Recommended Posts

This blogger sees a growing divide between Witches and Pagans.

 

I'm not taking sides.  I thought it was an interesting blog.

 

 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/modernwitch/2020/03/is-witchcraft-outgrowing-paganism/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Pagan+News+and+Views&utm_content=37

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

[...] I thought it was an interesting blog. [...]

 

Yes, it was (interesting). Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

 

Yes, it was (interesting). Thank you!

 

 

 

It seems a symptom of our time.  In general, large groups are breaking down into smaller groups.  Both political and religious.  I think it helps explain part of what is happening to the ULC.

 

:mellow:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It seems a symptom of our time.  In general, large groups are breaking down into smaller groups.  Both political and religious.  I think it helps explain part of what is happening to the ULC.

 

:mellow:

 

Yes, it seems so... even groups are becoming more individualistic... :secret:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RevBogovac said:

 

Yes, it seems so... even groups are becoming more individualistic... :secret:

 

The way things are going, I expect the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster; will schism into factions for Gluten Free; Whole Grain; White Flour; Anti Tomato Sauce; Vegetarian (no meat); Vegan (no meat or cheese) -- and Lo Mein.

 

:sigh2:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

to my observation i find that witches and pagans are two different groups of people.most witches are atheists,as most pagans are not.

 

i have no problems with how they identify,or practice.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mark 45 said:

to my observation i find that witches and pagans are two different groups of people.most witches are atheists,as most pagans are not.

 

i have no problems with how they identify,or practice.

 

 

 

I was under the impression that Witches are Pagans.  It's not a big deal.  I'm frequently mistaken.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I was under the impression that Witches are Pagans.  It's not a big deal.  I'm frequently mistaken.

 

That was a nice learning moment for me too... some witches may be pagans, but not all pagans are witches... They did get conflated a lot in the past. This cleared things up a bit for me... especially the "religious" distinction.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.