Sabbath: What is it, when is it, and how to honor it.

37 minutes ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

Apparently there is nowhere in any of these forums where my message will be appreciated. So at this point, all I can do is to continue to put out messeges and just not answer the comments because nothing that I ever say will sway anyone here. Yes. My choice is my chpice, to answer the call of God and to do the work he asked of me or to ignore is call. I chose to accept it even though I knew I would be persecuted, hated and possibly killed for doing his work and believing in him. That is my choice and I made it, as you have all made your choices and that is your right. I won't stop bringing his message to the world just because noone here chooses to believe. If even one person on this forum reading these messages is brought to the LORD then it was worth it. Peace be to all of you for this is my last public comment. Anyone who wants to know more can send me a private message and I will be happy to teach you more. 

ReverenDaveULC

Speaking strictly for myself -- Don't go away mad.  Just go away.  

38 minutes ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

Apparently there is nowhere in any of these forums where my message will be appreciated. So at this point, all I can do is to continue to put out messeges and just not answer the comments because nothing that I ever say will sway anyone here. Yes. My choice is my chpice, to answer the call of God and to do the work he asked of me or to ignore is call. I chose to accept it even though I knew I would be persecuted, hated and possibly killed for doing his work and believing in him. That is my choice and I made it, as you have all made your choices and that is your right. I won't stop bringing his message to the world just because noone here chooses to believe. If even one person on this forum reading these messages is brought to the LORD then it was worth it. Peace be to all of you for this is my last public comment. Anyone who wants to know more can send me a private message and I will be happy to teach you more. 

ReverenDaveULC

so...it comes.  peace and tolerance but only for those who agree with you.  von said NOTHING disrespectful.  you wouldn't last if you continued preaching your intolerance, friend.

1 minute ago, cuchulain said:

so...it comes.  peace and tolerance but only for those who agree with you.  von said NOTHING disrespectful.  you wouldn't last if you continued preaching your intolerance, friend.

It's amazing, how many people come here -- trolling for followers.  Then they leave when nobody follows.  One more would be shepherd has pushed off --  and good riddance.  

1 minute ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

It's amazing, how many people come here -- trolling for followers.  Then they leave when nobody follows.  One more would be shepherd has pushed off --  and good riddance.  

i think he'll be back...combative as ever.  just a hunch, though.

4 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

As usual cuchulain you have it wrong. I only say that the ones who respond are ones who will never be swayed so there is no point in trying to reach the unreachble since all you seem to get out of my messages is negativity. So peace to you and tolerance of your belief and my right to no longer engage in iddle words

6 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Have not been pushed off Johnathan but thanks for letting everyone know how you truely feel. We are suppose to support one another, not be cruel and demeaning but that is human nature and you have my pity. Maybe you all should have understood that being ordained through a church has religious meaning pr maybe you all did it as a way to line your pockets by performing ceremonies to would be couples. My conscience is clear. My message has been sent and not recieved the same as a long line of ones before me. So good riddence to me? Thats ok, here is my other cheek so you may smack that one too. Peace be too you brother

12 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

i think he'll be back...combative as ever.  just a hunch, though.

Never combative as you seem to be. I bring only peace and truth. It is how you perceive the message and again, i am sorry for you. 

25 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Speaking strictly for myself -- Don't go away mad.  Just go away.  

And I dont go away mad. But I would ask that you stop.Now it just seems like the masses are ganging up on me to try to quiet what I have to say. I have as much right to speak what I believe as you all do and I do it without hostility which is what you both are becoming. Hostile And once again the message is lost un the circus

5 minutes ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

Have not been pushed off Johnathan but thanks for letting everyone know how you truely feel. We are suppose to support one another, not be cruel and demeaning but that is human nature and you have my pity. Maybe you all should have understood that being ordained through a church has religious meaning pr maybe you all did it as a way to line your pockets by performing ceremonies to would be couples. My conscience is clear. My message has been sent and not recieved the same as a long line of ones before me. So good riddence to me? Thats ok, here is my other cheek so you may smack that one too. Peace be too you brother

Never combative as you seem to be. I bring only peace and truth. It is how you perceive the message and again, i am sorry for you. 

I said that you had "pushed off" like a boat leaving land.  Not that you were "pushed out".

How can I miss you if you don't leave?

I don't want your cheeks.  That's not how I roll.  

:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I said that you had "pushed off" like a boat leaving land.  Not that you were "pushed out".

How can I miss you if you don't leave?

I don't want your cheeks.  That's not how I roll.  

:rolleyes:

Again, you misunderstand. Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 

Meaning, I offer only peace in spite of your hostility.

1 hour ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

Again, you misunderstand. Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 

Meaning, I offer only peace in spite of your hostility.

we have only responded to you, care to show otherwise?

I don't understand how all this bickering came out of a wonderfully worded sermon from Dave.  This is Dave's opinion and I respect him for that.  Personally I also agree with him on the original post.  Even if I didn't agree however, it's his opinion. When people start bickering back and forth because you don't agree, it takes away from the meaning of the original post.  Can we just agree to disagree and move on?  At least Dave put his feeling out there.  So some people don't agree. How about those people write a sermon and post it here to express their feelings?  That's what this is for. 

I say, keep at it Dave.

36 minutes ago, FredClaus said:

I don't understand how all this bickering came out of a wonderfully worded sermon from Dave.  This is Dave's opinion and I respect him for that.  Personally I also agree with him on the original post.  Even if I didn't agree however, it's his opinion. When people start bickering back and forth because you don't agree, it takes away from the meaning of the original post.  Can we just agree to disagree and move on?  At least Dave put his feeling out there.  So some people don't agree. How about those people write a sermon and post it here to express their feelings?  That's what this is for. 

I say, keep at it Dave.

Thank you Fred, exactly what I was trying to convey and thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

• Like 1

I didn't intend to bicker.  You may believe that or not, that's your choice...

This is how simple it is for me.  This is a forum.  I am here to learn about other people's beliefs and ideas, as well as to share my own.  In order to do that, I encounter new members like Dave here, who has ideas that are clearly different than mine.  I certainly don't disparage your ideas, Dave.  Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, and maybe I didn't communicate myself very well.  Honestly, I don't think the former is the case, but maybe I didn't.  I was simply trying to point out that in the spirit of getting along, it might not be wise to disparage an entire religion(in this case, you were saying negatives about Catholics as a whole).  You took that as an attack...

So maybe at this point it would behoove me to say that I view disagreement as a simple disagreement, not as an attack.  Maybe you, Dave, view it differently?  I am not attacking you, I am merely discussing your ideas.  But if you go back, you became very defensive very fast, for...well, nothing really.  You were preaching.  Even Fred, who agrees with you, states that you were giving a good sermon...SERMON.  All I did initially was point out that maybe it would be better situated there.  That's all, and you took simple advice, advice which you certainly weren't obliged to take, as a direct attack.  

This is all the advice I will give about this particular branch of conversation.  I simply thought it was a sermon, as Fred clearly stated he did as well.  I thought it would be better situated in the Preachin'  section.  That's it.  If you take that as an attack, you have very soft feelings and cannot accept criticism very well at all.  As well, this is a forum where people disagree regularly.  Disagreement is NOT attack.  It's simply a difference in opinion.  In this case, I had the opinion that your sermon belonged elsewhere, and stated it.  I didn't flag your post, I didn't attack you as a person, all I did was suggest that maybe you shouldn't blanket statement negatively about Catholics.  And I still hold that opinion.  I'm not even Catholic...but I don't like to see others attacked broadly in such a manner.  You believe it to be truth, and you think that's a shield for your attack?  Reread those Terms of Service, friend, that you agreed to when signing up for this website.  You are not allowed to disparage other people's faith.  

That's my little rant.  Take it or don't, doesn't bother me.  I think you may be reading more emotion in my posts than is present :)  

51 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

I didn't intend to bicker.  You may believe that or not, that's your choice...

This is how simple it is for me.  This is a forum.  I am here to learn about other people's beliefs and ideas, as well as to share my own.  In order to do that, I encounter new members like Dave here, who has ideas that are clearly different than mine.  I certainly don't disparage your ideas, Dave.  Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, and maybe I didn't communicate myself very well.  Honestly, I don't think the former is the case, but maybe I didn't.  I was simply trying to point out that in the spirit of getting along, it might not be wise to disparage an entire religion(in this case, you were saying negatives about Catholics as a whole).  You took that as an attack...

So maybe at this point it would behoove me to say that I view disagreement as a simple disagreement, not as an attack.  Maybe you, Dave, view it differently?  I am not attacking you, I am merely discussing your ideas.  But if you go back, you became very defensive very fast, for...well, nothing really.  You were preaching.  Even Fred, who agrees with you, states that you were giving a good sermon...SERMON.  All I did initially was point out that maybe it would be better situated there.  That's all, and you took simple advice, advice which you certainly weren't obliged to take, as a direct attack.  

This is all the advice I will give about this particular branch of conversation.  I simply thought it was a sermon, as Fred clearly stated he did as well.  I thought it would be better situated in the Preachin'  section.  That's it.  If you take that as an attack, you have very soft feelings and cannot accept criticism very well at all.  As well, this is a forum where people disagree regularly.  Disagreement is NOT attack.  It's simply a difference in opinion.  In this case, I had the opinion that your sermon belonged elsewhere, and stated it.  I didn't flag your post, I didn't attack you as a person, all I did was suggest that maybe you shouldn't blanket statement negatively about Catholics.  And I still hold that opinion.  I'm not even Catholic...but I don't like to see others attacked broadly in such a manner.  You believe it to be truth, and you think that's a shield for your attack?  Reread those Terms of Service, friend, that you agreed to when signing up for this website.  You are not allowed to disparage other people's faith.  

That's my little rant.  Take it or don't, doesn't bother me.  I think you may be reading more emotion in my posts than is present :)  

I believe the sermon in question that Fred was refering too was the one about the sabbath, which quotes much scripture and refers to 1 God, as the title of the forum posted in suggests. In case you didnt know the meaning of the word monotheistic it means 

relating to or characterized by the belief that there is only one God.
"a monotheistic religion". So as you had suggested I placed my Sermon into a forum title more appropriate as you pointed out to me. Yet, you still seem to have a problem with it and are also grouping 2 different discussions into one, my first post, and my second. You all have the to voice your opinion, it is your opinion. I don't need to reread the terms. By my original post it followed the guidelines. It followed philosophywhich by definition means:
  1. the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.
    • a particular system of philosophical thought.
      plural noun: philosophies
      "Schopenhauer’s philosophy"
    • the study of the theoretical basis of a particular branch of knowledge or experience.
      "the philosophy of science"
      synonyms: thinking, thought, reasoning
      "the philosophy of Aristotle"

And it also met the criteria of theory which by definition means:
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
"Darwin's theory of evolution"
synonyms: hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presupposition; More

• a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.
    "a theory of education"
  • an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.
     it was not to disparge but to explain a theory, one that many bible scholars have aggreed with. Did ya read what I said? Not bible believers, bible scholars, ones who study the bible. It was also backed up by history, history that is not very well known unlike the Jewish holicaust that everyone has heard about. You just want to make a big stink of it because you dont agree with it. Im not asking you to agree with it, but much of what I said was and is historical fact mixed with some philsophical theory. So my posting was legit where I had posted it but in trying to keep the peace i moved my next post elswhere and yet you still have a problem with it. So mabe we did get off on the wrong feet but can you much blame me. I came here with messages of peace and have been greeted by opression, negativity and rudeness by people here. Now before you get all uppity I want refering to you particularly on all counts. You have to admit some of Jonathans comment were quite rude.So much for we are all children of the same universe. Yes, only if we be quiet and sit in the corner maybe but thats not me. Since I have been here i have posted 2 posts and have not commented on or criticted anyone elses posts but yet mine are met with with pure opposition. I am just calling you all out on it. If that makes me seem weakskinned or whathaveyou then again thats your opinion but I can assure you my faith is much stronger than you may perceive and nothing that any of you can say will actually offend or hurt my feelings. As you have stated before, maybe things are lost in text or not comminicated correctly but I can assure you that you do not offend me in the least. I just know when I'm banging my head up against a brick wall. It does absolutely no good at all and this bickering as Fred called it is just that; beating my head against the wall because you are not seeking answers, your seeking to have a debate. 

I could say that I love the color black and you would debate me that black is not a color but the absence of color. Honestly, I think you just add yourself into topics to be the "monkey in the wrench" so to speak but hey, if thats what motivates you then keep on keeping on and I will do the same and keep being the "fly in your ointment" and keep preaching the word of God until my freedom in this forum is stripped away from me. Once again, no hostility assumed or given, peace be to you brother

5 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Oh, I get it.  It is still in my nature to be nice -- and polite.  The trouble is, I'm getting grumpy in my old age.  I see no reason to put up with crap.  My ability to put up with smug, ignorant preaching is vanishing.  OOps.  Did I say that out loud?

:mellow:

More hate speach from someone who obviously doesn't understand or care to understand the fact that we all have our own opinions. I'm getting up there in age as well but my ability to put up with nasty, ignorant attitudes towards people with opposing opinions is holding up pretty well. You can be as nasty as you want to me Johnathan because at the end of the day I still feel good about myself and no amout of your trash talk toward me or my beliefs will shake that. I'm sorry that you are so angry with religion and freedom of opinion. All I can wish for you is that you find peace and happiness, whatever that may be for you. You have a wondetful day brother.

8 hours ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

So, if there is just a small minute chance that I infact am right, then I would want to make totally sure I was never goingnto that place, how about you?

The problem I run into is that your prescription for a good eternity is not the only one I have been offered. No matter which path I take, there will be people telling me I am headed for Hell. If there are a million ways to be wrong and only one way to be right, how can I ever be totally sure? My impression is that I can't, so I've had to get comfortable with the idea that life is a gamble. Well... mostly comfortable...

If I believed in God, I could pray for guidance as you suggested. But I don't believe, so I can't pray. Not really. I could go through the motions, but it would be a lie, you know?

7 minutes ago, mererdog said:

The problem I run into is that your prescription for a good eternity is not the only one I have been offered. No matter which path I take, there will be people telling me I am headed for Hell. If there are a million ways to be wrong and only one way to be right, how can I ever be totally sure? My impression is that I can't, so I've had to get comfortable with the idea that life is a gamble. Well... mostly comfortable...

If I believed in God, I could pray for guidance as you suggested. But I don't believe, so I can't pray. Not really. I could go through the motions, but it would be a lie, you know?

And that is your right to believe. I mearly bring a message my friend. Just a message. What is done with that message is entirely up to the recipient of the message, choose to believe, choose to ignore, choose to argue and debate, or simple choose to "shoot the messenger" so to speak as some here have done. This is your right and your choice. I hold no ill will or hostility toward anyones belief or lack of. Again, it is just a message. Peace be to you.

• Amulet locked this topic