I resemble that remark.....

23 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

Yeah, I didn't even consider the gas & time to return the movie. Now, thinking of that, it becomes even more logical to rent online. Two gallons of gas pretty much covers the whole rental fee.

How far are you guys from a Redbox, and how bad is your vehicles MPG? I mean, my truck does 18 mpg, and the nearest Redbox to me is only a small fraction of that distance. So hardly a factor for me to even consider.

Netflix is slightly more preferable in regards to comparing fees and penalties, plus convenience of staying home and only going so far as the mailbox to retrieve or return product.

6 minutes ago, Key said:

How far are you guys from a Redbox, and how bad is your vehicles MPG? I mean, my truck does 18 mpg, and the nearest Redbox to me is only a small fraction of that distance. So hardly a factor for me to even consider.

Netflix is slightly more preferable in regards to comparing fees and penalties, plus convenience of staying home and only going so far as the mailbox to retrieve or return product.

I'm 15 miles from a Redbox. The wife's car gets a little over 30 mpg. That's a gallon to pick up a movie from Redbox and bring it home, and another gallon to return the movie and make it home.

Edited by Pastor Dave

To me, nothing compares to the "theater" experience, but I admit to spending 1/3 of my free-time in front of the tube....

I also spend more time viewing Netflix than any television station or cable channel, so $10/month divided by 50+ hours a month of viewing time (at MY convenience) is a heck of a bargain.