Donald Trump is the antichrist. ūüėą

1 hour ago, cuchulain said:

Dan in a nutshell.  We're all given a photo of the sun on the horizon.  Dan believes it's setting.  He has a book that says so and a lantern.  He's busy telling everyone about the sunset.  We all compared our photo with each other and reality and see it's sunrise.  We tell Dan who has his eyes closed.  He's insisting it's dark.  But his lantern is providing light.  The thing is it does not work and we can all see because it's day but Dan keeps insisting it's the light from his lantern and not only that but we're all fools.  And he can't grasp why we're all mad about being called fools...and worse he has tricked others into believing and they have killed because they believe the lantern only works if you believe.

Dan speaks for God.  God is never wrong, so Dan is never wrong.  About anything.  We don't agree with Dan, so we are wrong.  About everything.

:rolleyes:

:mellow:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow.                  

For what it is, it's a great job.  I'm impressed.     

Fascinating to see a few atheist trying to determine who the ant-Christ is!! An oxymoron for certain.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

Yes, you have clearly stated yourself: "[you're] anti-fascism". And "antifa" is nothing more and nothing less than short for anti-fascism.

Your assumptions can go both ways BTW: it would be just as easy to say every conservative is a fascist... you just don't want to see any nuance (in others).

I've also pointed out, "I know what it stands for and what they claim, but I just believe their actions demonstrate the polar opposite. As I wrote; "Its been my contention that antifa are a fascist group, despite their claim to be otherwise." So I obviously don't believe antifa's claim of being anti-fascist, in my book they are Marxist. 

50 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Dan speaks for God.  God is never wrong, so Dan is never wrong.  About anything.  We don't agree with Dan, so we are wrong.  About everything.

:rolleyes:

God speaks for himself, and He is never wrong.. So of course you'll be in contention with any believer. Christ is the Truth, so I have my truth and you have yours.

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

I've also pointed out, "I know what it stands for and what they claim, but I just believe their actions demonstrate the polar opposite. As I wrote; "Its been my contention that antifa are a fascist group, despite their claim to be otherwise." So I obviously don't believe antifa's claim of being anti-fascist, in my book they are Marxist. 

God speaks for himself, and He is never wrong.. So of course you'll be in contention with any believer. Christ is the Truth, so I have my truth and you have yours.

So are you Marxist (as we have established you are antifa)?

And your god is only never wrong if you consider infanticide not to be wrong (as he commits it). So, from that point of view I'd actually say Trump isn't the antichrist but actually a good (representation of what a) christian (is).

Edited by RevBogovac
typos
1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

So, you regard truth the same silly way you regard evidence.  Without understanding.  No.  Truth is Truth and it depends on evidence.  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

5 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

So are you Marxist (as we have established you are antifa)?

And your god is only never wrong if you consider infanticide not to be wrong (as he commits it). So, from that point of view I'd actually say Trump isn't the antichrist but actually a good (representation of what a) christian (is).

No, I wrote that I believe antifa is a Marxist group.. You seem intent on linking me with antifa, which is an organization I deplore. Try to focus, I have repeatedly defined myself as a capitalist, conservative, fundamentalist, anti-fascist, anti-Marxist, and anti-antifa. 

God takes every life at His discretion, He created all life, so its His prerogative to choose when to end it. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

So, you regard truth the same silly way you regard evidence.  Without understanding.  No.  Truth is Truth and it depends on evidence.  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

The truth can be understood without evidence. If you were alive in 1720 and someone told you that man would one day fly to the moon, you would have chalked it off as a false and fictitious tale because there was no evidence to prove man could fly, let alone to the moon... And you would have been wrong.

The 'truth' is not contingent on your ability to prove it, and it can be true whether its understood or not.

54 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

No, I wrote that I believe antifa is a Marxist group.. You seem intent on linking me with antifa, which is an organization I deplore. Try to focus, I have repeatedly defined myself as a capitalist, conservative, fundamentalist, anti-fascist, anti-Marxist, and anti-antifa. 

God takes every life at His discretion, He created all life, so its His prerogative to choose when to end it. 

The truth can be understood without evidence. If you were alive in 1720 and someone told you that man would one day fly to the moon, you would have chalked it off as a false and fictitious tale because there was no evidence to prove man could fly, let alone to the moon... And you would have been wrong.

The 'truth' is not contingent on your ability to prove it, and it can be true whether its understood or not.

Why do you hate reality so much?

12 hours ago, Dan56 said:

You have falsely conflated God with his believers.  If your god exists, and let's just give it for now for the sake of debate, that does NOT equal his followers being right, and doesn't mean we will always be in contention.  See, your god always being right doesn't mean YOU are, by any means.  So obviously, we have reason to contend upon occasion(peacefully, I would hope).  

Our contention with you in this circumstance is simple.  You claim to be anti fascist.  Literally, antifa means anti fascist.  You want to believe the trump bs.  But trump isn't god either.  See, antifa isn't even a literal organization.  It's a lot like if you claimed atheists were all organized under the atheist organization.  It doesn't exist as an organization.  Plain and simple.  

So when we claim you are antifa, it is because of this deficit in your communications skills.  You want to redefine it to mean what trump has said.  BUT IT ISN'T, no matter how much you claim otherwise.  It is simply put anti fascist.  End of story.  

But you love redefining things to fit your erroneous view of reality.  And you NEVER admit when you are wrong.  Even in this thread, when you have LITERALLY ARGUED AGAINST YOUR OWN FREAKING WORDS!!!!

4 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Why do you hate reality so much?

As the slogan often seen on T-shirts says, "Reality Sucks" :)... I can assure you that I live in reality, I just hope for far better things, and that's where Christ enters the picture. Reality is that your born and then die, I'm just not content with just that. The real question might be; Why are you satisfied with a finite reality?

7 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

You have falsely conflated God with his believers.  If your god exists, and let's just give it for now for the sake of debate, that does NOT equal his followers being right, and doesn't mean we will always be in contention.  See, your god always being right doesn't mean YOU are, by any means.  So obviously, we have reason to contend upon occasion(peacefully, I would hope).  

Our contention with you in this circumstance is simple.  You claim to be anti fascist.  Literally, antifa means anti fascist.  You want to believe the trump bs.  But trump isn't god either.  See, antifa isn't even a literal organization.  It's a lot like if you claimed atheists were all organized under the atheist organization.  It doesn't exist as an organization.  Plain and simple.  

So when we claim you are antifa, it is because of this deficit in your communications skills.  You want to redefine it to mean what trump has said.  BUT IT ISN'T, no matter how much you claim otherwise.  It is simply put anti fascist.  End of story.  

But you love redefining things to fit your erroneous view of reality.  And you NEVER admit when you are wrong.  Even in this thread, when you have LITERALLY ARGUED AGAINST YOUR OWN FREAKING WORDS!!!!

I never claimed Christians are perfect, only that Christ himself was. That's the beauty of Christianity, despite that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, we are perfected in Christ. Our faith in him is what makes us right. I didn't mean to imply self-righteousness, because everyone I know is a screw-up to some degree.

I know that antifa stands for anti-fascists, but I oppose left-wing violent political activists, which is why Trump classified them as a terrorist group. You may not agree, but I've seen enough video footage of statues being torn down, people being beaten, and property destroyed, to denounce them. Actions speak louder than words. You can oppose fascism in a democracy without embracing the violent tactics of antifa. How can I admit I'm wrong when I absolutely abhor antifa? To say that I embrace a group of thugs like that would be a lie.  

3 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

As the slogan often seen on T-shirts says, "Reality Sucks" :)... I can assure you that I live in reality, I just hope for far better things, and that's where Christ enters the picture. Reality is that your born and then die, I'm just not content with just that. The real question might be; Why are you satisfied with a finite reality?

I never claimed Christians are perfect, only that Christ himself was. That's the beauty of Christianity, despite that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, we are perfected in Christ. Our faith in him is what makes us right. I didn't mean to imply self-righteousness, because everyone I know is a screw-up to some degree.

I know that antifa stands for anti-fascists, but I oppose left-wing violent political activists, which is why Trump classified them as a terrorist group. You may not agree, but I've seen enough video footage of statues being torn down, people being beaten, and property destroyed, to denounce them. Actions speak louder than words. You can oppose fascism in a democracy without embracing the violent tactics of antifa. How can I admit I'm wrong when I absolutely abhor antifa? To say that I embrace a group of thugs like that would be a lie.  

It's time to be a big boy and grow up.  Hope is not relevant.  Being content is not relevant.  Being satisfied is not relevant.  Getting lost in fantasy, changes nothing.  Wanting and needing fantasy to be true, changes nothing.  In the end, what is -- is.  What is not -- is not.

You are choosing your facts and hoping that they are true.  I'm asking -- What are the facts?

Such is my understanding.  Of course, you will dismiss this out of hand as being uninformed, blind, unspiritual and lacking inspiration of Spirit.  The good news (no pun intended) is that while you have the Great Commission -- I truly don't give a crap what you believe.  I am dissatisfied with your arguments.  You don't have a clue of what constitutes evidence or truth.  Your inability to make distinctions or see nuance is annoying. 

This is pointless.  I'm going to stop now.

12 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's time to be a big boy and grow up.  Hope is not relevant.  Being content is not relevant.  Being satisfied is not relevant.  Getting lost in fantasy, changes nothing.  Wanting and needing fantasy to be true, changes nothing.  In the end, what is -- is.  What is not -- is not.

You are choosing your facts and hoping that they are true.  I'm asking -- What are the facts?

Such is my understanding.  Of course, you will dismiss this out of hand as being uninformed, blind, unspiritual and lacking inspiration of Spirit.  The good news (no pun intended) is that while you have the Great Commission -- I truly don't give a crap what you believe.  I am dissatisfied with your arguments.  You don't have a clue of what constitutes evidence or truth.  Your inability to make distinctions or see nuance is annoying. 

This is pointless.  I'm going to stop now.

That's cool, what works for me obviously is not part of your 'facts only' repertoire. When no definitive answers are available, what is -- is, but what's not -- is unknown. I'm not choosing facts, I've simply chose an answer that seems reasonable to me, albeit illogical and unacceptable to you.

Faith is not an argument, its a belief in something with no objective evidential proof. There's no 'nuance' between disbelief & belief, its a wide chasm.

Most people who have no hope and believe in nothing don't give a crap in what others believe, and that's understandable. Accepting an unknown isn't easy for anyone, it all comes down to who and what we think is true. I put my trust and confidence in the biblical God, yours is in your own limited cognitive reasoning, of which there is no pay-off. 

Think about expanding your horizons, and consider that something you can't explain may nonetheless be true.

The bible supports one belief and all must follow or be punished. The OT says you can put to death none believers among you even if it's your children. It also says you can take slaves. You can kill those who do not listen to priests. There is a strict code of conduct that has to be followed or you die.

It strikes me the reason that Dan has difficulty with Antifa is because the religious right wing and fascism have a lot in common.

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

That's cool, what works for me obviously is not part of your 'facts only' repertoire. When no definitive answers are available, what is -- is, but what's not -- is unknown. I'm not choosing facts, I've simply chose an answer that seems reasonable to me, albeit illogical and unacceptable to you.

Faith is not an argument, its a belief in something with no objective evidential proof. There's no 'nuance' between disbelief & belief, its a wide chasm.

Most people who have no hope and believe in nothing don't give a crap in what others believe, and that's understandable. Accepting an unknown isn't easy for anyone, it all comes down to who and what we think is true. I put my trust and confidence in the biblical God, yours is in your own limited cognitive reasoning, of which there is no pay-off. 

Think about expanding your horizons, and consider that something you can't explain may nonetheless be true.

:wall:

I can't do it any more.  I don't care enough.          :boredom:

Happy Thanksgiving.                                               :mellow:

Before I wander off and take a nap, I want to make one point.

President Donald Trump is not the problem.  He is only a symptom.  Trump is like the flies, buzzing about a trash can.  

First comes the rot, the decay and the bad smells.  Then come the flies.  No.  Trump is not the problem.  He never was.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The bible supports one belief and all must follow or be punished. The OT says you can put to death none believers among you even if it's your children. It also says you can take slaves. You can kill those who do not listen to priests. There is a strict code of conduct that has to be followed or you die.

It strikes me the reason that Dan has difficulty with Antifa is because the religious right wing and fascism have a lot in common.

Of course.  In the Bible, God is a fascist.  A true power crazed authoritarian.

:book:

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
5 hours ago, Pete said:

1 hour ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Of course.  In the Bible, God is a fascist.  A true power crazed authoritarian.

In that regard, I reckon God is a dictator.... Not crazing power though, He's already got that in the bag. :)

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

In that regard, I reckon God is a dictator.... Not crazing power though, He's already got that in the bag. :)

Telling people to kill others for no more than having a belief in this mixed up, cruel, and bitter world full of suffering is indeed crazy power in my book. Especially when your supposed to have the power to remove suffering and make everything much more clear

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Telling people to kill others for no more than having a belief in this mixed up, cruel, and bitter world full of suffering is indeed crazy power in my book. Especially when your supposed to have the power to remove suffering and make everything much more clear

Cruel people will believe in a cruel God.  If they are vicious, they will make excuses for their God's cruelty.  In the end, God is a projection.

:book:

6 hours ago, Pete said:

You must have missed the "Thou shalt not kill" commandment? All suffering will be removed and everything will be made as clear as day. The world is full of evil because of sin, remember who chose the knowledge of evil over life?