One covenant, or two?

such a powerful liar, the devil, would probably be able to pose as an angel or prophetic vision to those who wrote the bible.  insert some truth, but alter a few things so they arent loving...like killing witches and keeping slaves and such.  its a good thing none of that obviously hateful stuff is in the book, or at least that people were smart enough not to have crusades or burnings over some words some superstitious middle easterner wroote down centuries ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Key said:

That would bring up another concept, as well. There are many who believe that it isn't meant to go through Jesus, at all, rather it should be to emulate Jesus to find favor with His father to be adopted, of sorts, by Him.

I can understand that.

My next thought addresses your first question, of one covenant or two.  Lately I have been studying the Nag Hammadi Scriptures, many of which describe that initially God first created Jesus, being love, and Sophia, being wisdom, and that all the rest of Creation was to be made through them, from love and wisdom together. But Sophia creates on her own and creates Yaldaboath, who then creates 7 archon. Yaldaboath then looks around and seeing no other greater than himself, stands up and says, "I am the lord they God ..." and proceeds with how all creation is to revere him. It never says he was evil, but Sophia, seeing the snake-like form that he was "like an aborted fetus," casts him down to earth. Yaldaboath was created out of wisdom, without love, these books say. It goes on to say that Yaldaboath created humans. The Good God of heaven, Father of Jesus, then had compassion on us humans, after being created and having to deal with the fallen angels of Genesis 6 fame, and sends Jesus to show us the better way we should live, so that we could become adopted sons and daughters of the Good God of heaven. If this is the case, that we were made from there good seed of Sophia, but with the bad seed of Yaldaboath, I could understand why Jesus would be sent to us, as the new covenant. It also makes much more sense that we are the field sown with both good and bad seed.

This thought, new to my thinking, if it is at all true, makes much more sense to me, how the God of the Old Testament is such a blood thirsty God, requiring numerous animal sacrifices, and sanctioning the death of every man, woman and child in the numerous cities he wants conquered. I have always wondered, "Wasn't there one innocent eight year old girl in Sodom and Gomorrah, or any of the other lands conquered? Were one hundred percent of the cities and towns conquered with any redeeming people in them?"

More and more I am reading the things Jesus said in a new light. I have also been researching different Bibles, because I notice that some of the newer translations actually change the intent of the verse. Take Luke 17:20-22 for example. The newer translations say that "the kingdom of God is among you." But the older translations like the Tyndall translations, the King James version, and the Holy Bible from Aramaic with the George Lamsa translation, as well as the Interlinear Bible with Hebrew, Greek and English says that "the kingdom of God is within us." That is an entirely different thing. I keep seeking because so much, like the Nag Hammadi Scriptures for so long were hidden from us.

I think this sheds  new light on the topic of one covenant or two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 7:46 PM, ChristLight said:

I can understand that.

My next thought addresses your first question, of one covenant or two.  Lately I have been studying the Nag Hammadi Scriptures, many of which describe that initially God first created Jesus, being love, and Sophia, being wisdom, and that all the rest of Creation was to be made through them, from love and wisdom together. But Sophia creates on her own and creates Yaldaboath, who then creates 7 archon. Yaldaboath then looks around and seeing no other greater than himself, stands up and says, "I am the lord they God ..." and proceeds with how all creation is to revere him. It never says he was evil, but Sophia, seeing the snake-like form that he was "like an aborted fetus," casts him down to earth. Yaldaboath was created out of wisdom, without love, these books say. It goes on to say that Yaldaboath created humans. The Good God of heaven, Father of Jesus, then had compassion on us humans, after being created and having to deal with the fallen angels of Genesis 6 fame, and sends Jesus to show us the better way we should live, so that we could become adopted sons and daughters of the Good God of heaven. If this is the case, that we were made from there good seed of Sophia, but with the bad seed of Yaldaboath, I could understand why Jesus would be sent to us, as the new covenant. It also makes much more sense that we are the field sown with both good and bad seed.

This thought, new to my thinking, if it is at all true, makes much more sense to me, how the God of the Old Testament is such a blood thirsty God, requiring numerous animal sacrifices, and sanctioning the death of every man, woman and child in the numerous cities he wants conquered. I have always wondered, "Wasn't there one innocent eight year old girl in Sodom and Gomorrah, or any of the other lands conquered? Were one hundred percent of the cities and towns conquered with any redeeming people in them?"

More and more I am reading the things Jesus said in a new light. I have also been researching different Bibles, because I notice that some of the newer translations actually change the intent of the verse. Take Luke 17:20-22 for example. The newer translations say that "the kingdom of God is among you." But the older translations like the Tyndall translations, the King James version, and the Holy Bible from Aramaic with the George Lamsa translation, as well as the Interlinear Bible with Hebrew, Greek and English says that "the kingdom of God is within us." That is an entirely different thing. I keep seeking because so much, like the Nag Hammadi Scriptures for so long were hidden from us.

I think this sheds  new light on the topic of one covenant or two.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've been interested in reading the Nag Hammadi, or Gnostic Gospels for some time now, but haven't had the opportunity to immerse myself into them due to work and family obligations. So, I do thank you in sharing these with your insights.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, Key said:

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've been interested in reading the Nag Hammadi, or Gnostic Gospels for some time now, but haven't had the opportunity to immerse myself into them due to work and family obligations. So, I do thank you in sharing these with your insights.

That's OK. Since then, I have posted another couple posts on the Secret Book Of James, which I divided into two parts. I should also post them here in the ULC forum. They are also on my website: https://enlightenmentministriesrevlindahourihan.wordpress.com/. Let me get them on the forum too.

4 hours ago, cuchulain said:

i always wonder about the gospel of the only scribe in the bunch and why its missing...even the illiterates of the group had a book.  why not judas?

Actually, they did, supposedly, recently find a "Book of Judas". Naturally, it is very old, tattered, and incomplete.

21 hours ago, ChristLight said:

That's OK. Since then, I have posted another couple posts on the Secret Book Of James, which I divided into two parts. I should also post them here in the ULC forum. They are also on my website: https://enlightenmentministriesrevlindahourihan.wordpress.com/. Let me get them on the forum too.

Yes, I have been reading your contributions, as well. Well written pieces.

5 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

i would read it even in fragments.  

it always interested me that the man with so many enemies accorrding to the bible...had no enemies write propaganda against him.  such a basic tool thaat the romans used regularly, yet not here.

i guess its a lack that adds to my disbelief.

There was a book published with the translation of it about, at least, a year after it was found. The finding of missing fragments for the Book of Mary happened before that, so it got hidden in the news for awhile.

Wish I had gotten it now. There was also a National Geographic collector's edition with all the Gnostic Gospels, which also covered a bit of the Book of Judas. (Again, wish I bought it.)  

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, cuchulain said:

i would read it even in fragments.  

it always interested me that the man with so many enemies accorrding to the bible...had no enemies write propaganda against him.  such a basic tool thaat the romans used regularly, yet not here.

i guess its a lack that adds to my disbelief.

Sorry for the delay in my response. The only people that I read of who did speak against Jesus were the Jewish Pharisees and the Sadducees of his time, pretty much saying that he was a fraud. I have read stories handed down through the Jewish oral tradition, that the back wall of the tomb was a movable stone, that Jesus body was stolen, and that story has been told to this very day. I took a class from an energy teacher, whose mother was of the Jewish faith. The teacher told this story in the process of teaching something else. I was surprised it was still being promulgated today. Many New Age people think Jesus was merely a prophet. For me, there are simply too many miracles noted, for me to dismiss them. I think it is always good to keep seeking.

17 hours ago, ChristLight said:

Sorry for the delay in my response. The only people that I read of who did speak against Jesus were the Jewish Pharisees and the Sadducees of his time, pretty much saying that he was a fraud. I have read stories handed down through the Jewish oral tradition, that the back wall of the tomb was a movable stone, that Jesus body was stolen, and that story has been told to this very day. I took a class from an energy teacher, whose mother was of the Jewish faith. The teacher told this story in the process of teaching something else. I was surprised it was still being promulgated today. Many New Age people think Jesus was merely a prophet. For me, there are simply too many miracles noted, for me to dismiss them. I think it is always good to keep seeking.

if a tomb was produced that could be shown we would have something to debate, but seeing as nobody has a tomb of christ, empty or full, we'll not know one way or the other.

as to miracles being written down, there's an author named Homer who wrote about all sorts of divine intervention on behalf of the greek and roman pantheons which i give equal credence to the christian myths.  many oral traditional stories about tarannus and briga and maeve from celtic cultures, which hold equal value as well.

4 hours ago, cuchulain said:

if a tomb was produced that could be shown we would have something to debate, but seeing as nobody has a tomb of christ, empty or full, we'll not know one way or the other.

as to miracles being written down, there's an author named Homer who wrote about all sorts of divine intervention on behalf of the greek and roman pantheons which i give equal credence to the christian myths.  many oral traditional stories about tarannus and briga and maeve from celtic cultures, which hold equal value as well.

I can understand that point of view. I've even questioned these things myself. I question everything. But one thing I cannot deny are my personal experiences in prayer and at other times when I feel God's presence. There really are no words to describe the indescribable.

50 minutes ago, ChristLight said:

I can understand that point of view. I've even questioned these things myself. I question everything. But one thing I cannot deny are my personal experiences in prayer and at other times when I feel God's presence. There really are no words to describe the indescribable.

if god exists and wants me to know it, i am sure he can figure out how to convince me before eternal hellfire...if he cares to.

7 hours ago, cuchulain said:

if god exists and wants me to know it, i am sure he can figure out how to convince me before eternal hellfire...if he cares to.

True. I think our hearts are restless until we find God, the Father of Jesus. I say it that way because as humans, we tend to worship many "gods." The quest is noble. Never give up the quest I say. The bible says God is love. I believe that. I also think we all have a God particle within us, no matter what our belief system is. I think that has to do with the light within us. I think we all find God, if we ever really do, in our own ways. So much of how we explain our beliefs is semantics.