Do They Really Believe That?

5 hours ago, cuchulain said:

Hey Dan.  I found these magic silver tablets in the woods the other day and they said that Christianity is full of it.  They explained exactly how your wrong and I am right.  They prove it.  

They also said that I can't show anyone because you have to take it on faith, but they exist.  Trust me.  

Now, since you can't disprove it, I demand you believe.

See how stupid that sounds?

The difference is that your silver tablets are not visible and thereby unknown ( I can't show anyone).. If you had found a bible in the woods, you could show everyone (the Gospel must be published among all nations) :)

See how smart that sounds?

4 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's just Dan, pushing our buttons, looking for an argument.

You don't have an argument...  Remember, you believe nothing and don't care.

6 hours ago, cuchulain said:

Hey Dan.  I found these magic silver tablets in the woods the other day and they said that Christianity is full of it.  They explained exactly how your wrong and I am right.  They prove it.  

They also said that I can't show anyone because you have to take it on faith, but they exist.  Trust me.  

Now, since you can't disprove it, I demand you believe.

See how stupid that sounds?

Dan is not engaging like a human being.  He is an automatic dogma machine. Thought is not being engaged. He still has not got the message that this is a no religion section of the forum.  He will justify anything including murder if his book told him too. I compare it with Chairman Mao's little red book. Believe this book or you believe in nothing  he can respect attitude. Pointless. 

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

The difference is that your silver tablets are not visible and thereby unknown ( I can't show anyone).. If you had found a bible in the woods, you could show everyone (the Gospel must be published among all nations) :)

I will not be provoked.     :boredom:

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Dan is not engaging like a human being.  He is an automatic dogma machine. Thought is not being engaged. He still has not got the message that this is a no religion section of the forum.  He will justify anything including murder if his book told him too. I compare it with Chairman Mao's little red book. Believe this book or you believe in nothing  he can respect attitude. Pointless. 

Dan wants to argue.  If we respond, it only feeds the beast.  It's time to disengage.      :sigh2:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
6 hours ago, Pete said:

Pete is not engaging like a human being. He is an automatic atheist machine. Thought is not being engaged.. blah blah 

Not everyone is going to share your opinion, sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I just want to come on the forum and not talk to him about his dogma of which I am not interested. 

Then don't.... No one is twisting your arm. Just skip over my post.

5 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's a weakness of Interfaith.  We must tolerate the intolerant; and respect the disrespectful.   

I have tried the ignore button.  It doesn't work.

Just ignore my post if they bother you, you don't need a button to do that.. No reason to cry like babies about it.

9 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

Pete is not engaging like a human being. He is an automatic atheist machine. Thought is not being engaged.. blah blah 

Not everyone is going to share your opinion, sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Then don't.... No one is twisting your arm. Just skip over my post.

Just ignore my post if they bother you, you don't need a button to do that.. No reason to cry like babies about it.

:mellow:

20 hours ago, Dan56 said:

You cant produce the originals, either.  Yep, seems very stupid to trust someone elses interpretation of original documents that cant be seen...or cant even verify who wrote it, except to take their word for it...exactly what you do with the bible dan.

4 hours ago, cuchulain said:

You cant produce the originals, either.  Yep, seems very stupid to trust someone elses interpretation of original documents that cant be seen...or cant even verify who wrote it, except to take their word for it...exactly what you do with the bible dan.

That's true, I do accept by faith and with some decent documentation that the bible does consist of accurate copies of the original manuscripts. I don't believe they are someone else's interpretation though. The real proof to me is in the pudding, what's written makes sense and relay's the authentic truth.. I'm fully cognizant that you don't share that view, and wouldn't believe it even if the original manuscripts existed.  Call me gullible, but I do accept the authorship and take their word for it.. Just as I'm stupid enough to believe that you wrote the comment above, and even trust that its not someone else's interpretation of what you wrote. 

6 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Why we believe.

It's a case that creationists see what they want to see and disregard the rest. Dawkins not only said we are made of similar DNA strands but some Gene's are there from earlier developments like insects which have now been switched off. Why would those Gene's even be there if a creator just made mankind separately.  Yet, that was totally dismissed. It's just a motivation to justify a belief instead an honest look at the science.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

It's a case that creationists see what they want to see and disregard the rest. Dawkins not only said we are made of similar DNA strands but some Gene's are there from earlier developments like insects which have now been switched off. Why would those Gene's even be there if a creator just made mankind separately.  Yet, that was totally dismissed. It's just a motivation to justify a belief instead an honest look at the science.

Yes.  Of course, there is always a third option.  I speak of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Remember, he boiled for our sins.

:D   

Children have "transient objects" like teddies and dolls. It helps them cope with the seperation from their parent figures when learning to sleep alone. 

Adults have " mental defence mechanisms " that help them cope with threats to their own ego. 

I have often wondered if these two psychological activities come together in religion when faced with a vaste unfathomable universe and the temporary existence of ourselves and family and friends.  Religion brings forward a means of alleviating fears by employing a God to help make sense of that experience and existence. 

Well that was a view I came to whilst studying psychology for my counselling diploma.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Children have "transient objects" like teddies and dolls. It helps them cope with the seperation from their parent figures when learning to sleep alone. 

Adults have " mental defence mechanisms " that help them cope with threats to their own ego. 

I have often wondered if these two psychological activities come together in religion when faced with a vaste unfathomable universe and the temporary existence of ourselves and family and friends.  Religion brings forward a means of alleviating fears by employing a God to help make sense of that experience and existence. 

Well that was a view I came to whilst studying psychology for my counselling diploma.

"Our Father who art in Heaven....."