Chinese Prison Camps for Muslims

I have a friend that is overjoyed with Muslims being placed in concentration camps in China. He sees it as attacks on Islam, which he vehemently hates.

While I'm appalled at this.

He doesn't realize, these are people, regardless of religion, that are being persecuted. He also is apparently unaware the same is being done to Christians there.

7 hours ago, Key said:

I have a friend that is overjoyed with Muslims being placed in concentration camps in China. He sees it as attacks on Islam, which he vehemently hates.

While I'm appalled at this.

He doesn't realize, these are people, regardless of religion, that are being persecuted. He also is apparently unaware the same is being done to Christians there.

I am deeply shocked, that we have to say something so obvious.   Religious persecution is morally wrong.  It is detestable.  Until everybody is free in these matters, nobody is safe.

In addition to being morally reprehensible; religious persecution doesn't work.  Even a cursory glance at history demonstrates this.  Ancient Rome tried to destroy Christianity.  Look how that turned out.

China is currently persecuting the Falun Gong movement.  Consequently, It's spreading around the world like wild fire.

Yes, China is sending thousands of it's Muslim population to "reeducation camps."  A true boon to terrorist recruitment.

:whist:

Where does this leave us?  Religious persecution is both morally wrong and counter productive.  It's a shame that people can't learn from history.  One final thought.  Your friend is a true fool.  In time, the hunters become the hunted.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl