The Bible is a Parable in itself

mieshec

God has a vetting process....you live less than 100 years....is that worth throwing... an eternity in paradise .....away.??????...just for understanding....knowing.....believing....understanding why God does what God does....and all God asks for....FOR AN ETERNITY....of seeing the EARTH......not this Earth.....A new Heaven and a new Earth....Endless and Boundless....FOREVER....in its perfection untouched by MANKINDs SIN....You want to point a finger at God....but in reality.....its MAN.....that pulls the trigger....NOT GOD....I mentioned the world heading into insanity....ROME.....had all kinds of insanity.....from rich to poor.....from statesman to gladiator....Romes insanity was due to their cults.....their perversion....and pedophilia was common to roman citizens....their diseases....their insatiable lust for blood.....NO... its not God....but mankinds FREEWILL and CHOICE.....God asks mankind to live humble lives....helping your neighbor out.....doing good things for the good of mankind.....God asks mankind to nurture and take care of the Earth....harvesting its abundance and renewing what was taken.....God says .....ALL  of mankind are equal.....One man is not above the other....YET....its mankind that puts up fences.....puts a man on a platform....and worships him.....or her.....its mankind that kills another man.....for the color of his skin....Its mankind that commits over 100,000 young teenage boys and men to die for the revenge of Pearl Harbor.....Its mankind that firebombs Japan....KILLING over a 100,000 people.....and then if enough aint enough....they drop TWO nuclear bombs on the nation of Japan.....It was MAN....that watched a homeless German street brawler....take a NATION.....IN FULL VIEW....of the world....under the....Treaty of Versailles....not to allow Germany to rearm ....and by the time the first Olympic games were in full swing....the world watched Adolf Hitler....after writing Mein Kampf....they knew what Germany was doing.....and the world stood by....and watched Adolf.....plunge the world into death and destruction.....Its mankind that has SUCKED and OCEAN of oil from the Earth.....ALL across the GLOBE......I dont know about you....but the Earth is one great big giant magnetic furnace....DONT YOU THINK....a machine needs oil to work efficiently....and THAT....cannot be replaced....YOU SEE....thats what mankind wants....gas in your car....a drive to the filling station.....time after time....and man dosnt care where the gasoline comes from....as long as mankinds life continues to move forward...LIFE IS GOOD......THIS IS A GOOD ONE....It was called..."THE INDIAN PROBLEM"....They built a better Gun....and with a better Gun.....lets exterminate over 50 million Bison....to starve the Indians.....That wasnt God....that was mankinds stupidity.....You know....I can continue on Mankinds destructive nature.....But God is not the problem.....Its mankind.....just like salvation....Christian Religion wants to say to evryone....that you have to do something to achieve Salvation.....and thats a LIE.....God has one requirement.....and thats it....to leave mankinds sinful choices.....to leave the world that mankind destroyed....and God created......and God asks one thing for you to receive your Golden Ticket.....just believe....thats it....no fine print.....no car salesman tactics....no underhanded shenanigans or monkey business.....JUST BELIEVE....thats all that is required for an Eternity with God....and GOD will reveal to those that believe..... the answers....TO ALL THE QUESTION....of mankinds ignorance....it seems that 100 years of life.....is by far....no comparison to Gods Eternal Paradise....for just believing..

20 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

You have both (Dan and mieshec) found the perfect god for you. In my "book" there is no justification for infanticide. Especially not for a god that claims to be all knowing, all powerful and loving (sic!).

The context of Psalm 137:9 (killing infants) is calling for revenge against the Babylonians & Edomites, who enslaved the Jews and killed their babies in like manner. Simply a plea for God to intervene. Isaiah 13:16 was the prophecy, and the prediction was fulfilled by the Medes & Persians when God used King Cyrus to repay what Babylon had done, which freed the exiled Jews from Southern Iraq. 

That was how it was back then, an eye for an eye, punishment rendered was the same as the offense dished out. Just as with all the cities Joshua eliminated, the Canaanites sinned against God for 400 years, even sacrificing children to Baal. God gave them a choice, leave or die, they chose the latter.

Ok...this is one of those things...Old Testament Variables...ONE...you have NO idea what the people were like....they were different..WAY DIFFERENT...In the very beginning of human history....about 5000 years to the flood....and we see this...

Genesis 6....

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.....maybe 5000 years of humanity......and their numbers have increased...Ive heard the Earth could of been as full as .....like today????....they had evrything going for them....they were basically perfect humans....disease and decay was not really an issue...also...LOOK...The Nephilim....THE GIANTS...I believe this is the reason they took it out of the scripture...Angels had sex with the daughters of Earth and bore giants.....The Book Of Enoch...Chapter 7.............

9These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them. (6)

(6) The Aramaic texts preserve an earlier list of names of these Watchers: Semihazah; Artqoph; Ramtel; Kokabel; Ramel; Danieal; Zeqiel; Baraqel; Asael; Hermoni; Matarel; Ananel; Stawel; Samsiel; Sahriel; Tummiel; Turiel; Yomiel; Yhaddiel (Milik, p. 151).

10Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.

11And the women conceiving brought forth giants, (7)

(7) The Greek texts vary considerably from the Ethiopic text here. One Greek manuscript adds to this section, "And they [the women] bore to them [the Watchers] three races–first, the great giants. The giants brought forth [some say "slew"] the Naphelim, and the Naphelim brought forth [or "slew"] the Elioud. And they existed, increasing in power according to their greatness." See the account in the Book of Jubilees.

12Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;

13When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;

14And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, (8) and to drink their blood.

...And I believe this is why Enoch is not in the Bible....AND THIS is one of of those Old Testament Variables....which I will go in depth in my next post....THEN...the flood....BUT....it says all human life was extinguished in the flood....but thats not quite factual....the Nephilim were part human.....part angel...in scripture...its says man was wiped out in the flood....the Nephilim was still on the Earth....King David slew Goliath....He was Nephilim....so understand this....most Christian wont agree on this...but it sure make sense...If the Nephilim were on the earth at the building of Egypt....that would explain the pyramids....and Stonehenge...from the flood to Egypt in its glory...Archaeologist .....digging in Egypt....are saying after recent discoveries.....Egypt was MASSIVE...they say they have only discovered 10% of Egypt....and this happened in possibly 5000 years after the flood...I mean their was SOOooOoo much that we just dont know....or even understand what it was like....So we move to Egypt....Exodus Chapter 11.....

So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel. 8 All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go, you and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will leave.” Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh.

9 The Lord had said to Moses, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you—so that my wonders may be multiplied in Egypt.” 10 Moses and AaroSo here are the Variablesn performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.

So here are the Variables....Giants...Fallen Angels are present on the Earth....EGYPT is MASSIVE....We know very little about Pharaohs royal court....his Dynasty....his Clans his descendants....but it says God wanted to make a display...THRU Moses....to a wicked and Godless Egypt....and God decides...Hey Israelite nation...LOOK WHAT I CAN DO....and Im going to deliver you from your bondage...understand this....the Israelites....were not all slaves to Egypt.....some worked jobs for Egypt....and the common problem...underpaid and unappreciated....which kept them in bondage to pay for their lifestyle....OK...second Issue with Children...Matthew Chapter 2....

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. 17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:
18 “A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning ,Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.”

Notice that Christ is a child....and this...Another prophecy announcing the arrival of the Great King......Isaiah calls ...IMMANUEL....or..God is with us...but its a Roman Governor that does the killing this time

OH...BONUS....Numbers Chapter 13

31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” 32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. 33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

They must have been some BIG creatures

On 10/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, RevBogovac said:

You have both (Dan and mieshec) found the perfect god for you. In my "book" there is no justification for infanticide. Especially not for a god that claims to be all knowing, all powerful and loving (sic!).

On 10/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, Dan56 said:

The context of Psalm 137:9 (killing infants) is calling for revenge against the Babylonians & Edomites, who enslaved the Jews and killed their babies in like manner. Simply a plea for God to intervene. Isaiah 13:16 was the prophecy, and the prediction was fulfilled by the Medes & Persians when God used King Cyrus to repay what Babylon had done, which freed the exiled Jews from Southern Iraq. 

That was how it was back then, an eye for an eye, punishment rendered was the same as the offense dished out. Just as with all the cities Joshua eliminated, the Canaanites sinned against God for 400 years, even sacrificing children to Baal. God gave them a choice, leave or die, they chose the latter.

Thank you for proving my point Dan. Your all-knowing, all-powerful, loving god didn't have a better answer than "an eye for an eye"... justifying infanticide.

OK...Jesus was teaching the twelve...Jesus spoke on the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven...As Apostles...As a lesson from Jesus...it was insight on what he was about to experience...As Ive said about the Bible...The Gentiles....The NATIONS...the Common joe...this is not our fight.....Christ has already won a victory for my soul....his obedients upon the cross...paid the price for my sins...The Bible is a field guide....For living in the Valley of the Shadow of Death...If you dont believe and understand God...your spirit is dead.....and your spirit will die......in an eternal death...in the Lake of Fire.........Christ holds the Keys to Life and Death....for his Victory upon the cross....the passage below....is the ultimate sacrifice....for anyone that believes in God.....in Jesus Christ...we are not obligated by these lessons...we are just reminded as believers...the fight has already been won ....and I....YOU SEE THAT.....I...I will make that decision on how I accept people....I will make decisions on what I believe in....and because of this lessons....I will take its understanding...and I will use it ....as I see fit....The Bible says one thing ...and one thing only.....addressed to ALL The Gentiles....The NATIONS...the Common joe....and the Jew as well....if you believe in Jesus Christ....YOU ARE SAVED....and you dont have nothing do nothing for this.....accept believe...and thats it

Matthew 5

Divorce

31  “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32  But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths

33  “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34  But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35  or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36  And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37  All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Eye for Eye

38  “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39  But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40  And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41  If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42  Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43  “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44  But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45  that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46  If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47  And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48  Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, RevBogovac said:

Thank you for proving my point Dan. Your all-knowing, all-powerful, loving god didn't have a better answer than "an eye for an eye"... justifying infanticide.

When you think about it, you can't get anymore fairer than an eye for an eye or a life for a life...Justifiable karma, you get what you dish-out.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:39 AM, cuchulain said:

People will believe any nonsense because they want it to be true or they fear it is true.  The only counter to this principle is awareness that we are all susceptible to it and vigilance.

I personally don't believe something because I want it to be true, I simply judge it and and decide whether its true or false.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:33 AM, RevBogovac said:

And here we go with the death threats again... 

Death is certain for everything living, there's no threat to it.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, RevBogovac said:

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

When you think about it, you can't get anymore fairer than an eye for an eye or a life for a life...Justifiable karma, you get what you dish-out. [...]

Really Dan?!? So please explain to me what those (entire nation of) children did exactly to deserve a death penalty...

On 10/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, RevBogovac said:

A bit of consistency please, Dan... First you say that "believers" get eternal life, now you say "death is certain for everything living"...

Death is certain for every living thing on earth, simply because cells die sooner or later.  But beyond our physical existence is our spiritual existence, and its that part of us that never perishes. But since Atheist don't believe in an eternal spirit, how could the Lake of Fire be construed as any kind of threat? That was my point, i.e; I'm not afraid of a boogeyman because I don't believe in him. Believers don't fear hell because we'll never end up there, and nonbelievers don't fear hell because they don't think it exist.

4 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Death is certain for every living thing on earth, simply because cells die sooner or later.  But beyond our physical existence is our spiritual existence, and its that part of us that never perishes. But since Atheist don't believe in an eternal spirit, how could the Lake of Fire be construed as any kind of threat? That was my point, i.e; I'm not afraid of a boogeyman because I don't believe in him. Believers don't fear hell because we'll never end up there, and nonbelievers don't fear hell because they don't think it exist.

Interpretation isn't the point. A threat remains a threat by it's intention

12 hours ago, Dan56 said:

your starting to sound more like a buddhist.but then again,we have no lake of fire,hell,or eternal damnnation.

13 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

You haven't answered this one though, Dan... 

If your referring to the Canaanites, there were only ten nations specifically marked for destruction (Deuteronomy 7:1), and they were killed for their sin.. Unfortunately, children are often victims of their parents poor choices. God told them to leave or they'd all die, and they chose the latter. So who was responsible for their deaths? Plus the children were predisposed to generational sin, and odds are that they'd continue in the evil ways of their parents. God only knows the specific reason, but I suspect it was similar to Noah's proclamation, a "Get on the boat or die" scenario? 

12 hours ago, Dan56 said:

If your referring to the Canaanites, there were only ten nations specifically marked for destruction (Deuteronomy 7:1), and they were killed for their sin.. Unfortunately, children are often victims of their parents poor choices. God told them to leave or they'd all die, and they chose the latter. So who was responsible for their deaths? Plus the children were predisposed to generational sin, and odds are that they'd continue in the evil ways of their parents. God only knows the specific reason, but I suspect it was similar to Noah's proclamation, a "Get on the boat or die" scenario? 

Well. Dan, this answer only demonstrates that God intervenes regardless of so called free will. "Odds are", also means chance to do opposite. Children were then needlessly slaughtered. Also, would you listen to someone on the street that you think may be a crackpot, or the unquestionable voice of God? That may have been the difference with Noah. Thus, it also seems likely that the Canaanites heard the message the same way, by men, not God.

17 hours ago, Key said:

Well. Dan, this answer only demonstrates that God intervenes regardless of so called free will. "Odds are", also means chance to do opposite. Children were then needlessly slaughtered. Also, would you listen to someone on the street that you think may be a crackpot, or the unquestionable voice of God? That may have been the difference with Noah. Thus, it also seems likely that the Canaanites heard the message the same way, by men, not God.

There comes a time of judgement for everyone.. For 400 years the Canaanite nations (tribes) grieved God, including sacrificing their own children to Baal. Generations of killing their own kids had to come to a conclusion.

"God knows the future. God knew what the results would be if Israel did not completely eradicate the Amalekites. If Israel did not carry out God’s orders, the Amalekites would come back to trouble the Israelites in the future. Saul claimed to have killed everyone but the Amalekite king Agag (1 Samuel 15:20). Obviously, Saul was lying—just a couple of decades later, there were enough Amalekites to take David and his men’s families captive (1 Samuel 30:1-2). After David and his men attacked the Amalekites and rescued their families, 400 Amalekites escaped. If Saul had fulfilled what God had commanded him, this never would have occurred. Several hundred years later, a descendant of Agag, Haman, tried to have the entire Jewish people exterminated (see the book of Esther). So, Saul’s incomplete obedience almost resulted in Israel’s destruction. God knew this would occur, so He ordered the extermination of the Amalekites ahead of time.

In regard to the Canaanites, God commanded, “In the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them — the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites — as the LORD your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God” (Deuteronomy 20:16-18). The Israelites failed in this mission as well, and exactly what God said would happen occurred (Judges 2:1-3; 1 Kings 11:5; 14:24; 2 Kings 16:3-4). God did not order the extermination of these people to be cruel, but to prevent even greater evil from occurring in the future.

Probably the most difficult part of these commands from God is that God ordered the death of children and infants as well. Why would God order the death of innocent children? (1) Children are not innocent (Psalm 51:5; 58:3). (2) These children would have likely grown up as adherents to the evil religions and practices of their parents. (3) These children would naturally have grown up resentful of the Israelites and later sought to avenge the “unjust” treatment of their parents." 

On 10/29/2020 at 11:22 PM, Dan56 said:

[...] God told them to leave or they'd all die, and they chose the latter. So who was responsible for their deaths? [...]

You god is. It is the "old" hostage taker dilemma... but even more discerning; if you god was really omnipotent, all-knowing and loving as you say then he simply should have found a solution which doesn't include the killing of en entire nation of innocent kids. 

• Like 1