What happens when you die..(Atheists encouraged to reply)

mieshec

Its confusing to me when I here people's comments, with lack of knowledge, answer questions that comes up with an unintelligent answer. Here's the Challenge.....Without boring me.....without submitting an absurd replacement for the fictional Holy Bible you've read little of........GIVE ME AN ANSWER......If you die....what would you want out of death.....you think your done....end of story ......That's All Folks........Dirt Nap......or would you want something more......if you had knowledge of an answer.....where no answer could be found ........would you investigate further.....Of ALL the Books ever found or published......is their a book that goes beyond the grave.....with substantial proof......that their is an existence.......beyond the grave.........what if their was a book.......what if their was God........but what you only know.... is what they feed you on Sunday.......suppressing the truth beyond the grave.....Heavenly Pictures.....Angels with wings........What if you were given a chance to see the earth in perfection......live in this new earth......but things are slightly different.....No boundaries.......their are no dimensions....both far and wide.......A HUGE CASTLE LIKE CITY UPON A MOUNTAIN....How about hugging a Lion......I live in the Pacific Northwest.....I want to see 80lb Salmon choke the Columbia River .....Is their a Book.....that says the earth will be restored......think about living Forever.......How is God going to keep us amused for an eternity.......Im a big nature freak......Ive seen the Pacific Northwest in the 60's.....still slightly wild.....you here tales of 1000's.......tens of thousands......The Native Americans called them Thunderbeast......They would Stampede across the great plains and the ground would shake............IS THEIR A BOOK.......its not lost.......What man selfishly eliminates......God will restore........FIND ME A BOOK......80lb Salmon in the Snake River.....its not lost......If you could see a city of Gold.......and live in it......WITH GOD......FOREVER..........Wouldnt you want this.....I mean you dont have to do anything for it.......you dont have to tell your wife.......or your drug dealer (i have)......Just go hide in the closet........keep it a secret.....only you and God are the only ones that need to know......JUST BELIEVE.......HOW SIMPLE CAN IT BE......your spirit will either live in death......or live and abide in Gods perfection.....wouldnt you want that....... 

I have seen some fairly compelling evidence for reincarnation. I am not a believer, by any stretch of the term. In point of fact, I tend to pooh-pooh the idea. But I have seen evidence that I can't explain away. At least not without without resorting to calling people liars or fools with no real cause to do so other than that they make claims that run contrary to my preconceptions. 

As for what I want versus what the Bible promises, I see no way there can be evil in the world created by an all-powerful God, unless that all-powerful God is evil. I find the story of Revelations morally repugnant and, quite frankly, horrifying. 

I would rather be punished for doing the right thing than rewarded for doing wrong. I would rather burn for standing up for my loved ones than live forever knowing any of them suffer.

Edited by mererdog
  • Like 1

I don't KNOW what to expect, to be honest I have a feeling that this particular member might be more open minded than many others, and so I am kind of testing the waters to see how my responses might be taken.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I often find myself trying at least to give people the benefit of the doubt and hoping.  Maybe he is legitimately curious about how we as Atheists can NOT believe in the things that he has accepted as basic truths of the world.  Maybe he hasn't had a whole lot of contact with Atheists in his every day life and just doesn't know that much about it, and he might even be reaching out to see what kinds of doubts resonate with him.

It might all be just like Johnathan thinks, too.

My mind isn't made up yet.  :)  

• Like 1

I imagine the Atheistic reply to that question would be; "Nothing" :)... So the follow-up question'; "If you die....what would you want out of death?" becomes irrelevant, because nothing comes out of death, its an end to existence, dust to dust.. Imo, Atheist and Christians don't have a proof based definitive answer to what happens after you die, only Agnostics have logically derived the only correct answer, everything else is belief. 

10 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

I imagine the Atheistic reply to that question would be; "Nothing" :)... So the follow-up question'; "If you die....what would you want out of death?" becomes irrelevant, because nothing comes out of death, its an end to existence, dust to dust.. Imo, Atheist and Christians don't have a proof based definitive answer to what happens after you die, only Agnostics have logically derived the only correct answer, everything else is belief. 

Atheism is concerned only with Theism.  There is no uniformity of belief or opinion on any other topic.       :mellow:

SO....i guess what im trying to get at......I didnt find.......Im 56.....Ive studied ancient history......I started a relationship with God when I was 8 or 9.....My 30 year old son is an atheist....Ive questioned Priests....Monks.....Pastors......Evryday people.....some people cant seem to stare into a mirror.....and agree.....theirs much more to me.....than what me knows.....and thats the truth.....I went to a Baptist church in the 60's.....normally my parents and family would attend....but I started going to church by myself at the age of 8.....this Baptist church I went to......I felt comfort......I was a troubled child.....ADHD.....Hyperactive....They had NO IDEA what I had....ADHD wasnt known....from second grade to sixth.....I was a distraction in class....I was told to grab my ankles.....BIG BIG BOARD....3 wacks....at least twice or maybe more thru the year.......I hated life....I was a mess when I was a kid.......As I went to this Baptist Church.....Normal Sunday school....but they took us from the Sunday school rooms and brought us into the sanctuary.....and they had this big projection on a screen.....It was people going to heaven....but some didnt make it....and it was like a detour from the people going to heaven......into the fires of HELL.....I freaked......Psychologist got involved......my dad was a Cop (Thats a story)....he went to the Church....They wanted to know what rocked me....That's what put..... ME.....on the path......Ive been in some very bad situations in my life......Ive been a drug addict and an alcoholic.....ALL MY LIFE.....some situations.... are like I slipped out of a pair handcuffs.....vanishing into the darkness of my life.......I KNOW.......God is with me.....He was with me at 8......and still continues......I have this friend.....he's more than just a friend....he's about as close to me as any brother would be.....Its a great story.....I was 19.....had a 14 year old girlfriend and having a baby.....Whats weird.....Im 19.......he's 19.......his wife is 19.....and we all have our birthdays in the same month......Im the oldest.....My birthday....11/11/1961......his father was a pastor for the Church of Christ.....but that ended because of what his father was teaching......As I was taught....sufficiency of scripture.....And this is not what im finding with all kinds of faiths and religion and people......people have a slight......IM NOT SURE.....when it comes to God.......and ive said......." MY EYES ARE OPEN".......God is the foundation of my life......and no matter how many times I give him the finger.....or when Im popping pills chasing it with a bottle of liquor......Im a fountain of great Christian knowledge.....its like swimming in a pool of God......evryday.......I feel as if im alone....because their is nobody quite on the playing field.......that I play on.......But thats OK......ive always been a loner.....Ive remember having days as a child......Id go right for my bedroom wall......3/4 inch drywall.....Id put my head right thru it....than I would go downstairs......under the basement stairs ....my parents had a storage area.....I know how to amuse myself....their was a small little box 45 record player.....I would escape into the music.....Ricky Nelson....Iron Butterfly......Patsy Cline....Bobby Vinton.....Duane Eddy.........Music plays a huge roll in my life......I wish I could paint a picture of my life.....but it would probably look like something Van Gogh painted....Another weird anomaly about my 19 year old relationship with my friends.....They still live happily married.....house in the country......but my brother in Christ .....we are like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde.....My brother studies his book evryday......he is INSANE in his knowledge.......we believe the same......we have differences......I just take it to a different level.....My 14 year old girlfriend became my wife for 17 years...we had 3 kids....Religion comes into play once again.....The Foundation of God which im building on....I believe in one Love.....ill never marry again......and Ill always be in love with her...I find comfort in knowing....im not following how the rest of the wold deals with divorce.....im dealing with it according to scripture......and God punished me in the worst of ways.....My life is such a disaster....and this is another....EYES OPEN thing......just like my friends ......MY MOM.......places in scripture......my wife....... Ive loved all my life .....with ALL my heart.....It was exhausting......it was more pain than ill ever wish to deal with.....WOMEN....are insane......why would you want to do it over again.....you see God is not something thats a Sunday affair for me.....its something I build my life on.....ITS REAL.....ITS ALIVE.....and I know that when all is done and said.....Ill be at the Judgement seat pleading my case for the crimes committed against my spirit.....you can call it an illusion.......you can call it a historical document......But I Know This......NO ONE....absolutely NO ONE....can offer me......can present to me a better offer about (AFTERLIFE ???????).....NO.....the continuation of my Spirit and the receiving of the final piece of me......and that final piece only happens when you believe in Gods amazing grace and sacrifice for ....MY HUMAN IMPERFECTION .....so that in Gods perfection....(Its where George Lucas got his idea)....The final piece of Me is the Holy Spirit.....God is in me......he is thru me.......and God binds me......to God..............Find me a Book......that says what God says........I will be your father.....and you will be my son......in evrything the father knows.....so will the son......FIND ME A BOOK......the Holy Scripture.....is a glimmer of Hope.....its a vision of Gods kingdom.....if you want to vision of nothingness.....thats your choice.....Im thinking......living in the City of God.......is going to be amazing

"The Native Americans called them Thunderbeast......They would Stampede across the great plains and the ground would shake............IS THEIR A BOOK....."  What tribe are you  speaking of??? To say Native Americans is a false statement as we are not all alike, we have different Creation stories, different languages, beliefs and traditions. If this is difficult to comprehend, are the English, Iranians, Greek and Italians all alike? Also, I think you mean "There rather than Their".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you my brother,

cough cough...ahem?  Is this really what you think of me?  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Silly man.  You're a friend who is also a preacher.  Not the same thing at all.

I don't need my friends to agree with me.

:thumbu: