On 11/24/2019 at 8:56 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I don't want to argue about having no belief in God.  (Atheism)

I don't want to argue about having no knowledge of God.  (Agnosticism)

Introducing, not caring about God.  (Apatheism)

If I had no belief in God, if I had no knowledge of God, I wouldn't care about God myself... But fortunately, I wasn't content to remain ignorant, so I sought knowledge of God,  then I came to believe in God, and now God cares about me.

5 hours ago, Dan56 said:

If I had no belief in God, if I had no knowledge of God, I wouldn't care about God myself... But fortunately, I wasn't content to remain ignorant, so I sought knowledge of God,  then I came to believe in God, and now God cares about me.

Your belief is not knowledge.  Your empty assertions are not facts.

You have no objective, verifiable facts about God.  You can demonstrate nothing.

Without facts, there is no knowledge.  Without facts, belief is meaningless.  Without facts -- you are just as ignorant of God as I am.  If you can't show it -- you don't know it.  :birgits_giggle:

I have long since given up, on trying to explain Atheism to you.  I have long since given up, on trying to explain Agnosticism to you.  I was certain, that Apatheism would be within your grasp.  Clearly, I was mistaken about your capacity to understand, yet again.

A god which is not detectable, might well exist.  It is, however, irrelevant.  A god which does not intervene is also irrelevant.  Your empty assertions about God -- your god -- are meaningless.  You have nothing to back them up.  Only more assertions.  Clearly, you have no concept of what constitutes evidence.  Assertions made without evidence, can be dismissed, without evidence.  On this basis, I don't care about your god's alleged existence.

Have a blessed day.

:bye:

:coffee:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
20 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Your belief is not knowledge.  Your empty assertions are not facts.

You have no objective, verifiable facts about God.  You can demonstrate nothing.

Without facts, there is no knowledge.  Without facts, belief is meaningless.  Without facts -- you are just as ignorant of God as I am.  If you can't show it -- you don't know it. 

A god which is not detectable, might well exist.  It is, however, irrelevant.  A god which does not intervene is also irrelevant.  Your empty assertions about God -- your god -- are meaningless.  You have nothing to back them up.  Only more assertions.  Clearly, you have no concept of what constitutes evidence.  Assertions made without evidence, can be dismissed, without evidence.  On this basis, I don't care about your god's alleged existence.

Belief is knowledge, it answers a lot of questions that you can't. What facts do you have about where you came from, or for that matter where anything came from? You have nothing but vague speculative theories. Jesus said the Temple would be destroyed, it was. Jesus said he would rise from the grave, he did. Your claims that the temple is still there and Christ is still in his tomb are assertions made without evidence, so they can be dismissed without evidence. 

The 'evidence' that you require to substantiate facts were already demonstrated, you just weren't there to see it. God has intervened, you just weren't there to observe it. Because you have no verifiable evidence that proves any of it is false, your conclusions are as meaningless and irrelevant as those who believe its all true. You can dismiss the written record (bible), but that's no different than rejecting an affidavit that a witness provides for a court. The truth was shown, the truth was known, and the truth is believed. The existence of God is not irrelevant, there's nothing more important.

Edited by Dan56
4 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Belief is knowledge, it answers a lot of questions that you can't. What facts do you have about where you came from, or for that matter where anything came from? You have nothing but vague speculative theories. Jesus said the Temple would be destroyed, it was. Jesus said he would rise from the grave, he did. Your claims that the temple is still there and Christ is still in his tomb are assertions made without evidence, so they can be dismissed without evidence. 

The 'evidence' that you require to substantiate facts were already demonstrated, you just weren't there to see it. God has intervened, you just weren't there to observe it. Because you have no verifiable evidence that proves any of it is false, your conclusions are as meaningless and irrelevant as those who believe its all true. You can dismiss the written record (bible), but that's no different than rejecting an affidavit that a witness provides for a court. The truth was shown, the truth was known, and the truth is believed. The existence of God is not irrelevant, there's nothing more important.

That's a lot to unpack.  As you wish.

Belief is knowledge

No.  It isn't.  Do I have to argue about unicorns or alien abductions?

, it answers a lot of questions that you can't

I want true answers.  I don't want silly answers.

. What facts do you have about where you came from, or for that matter where anything came from? You have nothing but vague speculative theories.

I'm not interested in arguing about Cosmology.  You wish to assert that a god created the Universe?  Fine.  That gives us Deism.  Or Pantheism.  Where is the evidence that it was your God? 

No.  Genesis is not evidence.

Jesus said the Temple would be destroyed, it was. Jesus said he would rise from the grave, he did. Your claims that the temple is still there and Christ is still in his tomb are assertions made without evidence, so they can be dismissed without evidence. 

The Roman military destroyed the Temple.  I have no good reason to believe that Jesus was real.

The 'evidence' that you require to substantiate facts were already demonstrated, you just weren't there to see it.

The Bible is full of fiction.

God has intervened, you just weren't there to observe it.

The Bible is full of fiction. .

Because you have no verifiable evidence that proves any of it is false, your conclusions are as meaningless and irrelevant as those who believe its all true.

I don't have to prove it false.  Someone has to prove it true.  All of it.

Are you telling me that it's not all true?

You can dismiss the written record (bible), but that's no different than rejecting an affidavit that a witness provides for a court. The truth was shown, the truth was known, and the truth is believed.

I have also dismissed the Koran -- and various other sacred books.  Do you want to argue about those decisions?  

The existence of God is not irrelevant, there's nothing more important.

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Seriously?

:coffee:

Belief is not knowledge. It maybe knowledge about a belief but it's nothing more. Its empty unproven nonsense.  Its matters little how much knowledge you have Dan about nothing  , it is still nothing without proof. A million times nothing is still nothing. You have no proof and until you do I can understand people not wanting to talk to you about it.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Belief is not knowledge. It maybe knowledge about a belief but it's nothing more. Its empty unproven nonsense.  Its matters little how much knowledge you have Dan about nothing  , it is still nothing without proof. A million times nothing is still nothing. You have no proof and until you do I can understand people not wanting to talk to you about it.

:clap:

This thread has leaked into the Peaceful Methods thread.  There is more there.

:coffee::bye: