Jonathan H. B. Lobl

If Christianity were proven true

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cuchulain said:

When a person can argue"little children" into young men, they really don't need a book anymore.  Might as well just admit to making it up.

 

 

When a mind is enslaved by faith -- and bound by the chains of belief -- It is silly to expect reason.  You are asking more than Dan can do.  It won't happen.  Neither facts, nor reason, nor reality will penetrate.      :wall:

 

I understand your frustration.  You think that if you're patient -- if you present the right combination of facts and reason, that reality will win out.  No.  It won't.  Dan cares about faith and belief.  Facts and reality bounce off him without effect.  Your logic will fail to penetrate.  Let it go. There is nothing to gain.  It's Dan.  It  doesn't matter.  It's Dan.     :wall:

 

 

:sigh2:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2019 at 8:34 AM, Dan56 said:

 

In your extremely liberal mind-set, do you believe anyone should ever be accountable for anything? I get the feeling that if any of you guys ever saw a parent tap an unruly child on the rear-end for acting up in a store, you'd be on your cell phone in a second with 911 to report what you consider extreme abuse? :)

Of course, someone with an extremely conservative view would make such an assumption to ask this question? Shame on you.

I imagine that depends on the "tap" being given, wouldn't you? Remember the "taking care in disciplining"? There is care, then there is abuse. The line is where the amount of force lies. No?

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2019 at 10:00 PM, cuchulain said:

When a person can argue"little children" into young men, they really don't need a book anymore.  Might as well just admit to making it up.

 

You don't need to stay biblically illiterate, consider doing some research and looking it up yourself.. Perhaps you don't have a good Hebrew to English concordance? Learning sometimes requires a little effort;  https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/802-2-kings-2-23-25-elisha-and-the-lads-of-bethel

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Key said:

Of course, someone with an extremely conservative view would make such an assumption to ask this question?

I imagine that depends on the "tap" being given, wouldn't you?

 

Its just the 'feeling' I get from these guys, it stems from the constant objections about a God who punishes disobedience. I don't believe they believe in discipline, or at least any form of corporal punishment. 

You answered your own question above, as you would consider interfering with a parent who 'taps' (not beats) a spoiled and out of control kid in a store in order to straighten them out because you thought they were being too strict.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

 

You don't need to stay biblically illiterate, consider doing some research and looking it up yourself.. Perhaps you don't have a good Hebrew to English concordance? Learning sometimes requires a little effort;  https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/802-2-kings-2-23-25-elisha-and-the-lads-of-bethel

 

 

I followed your link.

 

"Idolatry was rampant in Israel during the days of the prophet Elisha, and paganism influenced young and old alike."

 

You have forgotten that this is an Interfaith board, with a Pagan membership.

 

:whist:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, Dan56 said:

 

In your extremely liberal mind-set, do you believe anyone should ever be accountable for anything? I get the feeling that if any of you guys ever saw a parent tap an unruly child on the rear-end for acting up in a store, you'd be on your cell phone in a second with 911 to report what you consider extreme abuse? :) "And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death." (Leviticus 24:16) .. So considering the law, those young men who were mauled got off easy.

 

 

By all means, let the punishment fit the crime. A return to the good old days.   Let us bring back the rack, thumbscrews, red hot irons, the iron boot, whipping post, amputations  -- and other instruments of "accountability".  We might even take the people who threaten social stability -- and nail them to a cross.

 

:sigh2:

 

It was good enough for the original bleeding heart liberal.

 

:sigh2:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.