9 hours ago, Pete said:

No I assert that your peddling religion in a no religion section. Can you talk about something that is not your view of your religion and your faith .

Fulfilled nothing. The story of Jesus is choriographed to fit the verses. Verses whose original meaning had nothing to do with Jesus. Yet, I know you believe this stuff but your still talking religion in a no religion section.

It is an "evidence" thread, which has strayed into the religious category, but I will exit the thread none-the-less.. Just a notation though, you write things as a point of fact such as, "Jesus is choreographed to fit the verses. Verses whose original meaning had nothing to do with Jesus". You can't possibly know that? Its funny how your evidence is absolute. The gospel according to Pete is no more reliable than the ones you claim are mythological.. jmo

7 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Allow me to clarify.  It is not the Bible verses that Pete is sick and tired of.  It is you -- quoting the Bible -- at him -- that Pete is sick and tired of.

I quote verses to substantiate what & why I believe as I do, fully recognizing that others reject the bible. So its not directed at any one specific person per se, but just an explanation of what I believe.. Its difficult to reveal biblical evidence without quoting it, so I include passages that qualify what my position is on a topic.. But yes, its logical that a nonbeliever would dismiss biblical quotes as garbage. What's interesting to me is that seldom can anyone raise a legitimate argument,  so they inevitably fall back on "its not true"..

Sometimes, what can't be proven false can lend credibility to it being true, especially when there's subjective historical, archeological, and prophetic evidence to support it. If something is true, it can't be proven false. Jesus was the Truth, if you can't name anything he said or did that was false, then perhaps you can better understand why people believe in him... Happy 2020

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

It is an "evidence" thread, which has strayed into the religious category, but I will exit the thread none-the-less.. Just a notation though, you write things as a point of fact such as, "Jesus is choreographed to fit the verses. Verses whose original meaning had nothing to do with Jesus". You can't possibly know that? Its funny how your evidence is absolute. The gospel according to Pete is no more reliable than the ones you claim are mythological.. jmo

I quote verses to substantiate what & why I believe as I do, fully recognizing that others reject the bible. So its not directed at any one specific person per se, but just an explanation of what I believe.. Its difficult to reveal biblical evidence without quoting it, so I include passages that qualify what my position is on a topic.. But yes, its logical that a nonbeliever would dismiss biblical quotes as garbage. What's interesting to me is that seldom can anyone raise a legitimate argument,  so they inevitably fall back on "its not true"..

Sometimes, what can't be proven false can lend credibility to it being true, especially when there's subjective historical, archeological, and prophetic evidence to support it. If something is true, it can't be proven false. Jesus was the Truth, if you can't name anything he said or did that was false, then perhaps you can better understand why people believe in him... Happy 2020

:boredom:

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I could answer the Jews who wrote the OT know the real meaning and it was not to forecast Jesus over 800 years later.  Still if I do Dan will be back preaching again. Oh! Well I let it ride.

You're right of course.  On both counts.  I don't want to argue over obvious reality, with Dan.  Life is too short.  I'm too bored.     :clap:

Happy New Year.     :drinks:

3 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

You're right of course.  On both counts.  I don't want to argue over obvious reality, with Dan.  Life is too short.  I'm too bored.     :clap:

Happy New Year.     :drinks:

Happy new year to you too. 😀

On re-reading one of my favourite "classics" (Innumeracy by John Allen Paulos) I came across an "golden oldie" (for everyone who take the bible literal):

The book of Genesis says of the Flood that '... all the high hills that were under the whole heaven were covered ...' Taken literally, this seems to indicate that there were 10,000 to 20,000 feet of water on the surface of the earth, equivalent to more than half a billion cubic miles of liquid! Since, according to biblical accounts, it rained for forty days and forty nights, or for only 960 hours, the rain must have fallen at a rate of at least fifteen feet per hour, certainly enough to sink any aircraft carrier, much less an ark with thousands of animals on board. [...] Determining internal inconsistencies such as these is one of the minor pleasures of numeracy.

27 minutes ago, RevBogovac said:

On re-reading one of my favourite "classics" (Innumeracy by John Allen Paulos) I came across an "golden oldie" (for everyone who take the bible literal):

Yes.  Of course.  The numbers are impossible.  All of those animals.  Pooping and peeing every hour of every day.  In enclosed space.  Think of the fumes.

Think of the food storage needs of one elephant.  Or one lion.  They all need water.

People want to believe.     :D