How Pentecostals Responded to the 1918 “Spanish Influenza” Pandemic

The concluding paragraph:

"I don’t know how long churches will be closed or people will suffer during the coronavirus pandemic. However, I know that people of faith have endured in the past and made it through. Our communities may experience tragic losses, but we may also hear dramatic testimonies of healing. We need to pray for one another. We need to encourage one another. We need to care for one another, especially the most vulnerable. But most of all, our churches need to follow the example of those who went before us to keep safe personally and obey the guidelines that keep others safe. If we can do this, we will make it through."

2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Why is this encouragement to pray?  When one of the best places to catch a virus is in a church?  

:mellow:

The next to the last paragraph:

" Yet, early Pentecostals followed the guidelines of the city or health department and closed their churches and missions when instructed to. They were not careless with the lives of people during the pandemic. They were willing to stay home and pray, knowing that that was just as valuable in the crisis."

2 hours ago, Coolhand said:

The next to the last paragraph:

" Yet, early Pentecostals followed the guidelines of the city or health department and closed their churches and missions when instructed to. They were not careless with the lives of people during the pandemic. They were willing to stay home and pray, knowing that that was just as valuable in the crisis."

Prayer at home is equally useful in dealing with a virus?  Yes.  I suppose it is.     

:coffee: