I resemble that remark.....

I just came from visiting a nice park by the river.   Beautiful day.

There were lots of kids (great sound to hear them giggle) ...and LOTS of dogs.

One caught my eye.....I didn't really know what I was looking at.   Her name is Molly.

Molly decided to come over and visit and she was a very nice dog.

When her owners caught up with her - I asked about the breed (unfamiliar to me) and 

was told Molly was a Portuguese Water dog.    I confirmed the same breed the Obama

family had in the White House.   

So the husband continued.....it was a smart dog, who believed everyone needed to meet her

(and we laughed) and he said she can sometimes be stubborn - - - - LIKE A WIFE.

You can tell he gets a laugh with this most of the time and she waited just long enough to add:

I represent that remark! 

Netting them another chuckle from listeners (my mom used to say: I resemble that remark) 

It might be fun to share a few of these little witty chuckle makers for all of us to at least attempt

to add some mirth to the world. 

Who else can share a witty, clever or thought provoking (KIND!) come back the rest of us

can tuck away into our interactions. 

When anyone notes how we all are - getting old - I always add....any day I am vertical is a good day.

NEXT?

(thx....von) 

10 minutes ago, VonNoble said:

I just came from visiting a nice park by the river.   Beautiful day.

There were lots of kids (great sound to hear them giggle) ...and LOTS of dogs.

One caught my eye.....I didn't really know what I was looking at.   Her name is Molly.

Molly decided to come over and visit and she was a very nice dog.

When her owners caught up with her - I asked about the breed (unfamiliar to me) and 

was told Molly was a Portuguese Water dog.    I confirmed the same breed the Obama

family had in the White House.   

So the husband continued.....it was a smart dog, who believed everyone needed to meet her

(and we laughed) and he said she can sometimes be stubborn - - - - LIKE A WIFE.

You can tell he gets a laugh with this most of the time and she waited just long enough to add:

I represent that remark! 

Netting them another chuckle from listeners (my mom used to say: I resemble that remark) 

It might be fun to share a few of these little witty chuckle makers for all of us to at least attempt

to add some mirth to the world. 

Who else can share a witty, clever or thought provoking (KIND!) come back the rest of us

can tuck away into our interactions. 

When anyone notes how we all are - getting old - I always add....any day I am vertical is a good day.

NEXT?

(thx....von) 

Yes.  It's good to be on the right side of the grass.

:D

4 hours ago, mark 45 said:

the movie.yes an older b movie.i think video stores still have it.

Actually, it was not a B movie. It's production cost, in1950, was right at the average production cost at the time. Richard Widmark was an A list star and Elia Kazan was an A list director. The movie won an Oscar for writing. 

The movie budget was not higher because back then most of the players were under contract to the studio.

Edited by RabbiO

there was a video store near me that closed a short time back.  i wasnt shocked. i prefer the store, but the dvds rarely were functional and the store owner always acted like i was personally destroying his business, all the while with a sign protesting redbox on his counter.  and turns out he charged three times what redbox did(i found out after he closed and i started using redbox...shh.). 

I think the last one around here closed about 5 years ago.

My wife and I were talking the other day and Redbox may be on the way out for us too.

Even though Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and others charge $4.99 for a movie rental it's probably worth it to us. We live 15 minutes from the nearest Redbox, so by the time you add 30 minutes of our time plus the gallon of gas round trip the $4.99 doesn't look quite as high.

On 2/3/2018 at 6:45 AM, Pastor Dave said:

We live 15 minutes from the nearest Redbox, so by the time you add 30 minutes of our time plus the gallon of gas round trip the $4.99 doesn't look quite as high.

I don't use Redbox because I dont want to commit to bringing the discs back on time. Too many times, a $1.50 rental turned into $4.50 rental. I would rather commit to paying a higher fee that I know is the total fee. It keeps the budget on track, especially when renting multiple movies.

My brother-in-law had to go on deployment without taking back the two Redbox discs in his glove box. It cost him more than fifty bucks. But, hey, now he owns two movies he doesn't like...

20 hours ago, mererdog said:

I don't use Redbox because I dont want to commit to bringing the discs back on time. Too many times, a $1.50 rental turned into $4.50 rental. I would rather commit to paying a higher fee that I know is the total fee. It keeps the budget on track, especially when renting multiple movies.

My brother-in-law had to go on deployment without taking back the two Redbox discs in his glove box. It cost him more than fifty bucks. But, hey, now he owns two movies he doesn't like...

Yeah, I didn't even consider the gas & time to return the movie. Now, thinking of that, it becomes even more logical to rent online. Two gallons of gas pretty much covers the whole rental fee.