Recycle bin of life

A sincere-to-save-my-soul-person  (and his Sunday go to meeting, attired silent wife) knocked on my door not long ago.

They had big smiles and he asked what I thought God wanted me to do with my life.

i smiled right back at him and said, "What God... or which god?

He stopped smiling.   She stopped smiling. I was still grinning.    He started again and I interrupted him (politely) & told him in my faith (without using a label) there is no God!    That was met with utter disbelief.    He had found a unicorn!

Since all conversation came to a halt I added a jump start.    I explained I don't understand the usefulness of heaven, hell, the concept of sin.    I suggested to him that him since I believe I am going to recycle through life another time or two - it is likely we might want to find a new topic to chat about.  LOOooong pause.  Then he asked if he could give me a brochure... I said, "Of course... and after I read it I will recycle that too ".   

Recycling is very useful.  

Anyone else a spiritual recycler? ;)

von

i wondered if you would start a new topic based on this,and you didn't disappoint :).

spiritual re- cyclist?i am a"salad bar buddhist"(wish i could remember who i got that from),so no,nothing spiritual.but i do hold to the belief(can't think of a better word at the moment)of "re-cycling".

who knows von,we may meet up on the next trip around.

just to be sure,you are referring to reincarnation,not transmigration?

18 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

On this point, I will plead Agnosticism.  Reincarnation might be the case.  Also, reincarnation might not be the case. 

The body should recycle back to the biosphere.

i hadn't thought of that.the body does go back to the earth.the rest is theory.

1 minute ago, mererdog said:

This seems like a good time to mention that you can arrange in advance to have your body donated for use as research material. You can be Ghost Doctor! Yes, Ghost Doctor, saving lives From Beyond The Grave!

http://www.sciencecare.com

Excellent point!    And yes perfectly timed. THANK you.

Years ago I signed all the necessary forms for a donation to a medical school ( this was long ago....I don't think that is required any more)....my attorney and I had a good laugh because I wanted to request my corpse go to Harvard medical school to say I was admitted there.:lol:

Incidentally, I also donated any useable parts before heading to the land of scientific discovery. I have use any organ alert tag on my keychain,  in my wallet and in my will collection of legal stuff.

PERFECT suggestion ... thanks!!!

von

don't know about where you live.but in indiana and michigan,if you leave your body to science(or medical school),you cannot be an organ donor.however,the state or the medical school will provide a cremation for your relatives(or survivors)free of charge,once they are done with your body.

i am a any organ donor on my drivers license,and my medical power of attorney.

although i like the idea of being admitted to harvard medical.

1 hour ago, mark 45 said:

don't know about where you live.but in indiana and michigan,if you leave your body to science(or medical school),you cannot be an organ donor.however,the state or the medical school will provide a cremation for your relatives(or survivors)free of charge,once they are done with your body.

It's a grave decision.

1 hour ago, mark 45 said:

I plead ignorance.    I have an appointment to have everything updated in January...i well may find out my new state has the same laws as Michigan.    That's one of my motivations to go get it all reviewed after crossing state lines.    Appreciate you giving me a notice of the differences

The last time I did this they told me they would harvest the very few donations... they could use immediately....then ship the body to cold storage to be used as needed for any number of different places.    I indicated the family did not need to or want to be notified when  they were done as it could be months later.   (Especially if you died with something interesting). ^_^

Thx

von

Dear Von Noble; I love your response to the door people, LOL, recycle is good!   We have a sign on our door that says "A Joyous Officiant"  we do weddings at the house and elopements.  What amazes me is how many people still knock and must not understand the term "Officiant" at least that is the benefit of the doubt I'm giving them .  The J.W.s  hold there annual convention in our town in Jan. so we get a lot of door knockers around that time,  the sign helps but some from some local Christian church's also will just leave a pamphlet which does get recycled.   I like your out look and appreciate the laugh.  

• 3 weeks later...

When I was working with very intelligent, witty 86 year old....who knew death was fast approaching she demanded I tell her what to expect.     

The doctor had assurred her he could manage the pain.    She had asked the chaplain not to return to her room ever... she had strong opinions to be sure.     

One if the case workers thought i might help her her as she was expressing great fear about the process of crossing over.

We were in borrowed time so I made my visits short but often.    Over the next few hours ...and thankfully days (we got lucky)...she found her own way and her own understanding 

it it sort of settled on the fact the process didn’t matter all that much.... we determined whatever happened it would be less pain than now.....she had done way more right than wrong and she had won some major victories to help people for a long time to come.

she counted up her score herself and decided she had done quite well with her life.   Fear went away 

the last thing she she said was she would see me again....I was at peace with that as was she....

Life with training wheels sort of :blink:

its a REcycle thing

von