Apple 8, X....new watch

VonNoble

14 hours ago, mererdog said:

I miss my Xperia. The camera was absolutely awesome. I have pictures I took on the beach in the middle of the night with no flash, and they look like daytime shots. I'm not good with having a sheet of glass in my pocket, though, so I'm no longer allowed to have expensive phones. The wife put her foot down. What can I do?

The traditional response is -- Yes dear.

:lol:

• Like 1

After joining a free local Apple support group (at least I seek help when I need it) ...and following several postings

about the Apple 8  - I think I am going to wait till after the first of the year to purchase one.  It seems there are a few

bugs to work out (for sure on the X but I had decided against one of those - I just don't use it enough to justify it. 

But even the 8 seems to have maybe been rushed out to market.   

von

18 hours ago, VonNoble said:

After joining a free local Apple support group (at least I seek help when I need it) ...and following several postings

about the Apple 8  - I think I am going to wait till after the first of the year to purchase one.  It seems there are a few

bugs to work out (for sure on the X but I had decided against one of those - I just don't use it enough to justify it. 

But even the 8 seems to have maybe been rushed out to market.   

von

Everything is rushed out to market.  The days when all the bugs are ironed out, before being rushed to market are all gone.  Now, we all buy the product for the privilege  of being beta testers.  

Things change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made the decision to buy an Apple 8 instead of the X (thanks to all for assisting with that decision) .....I have no idea if there will be any sale before, during or after the holidays so I am holding off on that purchase just in case I can catch a break. 

However, having said that - if I had not already made the decision to not buy a X the current crop of problems would be off putting .   The thing I find amazing is that in spite of a significant bit of not-quite-finished-with-this tweaking by Apple the darn thing is sold out and backordered.   Eh.....THAT I do not get.  I get wanting the newest thing but maybe at that price its best to let them finish working the bugs out of it before plunking down the money - maybe. 

Now, I was talking to some long time tech-heads (been at it since the late 60's) and they tell me Apple pretty much is now designing things to implode (become not financially fixable) in a less than four year time span.  If you buy Apple - you better plan on replacing what ever you buy in the four year window...the batteries won't last - or they won't be worth fixing if you try to send them back in......anyone else hearing that?

ALSO - if you DO send something in for a battery change - you do NOT get your original item back. They give you a "exact replacement"....send yours to the home office to be refurbished and old but YOU DO NOT retain the equipment.   You go home with a replacement item...anyone know about that?

von

• 4 weeks later...

Good to hear Von,

I'm a IT Quality Manager and have been "at it"  for some time too (early 80's) and I must say that from my perspective the world isn't that black/white; yes, companies (in general) are inclined to "stimulate consumption" (it's more noticeable in "white goods" where the washing machines and fridges form the 60's and 70's were made "to last" and now adays companies make them deliberately to lesser quality standards as to "stimulate" consumers to buy replacements earlier on. But having said that I also type this on an MacBook Air (early 2014) and my wife still uses an Iphone 5S (late 2013), and they're still going strong.

As far as the "replacement" item; yes, I was aware of that. Dutch consumer laws are pretty strict and still "they" are allowed todo so, as long as it is an "exact replacement". I understand tat too; it is a lot cheaper to have a "standard" procedure than to custom replace everything that comes in. This is good business practice, and as long as it is an "exact" replacement (or better, as Dutch law demands) I see no problem with that...  (And you wouldn't either, as "ignorance was bliss"... ;) ) Having been through that "proces" once, I must admit I was more satisfied with the overall service (getting a working Macbook back with all my apps, pictures and working files) than being overly concerned about the materials "in hand"...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, Harrisson said:

Guys, what do you think, is it okay to make a church mobile app? There're some tutorials how to make it -  church app development and what will God say if I made one?

A good idea! But which android developers should you choose? Nowadays many people offer similar services, but it is very difficult to choose good ones.

• 7 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, JohnDove said:

A good idea! But which android developers should you choose? Nowadays many people offer similar services, but it is very difficult to choose good ones.

Hello. Mobile application development is very expensive process. If you really need top team of Android developers, you can check  https://madappgang.com/platforms/android cause I built my android app there. Dont try to save on your app, cause this is not the best idea. Quality will bring audience to you.

Edited by andrewstevenson