Paganism -- Making People Better People

Does Paganism make people into better People?  This blogger says a strong yes.

Christians often claim that Christianity makes people better.

Fair's fair.  I think that Pagans should be allowed to make the same claim, for Paganism.

:coffee:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/2019/08/of-course-paganism-makes-me-a-better-person/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Pagan+News+and+Views&utm_content=37

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

That depends on the belief.

If someone were to believe that the only good was fighting strength and exploitation of the weak, I would not think that being true to that belief made them a better person. (They, of course would say the same of my obvious weakness).

That seems on odd supposition.

:mellow:

It is. But I was making the point that not all beliefs are intrinsically good, or make the believers better people..

Had I chosen a less blatant option we might have been sidetracked into debating how bad it was. I think we can agree on this one.

Edited by Seeker
Expand on a point.
56 minutes ago, Seeker said:

It is. But I was making the point that not all beliefs are intrinsically good, or make the believers better people..

Had I chosen a less blatant option we might have been sidetracked into debating how bad it was. I think we can agree on this one.

Yes.  I do agree.  You have made your point.

:mellow: