Apologetics

2 hours ago, FredClaus said:

Has anyone ever looked into Apologetics a child at my son’s youth group gave me a book called Tactics by Lee Strobel. Has anyone read it?  What are your thoughts?

I'm not familiar with that book.  Apologetics in general?  Explaining that black is white and white is black?  I've been exposed to it.  

On 9/20/2017 at 11:26 PM, FredClaus said:

Has anyone ever looked into Apologetics a child at my son’s youth group gave me a book called Tactics by Lee Strobel. Has anyone read it?  What are your thoughts?

Greetings to you my brother,

Well, I've read Mr. Strobel's classic work "The Case for Christ," and in general I agree with his arguments for the reality of the historical Jesus.  But even in that work some of his views tilted toward a more fundamentalist view of Christianity then I believe in.   His views tho make sense when you consider he is one of the leaders of the WIllowbrook church and it's sister churches. 

For myself, the works of C.S. Lewis when he discusses his understanding of Christianity, such as in his books "The Screwtape Letters" and "The Great Divorce" are works of Christian Apologetics that I can embrace.  

It's really important to understand that just as there are many different understandings of Christian Theology, there are many different systems of apologetics.  There is no one universally agreed upon system of apologetics that all Christians would agree to.  It really all depends on what resonates with each believers soul.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1