New Comer to the Forum

Blessings to everyone on this beautiful day from North Alabama. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I was ordained in 2008 and currently attend the ULC Seminary. In 2009 I began work on the Sisters of Faith Outreach to assist young women and children in various areas of their lives. Even though our name is Sisters of Faith we also assist our brothers as well. My main work is mental health, alcohol and drug recovery, crisis services and grief. We help place folks in shelters, supply food and clothing, resources for jobs, teaching how to prepare for job interviews, assistance in child care and so forth. Our resources include contacts is various states, not just Alabama. Our website is currently under develepment but I'll be here on the forum every day even if I don't post a lot in the beginning. I'd like to ask everyone to continue lifting prayers for all those affected by the devastation in Texas and Louisiana and be aware of the pending storm approaching the East coast over the next week. It's a honor to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you. God Bless, Love & Light and Bright Blessings, Rev. Sherryl

• Like 1

Dear SherrylC.

Welcome to the group.  Thank you for sharing your life's work with us.  I would like to introduce myself, my name is Dr. Rev. Rebecca L. Burkett I was ordained last year and I am also new.  My main work is mental health and Health Coaching keeping everyone on track with the mental health issues and medical issues they face everyday.  I just started a new business called 901 Health Coach and Spiritual Services.  If you need any help with anything please let me know.  my number is REMOVED BY ADMIN.  

Good luck in your future endeavors.  God Bless you in work future works.

Sincerest Dr. Rev. Rebecca L. Burkett 

Edited by edcrain
remove phone number
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome SherrylC.  I try to do daily prayers for all ULC ministers and we at glad you are here!  I completed my Masters in Ministry this year and would be glad to help with any questions you might have.

Here is something  I came across recently and its for all ULC people!

The Best Recipe to Start Your Day
1 cup of dreams mixed with
1 dash of reading, then add
1 large proportion of physical activity with
3 ounces of enthusiastic desire, sprinkled with
1 large dose of fresh air inhaled at sunrise
Knead everything above well, and then add
1 heaping spoon of joy, happiness and song
1 heaping spoonful of Faith, Hope, Charity and Love
Pour it all into a glass of pure water.  Then top everything off with a smile and drink!
(used with permission from the book "When Angels Dream, book of the north)

On 9/2/2017 at 10:21 AM, SherrylC said:

Blessings to everyone on this beautiful day from North Alabama. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I was ordained in 2008 and currently attend the ULC Seminary. In 2009 I began work on the Sisters of Faith Outreach to assist young women and children in various areas of their lives. Even though our name is Sisters of Faith we also assist our brothers as well. My main work is mental health, alcohol and drug recovery, crisis services and grief. We help place folks in shelters, supply food and clothing, resources for jobs, teaching how to prepare for job interviews, assistance in child care and so forth. Our resources include contacts is various states, not just Alabama. Our website is currently under develepment but I'll be here on the forum every day even if I don't post a lot in the beginning. I'd like to ask everyone to continue lifting prayers for all those affected by the devastation in Texas and Louisiana and be aware of the pending storm approaching the East coast over the next week. It's a honor to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you. God Bless, Love & Light and Bright Blessings, Rev. Sherryl

Welcome Sherryl. I was ordained in 2007 but am new to the board as well. How are you liking the seminary?  I can’t seem to figure out how to enroll. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:28 PM, FredClaus said:

Welcome Sherryl. I was ordained in 2007 but am new to the board as well. How are you liking the seminary?  I can’t seem to figure out how to enroll. 

Hi Sherry. I was just ordained last week. I'm learning how to use this forum and I came upon your post! I noticed that you work with people in crisis, with drug addiction cases. I'm a registered nurse and I too work with these high risk clients. I wrote several articles related to addiction. I even wrote a real interesting paper on medical illness and diabolical possession!! If you would like to read them, let me know.PM me for email addy. Have a blessed day! John Smithkey III RN BSN

Edited by edcrain
remove email addy