4 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

Yes, it was (interesting). Thank you!

It seems a symptom of our time.  In general, large groups are breaking down into smaller groups.  Both political and religious.  I think it helps explain part of what is happening to the ULC.

:mellow:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It seems a symptom of our time.  In general, large groups are breaking down into smaller groups.  Both political and religious.  I think it helps explain part of what is happening to the ULC.

:mellow:

Yes, it seems so... even groups are becoming more individualistic... :secret:

1 hour ago, RevBogovac said:

Yes, it seems so... even groups are becoming more individualistic... :secret:

The way things are going, I expect the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster; will schism into factions for Gluten Free; Whole Grain; White Flour; Anti Tomato Sauce; Vegetarian (no meat); Vegan (no meat or cheese) -- and Lo Mein.

:sigh2:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mark 45 said:

to my observation i find that witches and pagans are two different groups of people.most witches are atheists,as most pagans are not.

i have no problems with how they identify,or practice.

I was under the impression that Witches are Pagans.  It's not a big deal.  I'm frequently mistaken.

15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I was under the impression that Witches are Pagans.  It's not a big deal.  I'm frequently mistaken.

That was a nice learning moment for me too... some witches may be pagans, but not all pagans are witches... They did get conflated a lot in the past. This cleared things up a bit for me... especially the "religious" distinction.

• 11 months later...
On 4/1/2020 at 6:26 AM, RevBogovac said:

That was a nice learning moment for me too... some witches may be pagans, but not all pagans are witches... They did get conflated a lot in the past. This cleared things up a bit for me... especially the "religious" distinction.

On the most basic level, this is what comes of having outside people define a group.

It would help if our Witch members or Pagan members would speak up.  Groups should define themselves.

Even now, Communism is conflated with Atheism.  This much I understand.  Minority groups get tired of arguing.  The more so, when dealing with willful and obstinate ignorance.

:bye:

;) 

• 5 weeks later...

I am  happy to jump in, though I am not certain how active the thread is. I am an Eclectic Pagan, and will proudly call myself a witch. I've said before I can't call myself a wizard, because I can't grow a beard worth a damn, and as to the other term that some use for a male practitioner, I won't use it because of the words definition. Warlock, just to throw it out there, means oath breaker. Yes, there are many branches within Paganism, Asatru, Norse, Egyptian, Hellenic (Greek), Hinduism being polytheistic can sometimes be considered pagan, and so on. Not all will refer to themselves as a witch, many will not, I see it more as an individual choice, really. My connections with Deity are, well, varied, as I am not one who focuses exclusively on a single pantheon as some do. My simple rule is this, if a deity wishes to give me a nudge or a heads up, then my ear, my heart, my door, it is always open. If I need a heads up, bring it, because my job, before any other, is to shut up, listen, and learn. SOrry to ramble, but wanted to just jump in with a thought, even if it's late to the party.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, StuartJackson said:

I am  happy to jump in, though I am not certain how active the thread is. I am an Eclectic Pagan, and will proudly call myself a witch. I've said before I can't call myself a wizard, because I can't grow a beard worth a damn, and as to the other term that some use for a male practitioner, I won't use it because of the words definition. Warlock, just to throw it out there, means oath breaker. Yes, there are many branches within Paganism, Asatru, Norse, Egyptian, Hellenic (Greek), Hinduism being polytheistic can sometimes be considered pagan, and so on. Not all will refer to themselves as a witch, many will not, I see it more as an individual choice, really. My connections with Deity are, well, varied, as I am not one who focuses exclusively on a single pantheon as some do. My simple rule is this, if a deity wishes to give me a nudge or a heads up, then my ear, my heart, my door, it is always open. If I need a heads up, bring it, because my job, before any other, is to shut up, listen, and learn. SOrry to ramble, but wanted to just jump in with a thought, even if it's late to the party.

Well, you're different.  This is the church for you.  I think you'll fit right in.  Enjoy.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

My understanding is as follows. All Wiccan are witches, but not all witches are Wiccan, in the same way that all witches are Pagans, but not all Pagans are witches. Again, a bit of a mind bender, perhaps, but it's my view.

15 minutes ago, StuartJackson said:

My understanding is as follows. All Wiccan are witches, but not all witches are Wiccan, in the same way that all witches are Pagans, but not all Pagans are witches. Again, a bit of a mind bender, perhaps, but it's my view.

It's not such a mind bender.  All crows are birds.  Not all birds are crows.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2021 at 4:47 AM, StuartJackson said:

On 4/4/2021 at 5:17 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Well, you're different.  This is the church for you.  I think you'll fit right in.  Enjoy.

Yes. I'll "second" that; welcome and enjoy!

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, StuartJackson said:

Not all wizards wear beards. Check out Harry Potter. 😉

I liked your contribution to the thread, however. Welcome, and please continue to ramble when feel the need to share something we need to learn, or you feel strongly about.

2 hours ago, Key said:

Not all wizards wear beards. Check out Harry Potter. 😉

I liked your contribution to the thread, however. Welcome, and please continue to ramble when feel the need to share something we need to learn, or you feel strongly about.

Words often explain themselves.  A wizard is someone who is wise.  A dullard is someone who is dull of wit.  Not sharp.  A drunkard is someone who is often drunk.  Another example would be retard.  A mean spirited word that continues in use.

:umbrella: