Bible Verses on Seeking God

God also seeks.  Enjoy.

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

:mellow:
29 minutes ago, Coolhand said:

You say that like its a bad thing.....lol

No.  I was participating in the conversation.  I thought these passages were relevant.     :coffee:

In any case, Scripture is what it is.  Not what I want it to be.     :mellow:

It's easy enough to find material that is offensive.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
8 minutes ago, Coolhand said:

Yeah, totally agree.....there is a lot in there.

And......as it turns out......there are "2 sides every coin.

To continue the conversation......

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+26&version=MSG

Just so.  I used to have a circle of Hasidic friends.  They would tell me that God is not a Liberal.  They would also tell me that the "covenant" was a contract -- with penalties for noncompliance.

:sigh2:

1 minute ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Just so.  I used to have a circle of Hasidic friends.  They would tell me that God is not a Liberal.  They would also tell me that the "covenant" was a contract -- with penalties for noncompliance.

:sigh2:

I would argue are that it is not a contract, but rather it is a suzrain covenant.

A contract is between equals, there is no way to read the Bible and come away with the idea that God thinks we are equals......lol......

1 minute ago, Coolhand said:

I would argue are that it is not a contract, but rather it is a suzrain covenant.

A contract is between equals, there is no way to read the Bible and come away with the idea that God thinks we are equals......lol......

I will not quibble.  Next time, God can make his covenant with someone else.

If it needs repeating, I come from a secular Jewish tradition.  "There is no God and we are his people."

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Coolhand said:

What does that mean?

Jewish humor.  It's about learning to live with contradiction.

There is related Buddhist sentiment.  "The gods are illusory, but if we call upon them for assistance, they will help us anyway."

There is also the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is -- 42.

:coffee: