Thank you, well, I just received a email today from ULC that I had been ordained in 19/02/2018 (sorry for wrong data), and I'm little bit confused and worried because I don't know if this ordination is really legit, what's more, I live in country where people actually don't think and don't do that kind of stuff, because majority is catholicism. So my questions are, does my ordination is really legit?, if so, what can I do as a minister?, can I baptize, make sermons, celebrate eucharist, make funerals and wedding?, does my ordination is legit in Polish government's eyes, because ULC seem to be worldwide, international.

Edited by Grzegorz

Well, that would be difficult because unofficially I was ex roman catholic, now I'm attending on lutheran sermons, personally I'm planning to start my own church, it's gonna be hard but with God's grace, I believe I can make it, so for example, I can celebrate eucharist without any hesistation?. As ordained minister, what title I can use, pastor, reverand, deacon, chaplain or minister? because I'm kinda confused

What do you mean by saying "your country has a quiet few laws concerning marriage"?

Well, in my country there are two types of weddings, civil wedding and church wedding, civil weddings are granted by a civil servant, the church weddings are given by a priest (depends on religion or Christian denomination), or a concordat wedding, fusion between a civil marriage and church weeding. I don't know about Polish law, because I'm not a lawyer, but I want to know if my ordination is legal by Polish law. As far as a title, so I can for example choose and be a pastor or reverand?

6 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

What do you mean by saying "your country has a quiet few laws concerning marriage"?

Well, in my country there are two types of weddings, civil wedding and church wedding, civil weddings are granted by a civil servant, the church weddings are given by a priest (depends on religion or Christian denomination), or a concordat wedding, fusion between a civil marriage and church weeding. I don't know about Polish law, because I'm not a lawyer, but I want to know if my ordination is legal by Polish law. As far as a title, so I can for example choose and be a pastor or reverand?

Not everyone here is a lawyer, either. So, to determine what is legal in your location is best to consult with one in your area who knows, or an official that records such events.

As for title, you are allowed to use whatever you deem is appropriate to your ministry or religion.

Okay I just sent online question to lawyer and I have to wait couple of days to receive the answer, so in brief, when I'm ordained, I can make for example eucharist? If so, can I do it for myself? I have no wine or host, can I use bread and water or juice? Where can I find instructions of how to perform eucharist, wedding, funeral and sermon?

On 2/24/2018 at 3:43 AM, Grzegorz said:

Okay I just sent online question to lawyer and I have to wait couple of days to receive the answer, so in brief, when I'm ordained, I can make for example eucharist? If so, can I do it for myself? I have no wine or host, can I use bread and water or juice? Where can I find instructions of how to perform eucharist, wedding, funeral and sermon?

You may perform all functions pertaining to your faith for your church or ministry, as long as it is legal according to the law of the land, as is indicated by the tenet of the ULC, "Do that which is right".

There is helpful reference material available in the ULC bookstore. You'll find a link at the bottom of the forum page that lists all the threads.

Some ministers have also found useful resources at a local library. Can't say for sure if that would be true of all libraries, though.

Perhaps you may even find something by researching online, too.

The bookstore is easiest for me. Might require more time for you to wait due to postal service and your distance.

Greetings to you my brother,

I saw your post on the Facebook group too, but I wanted to answer you here because the answers you are looking for somewhat involved.

Now first of all, please understand that the legal situation in America is probably different than in your home country of Poland.  I see you say that you have already been talking to a lawyer in your country, which is a very good thing because he's the only one who can tell you with any certainty if your ordination in the Universal Life Church would give you the authority to conduct a legal wedding. 

As to celebrating the Eucharist, many Protestant denominations don't use wine or the wafers a Catholic church would use.  In fact, in my denomination (I'm ordained in the United Methodist Church) we use regular Grape Juice and plain old bread.  Theologically, many faith traditions take the view that the valid elements to use for communion depend on what the staple food is in the country they are in.  For example, when I was in seminary, we had many students from the Philippines.  In their country, they often used rice wine and rice cakes.  

For instructions on how to do communions, baptism, funerals, your best bet would be to get the books of Worship from denominations that are prevalent in your nation, and you can see how they perform these acts.  I would caution you tho, that while in America, there are no laws about who can perform sacramental acts, I cannot swear that the situation is the same in your nation.  

As to preaching, there are literally hundreds of very good books that can give you ideas about how to construct a sermon.  There are also many many websites that can help you, such as https://www.sermoncentral.com/

Anyway, good luck in your ministry.  Let us know how things go.

Your brother in Christ,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you my brother,

I saw your post on the Facebook group too, but I wanted to answer you here because the answers you are looking for somewhat involved.

Now first of all, please understand that the legal situation in America is probably different than in your home country of Poland.  I see you say that you have already been talking to a lawyer in your country, which is a very good thing because he's the only one who can tell you with any certainty if your ordination in the Universal Life Church would give you the authority to conduct a legal wedding. 

As to celebrating the Eucharist, many Protestant denominations don't use wine or the wafers a Catholic church would use.  In fact, in my denomination (I'm ordained in the United Methodist Church) we use regular Grape Juice and plain old bread.  Theologically, many faith traditions take the view that the valid elements to use for communion depend on what the staple food is in the country they are in.  For example, when I was in seminary, we had many students from the Philippines.  In their country, they often used rice wine and rice cakes.  

For instructions on how to do communions, baptism, funerals, your best bet would be to get the books of Worship from denominations that are prevalent in your nation, and you can see how they perform these acts.  I would caution you tho, that while in America, there are no laws about who can perform sacramental acts, I cannot swear that the situation is the same in your nation.  

As to preaching, there are literally hundreds of very good books that can give you ideas about how to construct a sermon.  There are also many many websites that can help you, such as https://www.sermoncentral.com/

Anyway, good luck in your ministry.  Let us know how things go.

Your brother in Christ,

Rev. Calli

Far more helpful than I was, Rev Calli.