Changing Demographics

15 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

I've seen my fair share of collateral damage in Yugoslavia from it... that (collateral damage) is the more worrying part.

Your point is valid.  Time will tell.  I think it depends largely on how future Muslims understand their religion.  It also depends on how the rest of the world treats them. 

It also depends on the secular world.  A world with a secular majority, is going to be a different world, than a Christian -- Islamic binary.  

5 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Your point is valid.  Time will tell.  I think it depends largely on how future Muslims understand their religion.  It also depends on how the rest of the world treats them. 

It also depends on the secular world.  A world with a secular majority, is going to be a different world, than a Christian -- Islamic binary.  

(It's) definitely (going to be a different world than that binary one)!

And, please don't get me wrong (y'all); I'm not blaming the Islamic religion here as the culprit. It (religion) is only the vessel that is being used by some power hungry elites for their own powerplay... That "play" seems prone to "collateral damage". And yes, Christian religion (and their elite) will be part of that "play" too.  

As long as we keep talking to one another, there's hope. But if I look at the "leadership" currently being "chosen" by the evangelists... I am not so certain if "they" are willing to talk...

3 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

(It's) definitely (going to be a different world than that binary one)!

And, please don't get me wrong (y'all); I'm not blaming the Islamic religion here as the culprit. It (religion) is only the vessel that is being used by some power hungry elites for their own powerplay... That "play" seems prone to "collateral damage". And yes, Christian religion (and their elite) will be part of that "play" too.  

As long as we keep talking to one another, there's hope. But if I look at the "leadership" currently being "chosen" by the evangelists... I am not so certain if "they" are willing to talk...

If all religion were to vanish from the world; the world would still be a mess.  That is because Humanity would still be a mess.  Then again, faith based, supernatural religion, tends to make things worse.

When supernatural, faith based religion, is behind Holy War; it's difficult to stop.  The Godly don't want to negotiate with the Devil.  When the cycles of revenge take on a life of their own, it keeps getting worse.

The Crusades come to mind.  India and Pakistan.  Pakistan and Bangladesh.  Ireland.  Israel.  Burma.  Sunni Saudi Arabia vs. Shia Iran -- with all their proxy wars.  Yes, Yugoslavia.