Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan H. B. Lobl

If Christianity were proven true

Recommended Posts

On 10/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Is God -- as portrayed in the Bible -- evil?

 

No, evil is the result of sin.. God is good and what He created was good.. But that all changed after the Garden of Eden, paradise was closed for business when sin introduced evil into a world that fell and was separated from good (God).  "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)

 

On 10/18/2019 at 4:03 AM, RevBogovac said:

Oh no, no, NO! You don't get to cherry-pick my quote (FTFY); you forgot "conveniently" the last half: in your vision/bible it is YOUR god who CREATED all living beings. The spider-wasp - in your vision/bible - is CREATED to inject its eggs into living hosts so her larvae can eat them alive from the inside out (that creator fully KNOWING the imposed suffering). PURE EVIL (not even mentioning his psychopathic and narcissistic morals; having bears maul people over "blasphemy".

 

The nature of the insect world and everything else in nature was not part of the original creation. The fall of man affected everything, animals suffer the same fate as mankind, everything dies and suffers because of our disobedience to God. So my reply did not omit the second half of your comment, it including it in a general sense.  "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7). So the cruelty of nature persist at every level,  the weather and everything else changed when mankind was separated from the Tree of Life (Christ). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

 

No, evil is the result of sin.. God is good and what He created was good.. But that all changed after the Garden of Eden, paradise was closed for business when sin introduced evil into a world that fell and was separated from good (God).  "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)

 

 

The nature of the insect world and everything else in nature was not part of the original creation. The fall of man affected everything, animals suffer the same fate as mankind, everything dies and suffers because of our disobedience to God. So my reply did not omit the second half of your comment, it including it in a general sense.  "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7). So the cruelty of nature persist at every level,  the weather and everything else changed when mankind was separated from the Tree of Life (Christ). 

 

 

:boredom:   Dan, you are consistent.     :sigh2:

 

:mellow:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I sometimes wonder if Christian's ever stop and listen to themselves spinning the religion so it's acceptable... and think "something is wrong here if I have to spin it to be acceptable"

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/21/2019 at 5:46 AM, cuchulain said:

I sometimes wonder if Christian's ever stop and listen to themselves spinning the religion so it's acceptable... and think "something is wrong here if I have to spin it to be acceptable"

 

 

When the belief is all or nothing -- all in or all out -- how do they not spin?  If they yield on any point -- any point at all -- they are all out.  Isn't that why they have so many schisms?

 

Imagine the terror of having to agree with everything -- or lose salvation.  Pity them.     :sigh2:

 

:coffee:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, Dan56 said:

 

No, evil is the result of sin.. God is good and what He created was good.. But that all changed after the Garden of Eden, paradise was closed for business when sin introduced evil into a world that fell and was separated from good (God).  "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)

 

 

The nature of the insect world and everything else in nature was not part of the original creation. The fall of man affected everything, animals suffer the same fate as mankind, everything dies and suffers because of our disobedience to God. So my reply did not omit the second half of your comment, it including it in a general sense.  "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7). So the cruelty of nature persist at every level,  the weather and everything else changed when mankind was separated from the Tree of Life (Christ). 

 

 

Your reasoning is that of an hostage-taker (hostage-taker-logic) who says: "if you do not do as I say I will do something bad and that bad thing will be on you".

 

So God knows the consequences and although it's Eve and Adam who commit the sin he knowingly puts the caterpillar through hell (pun intended)... yeah, nice god... not.

 

As said before: even if that god were proven to exist, I would still consider him an evil entity not worthy of any form of worship whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

 

 

Your reasoning is that of an hostage-taker (hostage-taker-logic) who says: "if you do not do as I say I will do something bad and that bad thing will be on you".

 

So God knows the consequences and although it's Eve and Adam who commit the sin he knowingly puts the caterpillar through hell (pun intended)... yeah, nice god... not.

 

As said before: even if that god were proven to exist, I would still consider him an evil entity not worthy of any form of worship whatsoever.

 

This is good.     :clap:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this