2 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Maybe the temporary ban is just their way of letting us know that we need an occasional attitude adjustment?  :)

I've been thrown out of better places.

I'm still affronted.  Not even an explanation, if it was deliberate. 

Much less an apology -- if it really was a malfunction.  

Either way -- unacceptable rudeness.

I take breaks from this site of two to three days at a time often and don't even notice such things.  I wonder if I have ever been banned, and just didn't know?  Sorry to hear this happened to you in any case.

I often find myself wondering how often administration checks this site, or if they bother with reading many of the topics.  There are times where it seems like some people blatantly violate the rules and nothing is said about it.  Maybe it's worked behind the scenes, so to speak, and they contact the members directly and privately.  I think it might have greater effect on the membership to see that actions(words, at least) have consequences when they violate rules.  But in your case, I cannot see that you violated anything and would work on the assumption it was a malfunction or mistake.  Still, I can certainly understand wanting an apology.  Administration has made the analogy in the past of this site being similar to someone's house, and us all as guests who follow certain decorum rules...and if we don't we are asked to leave.  If you were asked to leave in error at someone's house, the proper decorum would be to apologize I think.

4 hours ago, cuchulain said:

I take breaks from this site of two to three days at a time often and don't even notice such things.  I wonder if I have ever been banned, and just didn't know?  Sorry to hear this happened to you in any case.

I often find myself wondering how often administration checks this site, or if they bother with reading many of the topics.  There are times where it seems like some people blatantly violate the rules and nothing is said about it.  Maybe it's worked behind the scenes, so to speak, and they contact the members directly and privately.  I think it might have greater effect on the membership to see that actions(words, at least) have consequences when they violate rules.  But in your case, I cannot see that you violated anything and would work on the assumption it was a malfunction or mistake.  Still, I can certainly understand wanting an apology.  Administration has made the analogy in the past of this site being similar to someone's house, and us all as guests who follow certain decorum rules...and if we don't we are asked to leave.  If you were asked to leave in error at someone's house, the proper decorum would be to apologize I think.

If we are following the analogy of being a house guest.....

One moment, I'm having a conversation at the dinner table.  The next moment, I'm outside and locked out.  I am then wondering -- What just happened?  Why did it happen?  Who did it?  

when i checked your profile,you were still listed as a member.

it is strange someone hasn't gotten back with you about this.i realize most of the mods are at facebook,and one died.but  i do know of one who usually investigates these type of occurrences and forwards them to the admin.  

11 hours ago, mark 45 said:

when i checked your profile,you were still listed as a member.

it is strange someone hasn't gotten back with you about this.i realize most of the mods are at facebook,and one died.but  i do know of one who usually investigates these type of occurrences and forwards them to the admin.  

Still nothing.  Either someone is asleep at the switch -- or we are on auto piolet.  

On 7/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It never occurred to me.  Do the passengers on a plane have to tell the pilot what's going on?  

Maybe my mistake, but I was under the impression she was one of the tech people working on this forum.