Revelations Chapter 17 explained

10 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

I think when you call someone power hungry, it's an opinion.  That's because its a subjective thing.  Power hungry to one person is something else to someone else, yes?  I tend to believe that things that are subjective are opinion.  "That color is green"..."Oh no, you can't call that green, it's celery"..."Oh that isn't celery at all, more a sea foam".  All of them are green to me, but hey...other people have different definitions, you know?

And if deseating Kings and declaring themselves more powerful then Kings of the nation and Emperors is not power hungry, then I don't know what is. Pope Gregory the 7th from the middle brand humbled Emperor Henry IV. In 1076 he called a council of bishops and proclaimed that the emperor could no longer rule his kingdom. Why? Because the emperor did not agree with the Pope. This is history. And what you speak of, green, celery as a matter of opinion? No sir, I have to call bs. That is nothing more than trying your hardest to disagree with absolutely everything and just be a hinderence for lack of something better to do. You claim you listen to people in hopes of finding truth of something you didnt know but in reality you dont want to find any truth, you just want to pick it apart, no matter how much fact is thrown in your face. I am not being hostile here, just giving my opinion as you have so graciously done to every single one of my posts

9 minutes ago, ReverendDaveULC said:

And if deseating Kings and declaring themselves more powerful then Kings of the nation and Emperors is not power hungry, then I don't know what is. Pope Gregory the 7th from the middle brand humbled Emperor Henry IV. In 1076 he called a council of bishops and proclaimed that the emperor could no longer rule his kingdom. Why? Because the emperor did not agree with the Pope. This is history. And what you speak of, green, celery as a matter of opinion? No sir, I have to call bs. That is nothing more than trying your hardest to disagree with absolutely everything and just be a hinderence for lack of something better to do. You claim you listen to people in hopes of finding truth of something you didnt know but in reality you dont want to find any truth, you just want to pick it apart, no matter how much fact is thrown in your face. I am not being hostile here, just giving my opinion as you have so graciously done to every single one of my posts

I admit that debating is something I enjoy.  If that's your opinion, that you already know everything, how do you expect to learn anything?  I fully admit I have faults, one of them is this in particular, this responding to people when I know I shouldn't.  I understand it's something of a fault, and I do try to work on it.  I fail, often.  Sometimes I succeed.  I do like to converse, and I am not trying to pick everything you say apart for any negative reasons.  I simply like people to converse and examine their own beliefs as they examine mine.  

I will acknowledge this.  Many religious people are power hungry, especially those who think they are in a position of power.  Knowledge is power, and those who believe they know believe they have more power than those who don't.  And often act accordingly.

56 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

I admit that debating is something I enjoy.  If that's your opinion, that you already know everything, how do you expect to learn anything?  I fully admit I have faults, one of them is this in particular, this responding to people when I know I shouldn't.  I understand it's something of a fault, and I do try to work on it.  I fail, often.  Sometimes I succeed.  I do like to converse, and I am not trying to pick everything you say apart for any negative reasons.  I simply like people to converse and examine their own beliefs as they examine mine.  

I will acknowledge this.  Many religious people are power hungry, especially those who think they are in a position of power.  Knowledge is power, and those who believe they know believe they have more power than those who don't.  And often act accordingly.

Look, i do not know it all, far from it, and I am very humble. I do not claim to know it all but what I do know I back up with actual facts from multiple sources so that way people dont have to believe my word. They can go check it for themselves and can then come to their own conclusions but all the while realizing that it is NOT my opinion but indeed facts. You enjoy debating and thats fine as do I when there is something to debate. What you do is not debating. You feel the need to assume how I am feeling (hostile, offended, or anything else of that nature when in factvI am not but if you say it enough times maybe you think people will believe you. When I chose to say I was done discussiong this stuff with you you claim it was because I was offended and weakskinned. This alsi is incorrect. I chose to stop"debating" with you because i have delt with your type before. If I say its black you'll say its charcoal. If i say it stinks in here you'll say its fragrant. Everything I say you will argue it to be something else. This benefits noone other than maybe yourself in the thinking that your so "witty" This is not only childish but foolish as well. I speak with facts backed up by multiple sources, people like you argue back with no facts of their own, only nitpicking and accusations and assumption. It is not weakskinned to withdraw myself from these types of foolish discussions. It would be weakskinned to let my emotions control me into continuing to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual. Please dont take that as a rude insult but as fact. You have offered no real intellect or facts into our discussion, only slanderous accusations of me being hostile for your beliefs or weakskinned or any of the other things you have accused me of being or doing. I am quite done with you sir. I bear no ill will or hostility but unless you want to add something meaningful and factful that maybe I could investigate for myself then this conversation is quite over. I hope and pray you truely find what you are looking for and maybe then you'll have something better to do then pick silly debates (arguments) with people that are just trying to "do only that which is right". Good day sir

• Amulet locked this topic
  • Administrator
On 3/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, ReverendDaveULC said:

That's the problem with the world today. Everybody finds something offensive. I'm sorry if you find history offensive but it is history not an opinion. That is why there is freedom of speech and freedom of expression. You choose to believe there is no God. I choose to bellieve the word of God and choose to try and teach the truth to the masses. You have the choice to accept what I teach to be truth or to choose not to accept it. I don't condemn you for that choice or find what you say to be offensive. That's not for me to judge. In respect if you find what I have to say as offensive then kindly move on. I don't judge you, in return do not judge me, just respect the fact of my beliefs as I respect your beliefs of no belief at all. May God, whom you do not believe in, bless you and peace be to you.

Hello Reverend,

You are assuming that members are offended when really it is very possible and likely that your style of writing a response comes across as provoking and/or defensive. Whether that is actually the case, please keep in mind that in a forum setting, and especially when communicating by text, that it is often wise to add vocabulary that will properly convey the feeling you are trying to impart.

And to all members; please do not feel obligated to respond to everything that is posted.