Salvation for Fallen Humans & Fallen Angels (A Practical Guide)

17 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I said nothing about "material proof".  I said "objective" and "verifiable" but I did not say "material".

Most objective evidence is based on physical & material Information which is proved through analysis, measurement, and observation. But you can't verify a nonphysical being that exist in the spiritual realm with quantitative information or scientific research. The evidence for a transcendental God is cumulative, and its that subjective evidence that is acceptable proof... For me anyway 

17 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

If the Bible is to be taken at face value; the people of long ago and far away, got plenty of proof.  Objective, verifiable, facts.  Maybe, the people of that time didn't need faith.  When people have objective, verifiable facts -- as seems to be the case, way back then -- belief doesn't matter.  Now, in the absence of facts -- Now faith is a virtue.

And how did the people react way back then when they got plenty of proof? Perhaps faith is a virtue because verifiable facts were discarded in the past. People tend to adhere to what they love & cherish, not the miraculous miracles that prove God is real. 

16 hours ago, Key said:

Actually, there is. Many, in fact. The foremost is whether to accept anything on faith alone to begin with. 

Then there is the basis of what Christ taught, to question and verify. As He said there would be many false prophets that would come after He left, we are to question so as not to be led astray. But how to verify, or confirm? Christ didn't write the Bible; He who was without sin. Instead it was written by men who were fallible, and, quite frankly, possibly very sinful, or may have had a personal agenda. How to trust that then?

Therein is the need for a God reveal of sorts, no?

There are many many more thoughts for inquisition.

Lastly, but you did choose a faith that aligns with what you think, for that is how readily you accepted it.

The best way to identify a false teacher is by being familiar with the Word of God. There are many verses that warn us to check them out. (1 John 4:1-6, Romans 16:17-18, 2 Peter 2:1, Ephesians 5:11, 2 John 1:9, 2 Timothy 4:3).

Yes men wrote the bible, but since all scripture is God inspired (2 Timothy 3:16-17), its reliable.  "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21)

And no, I adjusted my own thoughts to what I chose to believe is true. The faith I decided to accept did not originally align with what I personally think, in fact, it often conflicted with my thoughts.

15 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Faith is not fact.  Faith is strongly held opinion.  What others do -- based on factless opinion -- is not my responsibility.  For me, faith is not enough.

Facts can be established by eye witness testimony, confirmation of governors, kings, and places that existed surrounding the described events, and by prophetic realizations. The existence of objective moral values is explained by the existence of God. Consider that the inability of science to explain how life began, or for that matter, how anything began, leads to the inevitable conclusion that it only offers speculative & inadequate answers. So in the absence of any objective evidence, creative design seems like a much more credible answer. For myself, when the DNA genome code was unraveled, the evidence for design became undeniable. The existence of life demanding a life-source, and the scientific evidence of an extremely complex DNA code is in the make-up of  life.. Imo, to call it all accidental is "factless opinion"

Edited by Dan56
10 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Most objective evidence is based on physical & material Information which is proved through analysis, measurement, and observation. But you can't verify a nonphysical being that exist in the spiritual realm with quantitative information or scientific research. The evidence for a transcendental God is cumulative, and its that subjective evidence that is acceptable proof... For me anyway 

And how did the people react way back then when they got plenty of proof? Perhaps faith is a virtue because verifiable facts were discarded in the past. People tend to adhere to what they love & cherish, not the miraculous miracles that prove God is real. 

The best way to identify a false teacher is by being familiar with the Word of God. There are many verses that warn us to check them out. (1 John 4:1-6, Romans 16:17-18, 2 Peter 2:1, Ephesians 5:11, 2 John 1:9, 2 Timothy 4:3).

Yes men wrote the bible, but since all scripture is God inspired (2 Timothy 3:16-17), its reliable.  "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21)

And no, I adjusted my own thoughts to what I chose to believe is true. The faith I decided to accept did not originally align with what I personally think, in fact, it often conflicted with my thoughts.

Facts can be established by eye witness testimony, confirmation of governors, kings, and places that existed surrounding the described events, and by prophetic realizations. The existence of objective moral values is explained by the existence of God. Consider that the inability of science to explain how life began, or for that matter, how anything began, leads to the inevitable conclusion that it only offers speculative & inadequate answers. So in the absence of any objective evidence, creative design seems like a much more credible answer. For myself, when the DNA genome code was unraveled, the evidence for design became undeniable. The existence of life demanding a life-source, and the scientific evidence of an extremely complex DNA code is in the make-up of  life.. Imo, to call it all accidental is "factless opinion"

God inspired, yet not written by Him. The Pharisees were a sect that was God inspired, one could say. Yet, we don't follow their rules in this day and age, yes? As men are fallible, how then can the Bible be reliable. One might argue, that to be familiar with what "men" wrote as the Word of God, might only prove reliable in confirming what "men" wrote. These could be lies, or an edict towards an agenda. As much as one may cry "blasphemy", it is very possible as a means to control the masses. Theocracies only last as long as power is held.

You may call it schematics, but the fact that you are still "choosing" what to believe to be true is still aligning your beliefs with your thoughts. You may have made adjustments that changed your thinking, true, but it ultimately was your own thoughts that allowed you to accept the adjustments.

Btw, I'm not saying I believe exactly all of this. I am simply presenting a devil's advocate point of view. Exploring possibilities and discovering insights on my journey to learning. I am, after all, what I proclaim beneath my handle here on the forum, a "Spiritual Pilgrim." 

Edited by Key
Adding thought.

God, using the Holy Spirit, spoke through the prophets as they were writing the Bible.

K.J.V. 2 Peter 1:20-21. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This is written to give a Christian biblical perspective on spiritual orbs. I will proceed to demonstrate how these spiritual orbs are supernatural and divine. The photographs that I will be presenting are of the Holy Spirit and some of His works. These photographs and videos have been a mystery to mankind for decades. The Holy Spirit is highly misunderstood in the world. Many have seen Him, but few have recognized Him. He is erroneously known as paranormal orbs, spirit orbs, angel orbs, and ghost orbs. Some people who have not seen orbs with their naked eyes believe them to be photographic anomalies. To understand the Holy Spirit, we must consult scripture. I will be using both the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible.

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove as He did during the baptism of Jesus.

u1NzHvh.jpg

Here is a photograph of the Holy Spirit motionless.

FXRAW5Y.jpg

Below is a painting of the Apostle Saint Andrew with the Holy Spirit upon Him.

pDBtjDX.jpg

The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

The Spirit of God and the Spirit are both one and the same Holy Spirit.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him.” 

The center photograph above is of the Holy Spirit in His spirit body form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

The Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.

Read more: A Christian Biblical Study of the Holy Spirit & Spiritual Orbs

Edited by Child of God

Example: the Muslims believe that the Archangel Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. It is obvious to see, by looking at the photographs and painting of the Holy Spirit, that the Holy Spirit is not Sir Gabriel. Also, as can be seen in the painting, the Holy Spirit is appearing upon the Apostle Saint Andrews, as He appeared upon Jesus during His baptism. It's all there in Christian scripture. And the truth can not be found elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Child of God said:

God, using the Holy Spirit, spoke through the prophets as they were writing the Bible.

K.J.V. 2 Peter 1:20-21. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Very little, as far as I'm aware, has been absolutely confirmed as to whom wrote which parts of the Bible and even when.

Also, it has been copied many times over, with variations recorded, as well. Then, too, for a time, only Church officials or church appointed scribes were allowed to create copies. How does this prevent insertion of policy or passages for control, possibly as sanctioned by someone of power within the organization? (Btw, I hardly think scribes would be considered prophets.)

Who could vouch that a person was moved by the Holy Spirit, other than the one being motivated? 

Speaking of tongues was common until it was required that more than one person able to translate needed to be present to assert it was genuine. Could that be said of those moved?

Again, playing devil's advocate, could this passage not have been placed to assert influence and deflect questioning?

Remember, not all can hear God speak. So how do we know He DID speak to certain individuals? (This would apply to the Holy Spirit, as well. As part of the Trinity, they are all one.)

I do not deny a Holy Spirit. Nor do I deny many unknowns and possibilities, just so you understand.

Understanding the spirit world requires discernment. Dreams are journeys into the spirit world and you can search your dreams for proof of it. It's good to know for the things that appear to be more confusing, that their are a great deal of powers being used in that world.

“Saint Augustine of Hippo (d. 430 C.E.) left several writings clearly expressing his opinion that dreams can come from several sources: from the divine, from below, or simply from everyday life.”

“St. Augustine also discusses lucid dreaming in one of his letters – as evidence of life after death.”

1 minute ago, Child of God said:

Understanding the spirit world requires discernment. Dreams are journeys into the spirit world and you can search your dreams for proof of it. It's good to know for the things that appear to be more confusing, that their are a great deal of powers being used in that world.

“Saint Augustine of Hippo (d. 430 C.E.) left several writings clearly expressing his opinion that dreams can come from several sources: from the divine, from below, or simply from everyday life.”

“St. Augustine also discusses lucid dreaming in one of his letters – as evidence of life after death.”

Then clearly you must understand that simply from what you just shared, these dreams that you say can inspire may come from below, acting as the divine. Satan can be a crafty fellow, who knows Scripture better than we, surely. Which requires considerable ability for discernment.

14 minutes ago, Key said:

Very little, as far as I'm aware, has been absolutely confirmed as to whom wrote which parts of the Bible and even when.

Also, it has been copied many times over, with variations recorded, as well. Then, too, for a time, only Church officials or church appointed scribes were allowed to create copies. How does this prevent insertion of policy or passages for control, possibly as sanctioned by someone of power within the organization? (Btw, I hardly think scribes would be considered prophets.)

Who could vouch that a person was moved by the Holy Spirit, other than the one being motivated? 

Speaking of tongues was common until it was required that more than one person able to translate needed to be present to assert it was genuine. Could that be said of those moved?

Again, playing devil's advocate, could this passage not have been placed to assert influence and deflect questioning?

Remember, not all can hear God speak. So how do we know He DID speak to certain individuals? (This would apply to the Holy Spirit, as well. As part of the Trinity, they are all one.)

I do not deny a Holy Spirit. Nor do I deny many unknowns and possibilities, just so you understand.

I have witnessed many truths of the Holy Bible. I believe all the contents of the Bible to be true. I saw an apparition of Jesus when I was a 9 year old child. I have heard the voice of my Father God. I have seen the Holy Spirit. I bear witness to both fallen and heavenly angels. And, I have also seen and spoke with the dead.

I have written a testimony, if you care to read it,  True Story of Christ & Salvation .

14 hours ago, Dan56 said:

There is no reason to see these stories, as anything but what they were.  Propaganda.  No proof then.  No proof now.  Just propaganda, on the part of people who were not interested in truth or facts.

:mellow:

You still don't understand the distinction, between "accidental" and "natural process. "

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
3 hours ago, Child of God said:

This is written to give a Christian biblical perspective on spiritual orbs. I will proceed to demonstrate how these spiritual orbs are supernatural and divine. The photographs that I will be presenting are of the Holy Spirit and some of His works. These photographs and videos have been a mystery to mankind for decades. The Holy Spirit is highly misunderstood in the world. Many have seen Him, but few have recognized Him. He is erroneously known as paranormal orbs, spirit orbs, angel orbs, and ghost orbs. Some people who have not seen orbs with their naked eyes believe them to be photographic anomalies. To understand the Holy Spirit, we must consult scripture. I will be using both the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible.

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove as He did during the baptism of Jesus.

u1NzHvh.jpg

Here is a photograph of the Holy Spirit motionless.

FXRAW5Y.jpg

Below is a painting of the Apostle Saint Andrew with the Holy Spirit upon Him.

pDBtjDX.jpg

The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

The Spirit of God and the Spirit are both one and the same Holy Spirit.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him.” 

The center photograph above is of the Holy Spirit in His spirit body form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

The Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.

Read more: A Christian Biblical Study of the Holy Spirit & Spiritual Orbs

Your ignorance of other religious cultures, is shocking and pathetic.  If you care to examine the religious art of Buddhism, Hinduism or the ancient Egyptian gods, you will see plenty of halos.

1 hour ago, Child of God said:

Example: the Muslims believe that the Archangel Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. It is obvious to see, by looking at the photographs and painting of the Holy Spirit, that the Holy Spirit is not Sir Gabriel. Also, as can be seen in the painting, the Holy Spirit is appearing upon the Apostle Saint Andrews, as He appeared upon Jesus during His baptism. It's all there in Christian scripture. And the truth can not be found elsewhere.

Have you looked elsewhere?  It's obvious that you have no clue, what other religions and cultures have found.

36 minutes ago, Child of God said:

I have witnessed many truths of the Holy Bible. I believe all the contents of the Bible to be true. I saw an apparition of Jesus when I was a 9 year old child. I have heard the voice of my Father God. I have seen the Holy Spirit. I bear witness to both fallen and heavenly angels. And, I have also seen and spoke with the dead.

I have written a testimony, if you care to read it,  True Story of Christ & Salvation .

"When we speak to God, it's called prayer.  When God speaks to us, it's called schizophrenia."

source unknown

:coffee:

1 hour ago, Child of God said:

Of course.  St. Augustine said it, so it must be true.

:harhar:     :rolleyes:

Who could possibly disagree with St. Augustine?

:harhar:     :rolleyes:

:harhar:     :birgits_giggle:     :rofl:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
7 hours ago, Key said:

God inspired, yet not written by Him. The Pharisees were a sect that was God inspired, one could say. Yet, we don't follow their rules in this day and age, yes? As men are fallible, how then can the Bible be reliable. One might argue, that to be familiar with what "men" wrote as the Word of God, might only prove reliable in confirming what "men" wrote. These could be lies, or an edict towards an agenda. As much as one may cry "blasphemy", it is very possible as a means to control the masses. Theocracies only last as long as power is held.

You may call it schematics, but the fact that you are still "choosing" what to believe to be true is still aligning your beliefs with your thoughts. You may have made adjustments that changed your thinking, true, but it ultimately was your own thoughts that allowed you to accept the adjustments.

If God gives a prophet a vision, then the revelation is God's but transcribed by men. According to Christ, the Pharisee's were spreading their own traditions, and their own doctrine was self-serving, probably inspired by greed. "But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:3&9).

Of course it was my own thoughts that accepted what I ultimately came to believe. But its not so much as aligning my beliefs with my thoughts, but altering my thoughts to conform with my belief. In other words, I can't align what Christ taught with what I think, I can only alter my thoughts to conform to his teachings. My own preferences or preconceptions are secondary to what the scriptures actually say and teach. The reason we probably have hundreds of denominations is because people alter their beliefs to conform to what they think.

4 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

You still don't understand the distinction, between "accidental" and "natural process. "

Sure I do, I just don't see macro-evolution as a natural process as you do.. There's absolutely no evidence of it naturally happening via genetic mutation.

11 hours ago, Dan56 said:

If God gives a prophet a vision, then the revelation is God's but transcribed by men. According to Christ, the Pharisee's were spreading their own traditions, and their own doctrine was self-serving, probably inspired by greed. "But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:3&9).

Of course it was my own thoughts that accepted what I ultimately came to believe. But its not so much as aligning my beliefs with my thoughts, but altering my thoughts to conform with my belief. In other words, I can't align what Christ taught with what I think, I can only alter my thoughts to conform to his teachings. My own preferences or preconceptions are secondary to what the scriptures actually say and teach. The reason we probably have hundreds of denominations is because people alter their beliefs to conform to what they think.

Sure I do, I just don't see macro-evolution as a natural process as you do.. There's absolutely no evidence of it naturally happening via genetic mutation.

You are changing the topic under discussion.

Evolution theory is about "natural process" rather than "accident". I don't care whether or not you accept evolution theory as real.  The distinction between "natural process" and "accident" is worth making.  Unless you just want to troll.

Evolution theory is not part of Atheism.  I'm not interested in defending evolution and I don't care who accepts it.  The distinction between "natural process" and "accident" is still worth making.

18 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Your ignorance of other religious cultures, is shocking and pathetic.  If you care to examine the religious art of Buddhism, Hinduism or the ancient Egyptian gods, you will see plenty of halos.

You need not be so rash and condescending. Here are my thoughts on the Halo;

The Holy Spirit appears to be revealing to us through the Halo that He is the breath of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God.

This is not to be confused with the life Christ gives us through the Spirit of truth.

Genesis 2:7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The term “Spirit” translates the Hebrew word ruah which in it’s primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

God gave man life through His Holy Spirit.

I believe that the breath of life went into man’s nostrils and is located over and throughout the brain giving us life. Hence, the Halo is over the head, representing the Holy Spirit giving us life. And without the breathe of life, the brain would not function and we would have no life in this world. The breath of life is connected to our spirits by the silver cord. When the silver cord is loosed, we are cut off from the breath of life, the brain dies, we become disconnected from our bodies, and are no longer part of this physical world.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

I believe that the Halo would be the Holy Spirit’s rightful place in revealing to us that He is the breath of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God. And thus the Halo does not have to be limited to Christianity.

18 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

"When we speak to God, it's called prayer.  When God speaks to us, it's called schizophrenia."

source unknown

:coffee:

Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Modern research merely “implies” that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it has been known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The word madness has been changed to insanity and now to psychosis. The early treating physicians would drill holes in people’s heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person’s head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Modern day treatments are much more humane. Research shows a chemical imbalance in most schizophrenics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered is most likely brain damage caused by the abuse of some drugs. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person’s life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that schizophrenia is caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of schizophrenia. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be due to evil spirits. They have discovered that schizophrenia shows signs of being hereditary. This is due to a close family member having an attachment to these unhealthy spirits, and either before or after they die, the spirits go onto a familiar child and/or adult.

All the symptoms of schizophrenia can be explained spiritually. Do to the enormous amount of lies, deceit, and masquerading coming from evil spirits, the patients often become delusional and psychotic. Demons use their powers to make the schizophrenic see blood coming from a facet.  Vivid messages coming through the television and radio are demons speaking to the afflicted person. Research of the acts of aliens demonstrate that they are some of the fallen angels (demons) and some patients will bear witness to them.

Senior bibliographer from the Library of Congress, Miss Lynn E. Catoe wrote the government document, UFOs AND RELATED SUBJECTS: An Annotated Bibliography, and summarizes her findings. She wrote, “A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomenon like poltergeist manifestation and possession. Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena that have long been known to theologians and parapsychologists.”

The schizophrenic can also witness friends and family who are out of their bodies while dreaming. Good spirits are not the cause of schizophrenia. God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased family members in heaven often reach out to help some of these afflicted people by steering them away from demons and the unhealthy human dead. This is the reason why some schizophrenics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus, angels, saints and deceased love ones. It is unrighteous how modern day psychiatry unwittingly discredits the testimonies of God’s lowly witnesses.

Psychology is part of the course curriculum required to become a priest. The truth about evil spirits is not being taught in today’s Universities. One hundred years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that schizophrenia was caused by evil spirits. I believe that this is no longer taught do to psychology, psychiatry, lawsuits, and the Church’s reputation.

Evil spirits do indeed cause mental illnesses like schizophrenia. I believe that a healthy lifestyle, obedience to God, and some psychiatric treatment can benefit a person with this disorder. Then, Christ’s divine powers of salvaging and restoring the soul upon the death of the body will keep the believer from becoming an evil spirit themselves in the afterlife. This is a spiritual battle in which Christ and His followers face.

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.