2) I am sure I am an easy mark when 

I go into any electronics place to buy something... I ask questions but often

feel my head start to spin when sales 

people explain it

I have a low dollar Apple wach.   After a 

decade plus if not needing or wanting a

watch... I was intrigued with the fitness

watch craze.    I like it as a reminder- record

type tool.  I really like the little reminder gizmo to stop and take a minute to breathe.  

i had intended to get a new one as a package deal with the X phone around the end of the year

After looking at reviews online... there seems to be connectivity issues with the new version of the watch ( that I 

do not understand) so I am folding the money over and skipping any upgrade.

The one I have now is working fine.  There is no need to change that

But my phone is getting  old (like me) and more than one place this past year told me I needs new version of it.  ( planned obsolescence?)  as the guts ( my understanding) although currently-  working... are less able to keep up.    I am told I need a " smarter" version of my smart phone.  

I am reasonably confident the 8 version of the phone will handle all I need to do.  I am

Wondering why anyone would want an X version?   Am I missing something?   Is 

there any reason a non-jet setter would have a use for  a X?   Thx 

von

9 hours ago, VonNoble said:

There is zero point in pretending I

even understand remotely the 

electronic devises I already have....

1) I am certain the devices can do

way more than I use them to do

2) I am sure I am an easy mark when 

I go into any electronics place to buy something... I ask questions but often

feel my head start to spin when sales 

people explain it

I have a low dollar Apple wach.   After a 

decade plus if not needing or wanting a

watch... I was intrigued with the fitness

watch craze.    I like it as a reminder- record

type tool.  I really like the little reminder gizmo to stop and take a minute to breathe.  

i had intended to get a new one as a package deal with the X phone around the end of the year

After looking at reviews online... there seems to be connectivity issues with the new version of the watch ( that I 

do not understand) so I am folding the money over and skipping any upgrade.

The one I have now is working fine.  There is no need to change that

But my phone is getting  old (like me) and more than one place this past year told me I needs new version of it.  ( planned obsolescence?)  as the guts ( my understanding) although currently-  working... are less able to keep up.    I am told I need a " smarter" version of my smart phone.  

I am reasonably confident the 8 version of the phone will handle all I need to do.  I am

von

I don't have a smart phone at all.  I don't need a device in my pocket that has a higher IQ than mine.  I have an old dumb phone.  Nice and simple.  I use it to make and receive phone calls.

:sigh2:

"Old?"  "Dumb?"  "Simple?"  Remind you of anyone?

:lol:

6 hours ago, VonNoble said:

Hey move over you two...:gathering:

Then again that could be a ruse.  We might be 

clever and wily and sly  (NAH! )  

von

:group:   :group:   :group:

Maybe.  We get hung up with differences in vocabulary, idiom, imagery, symbolism and such.  If we can pierce the vale of illusion, very little matters.  In the end, we're all just people.  And we're all different.  Just like everybody else.  

:mellow:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, VonNoble said:

[...] I am reasonably confident the 8 version of the phone will handle all I need to do.  I am

von

You are absolutely right. Although I personally am inclined to buy the X (for me, as an "consultant/professional" it seems to be the right fit, but) for you it should do everything you need it to do (and more, as you already said).

I don't know if you've got the first or second generation Watch. But if it's the first, and if you like swimming (like me), I'd advice to get a new Watch (as the second and third gen. are water-resistant).

5 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

You are absolutely right. Although I personally am inclined to buy the X (for me, as an "consultant/professional" it seems to be the right fit, but) for you it should do everything you need it to do (and more, as you already said).

I don't know if you've got the first or second generation Watch. But if it's the first, and if you like swimming (like me), I'd advice to get a new Watch (as the second and third gen. are water-resistant).

THANK YOU.... I very much appreciate the confirmation.     

Yes.  I am a life long swimmer and did note the new advantage a water resistant watch.    That was one of the things making me consider an upgrade.     The connectivity issues bothers me though.

Thanks again - it is a big bit of money so I am trying to be a bit more practical then I might have been years ago 

von 

1 hour ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Boys (and girls) and their toys.

It's nerd culture.

:D 

:D... true to some extent.

I truly do find I am more consistent with exercise (and need to be) since getting the fitness stuff on the watch.   

Different people ard motivated by different things.  For me it has helped.   

It was a device that allowed me in a solitary situation to have a "workout buddy" .... the buddy program overall has proven to benefit most people.

von

19 hours ago, VonNoble said:

THANK YOU.... I very much appreciate the confirmation.     

Yes.  I am a life long swimmer and did note the new advantage a water resistant watch.    That was one of the things making me consider an upgrade.     The connectivity issues bothers me though.

Thanks again - it is a big bit of money so I am trying to be a bit more practical then I might have been years ago 

von 

You're welcome,

Although it is - as you rightfully said - just a "confirmation". 

But why not go for a "refurbished" Apple series 2 Watch from Apple then? Directly from Apple, reasonably priced, under warranty, and water-resistant...

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/apple_watch

Good luck, and have fun!

Greetings to you all my brothers,

My wife and I just upgraded our phones from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 a few weeks ago, mostly because we are going on a trip to England and wanted to have phones with better cameras.  

I do find I like this one somewhat better than my 6.  The camera does take much clearer pictures in low light situations.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

1 hour ago, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you all my brothers,

My wife and I just upgraded our phones from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 a few weeks ago, mostly because we are going on a trip to England and wanted to have phones with better cameras.  

I do find I like this one somewhat better than my 6.  The camera does take much clearer pictures in low light situations.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Have a wonderful trip.  I hope you enjoy it.

17 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

The camera does take much clearer pictures in low light situations. 

I miss my Xperia. The camera was absolutely awesome. I have pictures I took on the beach in the middle of the night with no flash, and they look like daytime shots. I'm not good with having a sheet of glass in my pocket, though, so I'm no longer allowed to have expensive phones. The wife put her foot down. What can I do?

6 hours ago, mererdog said:

I miss my Xperia. The camera was absolutely awesome. I have pictures I took on the beach in the middle of the night with no flash, and they look like daytime shots. I'm not good with having a sheet of glass in my pocket, though, so I'm no longer allowed to have expensive phones. The wife put her foot down. What can I do?

Greetings to you my brother,

When the wife says no, it is indeed no.  Unless of course you really enjoy suffering.

In solidarity,

Rev Calli

14 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Finally, some good news.  I will think fondly of your travels.

Greetings to you my brother,

I’m can’t begin to tell you how much I’m looking forward to being away for a week. I’ll post pictures. 

In solidarity, 

Rev. Calli