Humanism and Atheism/Agnosticism.

For me I cannot say there is no god, just that the gods of each religion and denominations I have studied failed to convince me they exist. I cannot say there is no god because I don't claim to know all, so I cannot be an atheist, but equally I cannot see any evidence for a god so I cannot be a theist. I feel irritated when some try to convince me with their religious books which equally make no sense and are not evidence that a god exists. So I stand on the middle ground believing that no evidence for a god can be found or that it is impossible to relate to a god of which there is no evidence or that in dialogue with the god there is no tangible response.

Humanism sounds good to me because it suspends any mention of a god of which their is no proof and concentrates on what we can relate too and that is our life experience now. 

In the end until evidence for a god exists and there is some tangible response or dynamic with the world I live then I am past caring and turn off listening some believer's dogma. There are more important things in life.

Edited by Pete
4 hours ago, Pete said:

For me I cannot say there is no god, just that the gods of each religion and denominations I have studied failed to convince me they exist. I cannot say there is no god because I don't claim to know all, so I cannot be an atheist, but equally I cannot see any evidence for a god so I cannot be a theist. I feel irritated when some try to convince me with their religious books which equally make no sense and are not evidence that a god exists. So I stand on the middle ground believing that no evidence for a god can be found or that it is impossible to relate to a god of which there is no evidence or that in dialogue with the god there is no tangible response.

Humanism sounds good to me because it suspends any mention of a god of which their is no proof and concentrates on what we can relate too and that is our life experience now. 

In the end until evidence for a god exists and there is some tangible response or dynamic with the world I live then I am past caring and turn off listening some believer's dogma. There are more important things in life.

Indeed, there are more important things.  That is why I have embraced Apatheism.  Because it doesn't matter, whether or not God exists.  Neither is it worth arguing about.  An undetectable god simply doesn't matter.

:mellow: