Bachelor of Religious Studies

annieSTTER

Bachelor of Religious Studies

Lesson 1--Bible Basics

Assignment:

Create a list of arguments why the Bible reflects the true word of God the Almighty.

There are many arguments that one could make in regards to the Bible being the Word of God. I will talk about prophecy.

The prophecy that a Messiah (Jesus), would be born of a virgin in Bethlehem, and that he would come from the line of Abraham. The prophecies of Jesus stated that there would be a messenger sent to prepare the way for the Messiah. That the Messiah would be hated so much, that he would be crucified, and his hands, feet, and side would be pierced. Then in three days he would be raised from the dead.

All of the prophecies about the Messiah, were fulfilled. And all of the authors verify each other’s writings as the Word of God. The authors were even united when they were willing to die for what they believed to be the Word of God.

The fact that Jesus was raised from the dead shows the power of God. Because only one other person had been raised from the dead, and he was raised by Jesus through the power of God.

Archeology has also uncovered evidence of the Bible. The Tel Dan Stele (900-850 BC) was an upright stone that was used as a monument for important events or achievement. Carved on the face of the one found was “House of David”. This proves that King David did exist. In 1990 in Jerusalem at a place called Peace Forest, they discovered a burial cave with 12 ossuaries. One of them was that of Cailaphas. He was the high presided that presided at the trial of Jesus.

In Isaiah it states that the earth is round. Science has proved that to be true, and that of the gravitational field of the earth as stated in Job to be true.

The Word of God has life changing power proven in the life of Saul, which was a persecutor of believers before he became a believer. Once he became a believer by the power of God, he became a minister of Jesus Christ. And his name was changed to Paul.

The most powerful argument to me that the Bible is the Word of God, is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Explain the difference between Translations and Paraphrases.

Translations are the exact words that someone has said word for word.

Paraphrases are when you use your own words to state what someone else said.

or neither.i don't know how many times i have directed people to the seminary website so they can not only get credit for their work,but can put it in a place i can read it.(yes contrary to popular belief,i do read all the postings at seminary.i just don't comment on them.)

however,i find more and more people who are to rushed(or to lazy)to go to the seminary site,and post in the proper area.

therefore dan,and seeker,i will post the link to seminary for the last time.http://ulcseminary.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

now i can give up!

• Like 1

Explain the difference between Translations and Paraphrases......Thats the craziness of scripture.....translations....thats the reason for so many heated arguments...one translation that just came to life was the idea Jesus was a carpenter....and they say the translation reflects a day laborer....and that makes more sense then a carpenter....because when you look at what Jesus was doing in life....he was helping out mankind....and also in archaeology.....its much more.....MUCH MUCH MORE.....from the caves of Qumran.....to pottery and coins from Sodom and Gomorrah....also a scroll found on the black market by a Jewish scholar...death threats have been sent to this scholar if he reveals the contents.....its a treasure map....and ancient digs are continuing....also in Egypt....they say only 10% of ancient Egypt has been discovered....

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, annieSTTER said:

All of the prophecies about the Messiah, were fulfilled. And all of the authors verify each other’s writings as the Word of God. The authors were even united when they were willing to die for what they believed to be the Word of God.

I've always thought it was interesting how people talk about all of the alleged prophesies in the Old Testament  that Jesus has allegedly fulfilled. What prophesies do you find to be the most compelling annieSTTER?