nature of the law in the OT. All that is supposed to come from the same cosmic being. They preach that god died for their sins in order to save them whilst forgetting this is the same vicious being that tried to drown the world in the tale of Noah because he could not forgive. The same god which gave laws that none virgin brides should be stoned, that wayward daughters of priests should be burnt alive, and that parental abusive children should be killed. This and it's unscientific explanations for things like creation, disease, and astronomy. 

The more one reads it as a whole instead of the selective verses the more one conceives the nonsense of it and is driven like myself from believer to none believer. I feel the the best argument for Atheism is the bible and it's irritating and illogical adherent followers.

The bible is the same throughout... The laws and punishment of the old testament were simply kept and answered by Christ, now the curse of the law (punishment) of the OT was replaced by grace in the new covenant.

2 hours ago, Dan56 said:

The bible is the same throughout... The laws and punishment of the old testament were simply kept and answered by Christ, now the curse of the law (punishment) of the OT was replaced by grace in the new covenant.

:mellow:        I can't argue with that.     :mellow:        From start to finish.....        :mellow:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes, bull from the beginning till the end. 🐃🐂🐃🐄

Just so.  The Christian Sheeple.  

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. ...

Do you know about real shepherds?  They kill their sheep, eat their flesh and wear their skins.  This, after a lifetime of fleecing.

If the sheep knew more about shepherds, they would take their chances with wolves.  They would grow their horns back, like the ancient rams, and defend themselves.

:mellow:
  • Like 2
On 10/23/2020 at 7:06 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Alas, what changes is the correct way to ask the ultimate question.  What is 8 times 6?

The reason that nothing ever seems to make sense -- Is that in truth, the Universe is deeply flawed -- and nothing does make sense.

It works for me.

Ah, but that may not be the only question with the same outcome. 32 + 10?

1 hour ago, Key said:

Not really. Interpretation is key. Not literally. (I did get it. But I guess mine missed?)

It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  A series of books by Douglas Adams.  There were five books in the trilogy.  (Think about that.)  Much of the books was taken up by the question of Life, the Universe and Everything.  The answer turned out to be 42.  It then developed that for 42 to make any sense, it was necessary to understand the question. (42?  Life, the Universe and everything is 42?  **?)   That, alas, was -- What is 8 times 6?  Which is not 42.  Which demonstrates the flaw in reality.  Among other things, this is poking fun at philosophy and theology.  It is an exercise in absurdity -- not correct math.

You may have seen the Bible, referenced as The Goatherder's Guide to the Galaxy.  This is what that joke is base on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  A series of books by Douglas Adams.  There were five books in the trilogy.  (Think about that.)  Much of the books was taken up by the question of Life, the Universe and Everything.  The answer turned out to be 42.  It then developed that for 42 to make any sense, it was necessary to understand the question. (42?  Life, the Universe and everything is 42?  **?)   That, alas, was -- What is 8 times 6?  Which is not 42.  Which demonstrates the flaw in reality.  Among other things, this is poking fun at philosophy and theology.  It is an exercise in absurdity -- not correct math.

You may have seen the Bible, referenced as The Goatherder's Guide to the Galaxy.  This is what that joke is base on.

Yes, but using correct math for a flaw in reality is really a joke, too. Flaws can't accept it...because it is flawed.

56 minutes ago, Key said:

Yes, but using correct math for a flaw in reality is really a joke, too. Flaws can't accept it...because it is flawed.

Alright then.  Math humor.

There are three kinds of people.  The people who understand math -- and the people who don't.

Why are the days longer in Summer; and shorter in Winter?

Because in Summer, it's hot and the days expand.  In Winter, it's cold and the days contract.

Stay happy.     :birgits_giggle: