Asking for a critique....

I have an assistant project manager  who is in for a triple by-pass. I wrote a prayer. my first. Please read and offer suggestions on how to improve, if improvement is needed. Thank you.

We pray to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. We pray for our co-worker assistant project manager's name. 
For him we ask “Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones 
are in agony. ~ Psalm 6:2. And “The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You 
restore him to health.” ~ Psalm 41:3. We pray for a quick recovery from his operation. For this 
we are reminded: “Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my 
health and allow me to live!” ~ Isaiah 38:16

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Presumably because the assistant project manager in question is Christian.

You have a good selection of sources, but IMHO they don't flow well together. I would suggest you forget about quoting - you're not conducting a lesson.

Just ask for what you want, in Gods name.

• Like 1

I htought it was really nice ,instead of co worker,you could insert whoever needing such prayer/insert name here...

I have a book called" The Vita Nutrient Solution,} by Dr Atkins.He says the amino acid Glutamine can cut recovery time in 1/2 ,its the most abundant amino acid in our muscle tissue.When we get trauma,ie, accidents ,heart attacks,strokes, surgery,are laid up in sickbeds,stressed,our bodies may dump up to 1/3 rd of our glutamine out of our muscles as a secondary cascade effect.

This can be ordered from any number of health food store suppliers.Use search engine online for such...

Ive been doing Health & Longlife Resource pages coupled to 4,5,6 leaf clovers,or a talisman set /As a charity fundraiser for the past 30 yrs.This portion of info Dr Atkins says,can be worth 20 thousand dollars by doubling recovery time....So I included the glutamine  as a resource in my resource pages, which I also refer to this situation....

My Doctor told me I had about 50 % heart function after a echo cariogram session,10 yrs back...I did a update to say Co Q 10 is the go to health food store supplement,& now theres a improved form called Ubiquinone/I got a Email this morning from  Pipingrock.com  theyre a email health food store, I ve used the past couple yrs

Anyways,for the next 2 days ,Ubiquinol,100 mg,2 bottles of 60 is about 30 bucks,plus S/H under crazy deals,deals of the month.Regular price is double that amount.

On the glutamine,its best to use the powder form & use apx 5000 to 10 thousand mg.The caps come in 500 mg ,so its best to go with the powder.

Whey protein Concentrate is also excellent & has about 5000 mg in a scoop/I recommend 1/2 a scoop at a time ,like 1/.2 in morning,& 1/'2 in evening...

Swansonvitamins.com usually sells powder glutamine 2 pound apx 40 bucks,big box stores usually carry Whey protein powder /concentrate for about 17 to 20 bucks per 2 lb jar about 60 doses per 2 lb container,good for all sick pts& chronically ill/It can make the difference between life& Death...

Another abstract I ve studied says vitamin C acts as a vasodilator & helps with recovery from bypass operations,keeping the blood flowing.

My Health & Longlife resource pages,I added Cayenne red pepper formula that has ginger & hawthorne is excellent for those with circulatory issues.Cayenne has vitamin c,& so it acts as a vasodilator,about 5 hrs at a dose...Be Blessed RevKHBostic 

PS,chronic viruses rob us of arginine which is a vaso dilator...taking  the amino l lysine  with arginine cancels out feeding viruses that like our arginine,& arginine & lysine are in the whey protein concentrate powder.I don t like the isolate form of whey protein,but sometimes thats all you can get...I get arthritis type symptoms with the isolate forms is why  I don t like it...Be Blessed,Be the change...

Edited by revkhbostic

16 hours ago, RabbiO said:

Before saying anything else I must say I'm curious. You've previously written that you are a Pagan so why this attempt at Christian prayer? What are you trying to accomplish?

I am a practicing Druid. But part of that is respecting other people faiths. And to show respect to the individual the respect they deserve. Thus I decided to do a Christian prayer. But over all I never tried to write a christian prayer before. And if I do so again, I want to know what I did wrong. Or how I can make better. Nine Blessings.

13 hours ago, Seeker said:

Presumably because the assistant project manager in question is Christian.

You have a good selection of sources, but IMHO they don't flow well together. I would suggest you forget about quoting - you're not conducting a lesson.

Just ask for what you want, in Gods name.

Thank you for your honesty and frankness.  And for the opinion as well.

10 hours ago, revkhbostic said:

I htought it was really nice ,instead of co worker,you could insert whoever needing such prayer/insert name here...

I have a book called" The Vita Nutrient Solution,} by Dr Atkins.He says the amino acid Glutamine can cut recovery time in 1/2 ,its the most abundant amino acid in our muscle tissue.When we get trauma,ie, accidents ,heart attacks,strokes, surgery,are laid up in sickbeds,stressed,our bodies may dump up to 1/3 rd of our glutamine out of our muscles as a secondary cascade effect.

This can be ordered from any number of health food store suppliers.Use search engine online for such...

Thank you. But for reasons of privacy I did not want to use the persons actual name. And I did not want to assume I had permission without asking him. And thanks for the recommendation for the glutamine. 🙂