OH GREAT PICKELED ONE...-the murphzlaw--HEAR ME

I dont know how to do this...so i used this forum to contact you...It was in regards to your warnings....I think when you look at this forum....i think its great...i think.... you  ...need to lay down some different rules....and possibly have a place were people can complain about others..... with negative views of other people posting.... and those that do post have the right to express their views,,,,some people get offended of other peoples religious views...give them a place they can express their concerns of others.... those that dont believe in what the author of the post is trying to convey....their religious beliefs.....ME.....i think ITS GREAT....this forum is about beliefs....thoughts and other peoples idea of whatever they believe....I love it.....I love to write....I love to express my beliefs....Im going to college....and writing here is therapeutic for my college experience...I SAY....let them write what they will....people will see the different views expressed on this website....isnt that what its all about....peoples views....please....Handle each on an individual basis....this web site is about diversity....please continue

Edited by mieshec

For one, there is a report post link in the box of postings. Two, there is the ability to DM a person of your choosing to communicate with.

3, the negative views you talk about have gone both ways, as I have seen. 

As this is an interfaith church, meaning open to all faiths, one may expect to receive differing points of to any posts that may be put up here, agreeable or not. That's part of dialogue and learning with each other.

If you wish to place a sermon to which no one may comment one way or the other, the Open Pulpit thread is the one place on this forum to do so. 

As you said, this website is about diversity. Nothing demonstrates that better than different views.

The terms of use are just fine, as long as they are being observed by the participants of the forum.

Just saying. Respectfully.

54 minutes ago, Key said:

The terms of use are just fine, as long as they are being observed by the participants of the forum.

I must admit that I had never looked at the rules before, I guess I was confident that my extremely polite demeanor would suffice :)... But I just took a look at ;  http://ulc.net/forum/topic/14791-forum-policies/?tab=comments#comment-203509  

I think for the most part I've abided by the rules, but must admit that I've skirted one section on occasion; Section 6c: Conduct of Posts,   *Further, if any topic or reply is designed to entice a specific negative response, it shall be considered "baiting" and is inappropriate for this forum."

I shall attempt to refrain from making accusations or conclusions that might solicitate an angry response. Its usually not my intent to incite negativity, but others have pointed out that some of my comments & opinions have been provocative. Not all are deliberately meant to "bait" others, but I can certainly re-phrase things to be less of an annoyance.

Edited by Dan56
  • Like 1

I was working last night with two guys that both spoke english but were meaning two different things and not realizing it.  Once they figured that out it calmed down significantly and they got along fine.

I personally feel anyone should be able to speak openly here, so long as it doesn't get personal.  It's perhaps difficult to judge another's demeanor online without physical cues, and easy to take words that were meant one way as an attack instead.

I try to take a pause if i am offended and see things from as positive a place as i can.  And a tip, attacking a person is bad.  Debating their point of view isn't.  I am very evidence driven, so an appeal to belief isn't going to change my mind...BUT it doesn't have to, either.  

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, Dan56 said:

I must admit that I had never looked at the rules before, I guess I was confident that my extremely polite demeanor would suffice :)... But I just took a look at ;  http://ulc.net/forum/topic/14791-forum-policies/?tab=comments#comment-203509  

I think for the most part I've abided by the rules, but must admit that I've skirted one section on occasion; Section 6c: Conduct of Posts,   *Further, if any topic or reply is designed to entice a specific negative response, it shall be considered "baiting" and is inappropriate for this forum."

I shall attempt to refrain from making accusations or conclusions that might solicitate an angry response. Its usually not my intent to incite negativity, but others have pointed out that some of my comments & opinions have been provocative. Not all are deliberately meant to "bait" others, but I can certainly re-phrase things to be less of an annoyance.

I do that, I only ask questions I know the answer to so I don't get surprised and I get told I bait people into responses they didn't even know they were giving.  I too will do my best at not walking others into my lair.  LOL