2 minutes ago, RevTom said:

I hope I am posting in the right place: I have been away from ULC forums for a couple of days. I am not abandoning, just having some health issues. I will be back. I just didn't want people to wonder what happened. Take Care, my brothers and Sisters.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

Greetings and Good Tidings, my friends: Thank you all for the good wishes. I have no idea why, but two things have entered my stream of thought during these past couple of weeks during the health issues. It had to do with people early in Johnny Winter's career thinking he had died, thus spurring his song "Still Alive and Well". I once had a similar occasion. I pulled into a service station (yes, back in the day when gas wasn't bought at convenience stores). A friend was manager of the service station, and was someone I had worked a factory job with for over 10 years. He told me that I was dead, and went on to explain that most of my friends thought I had died for some reason. Paraphrasing what turns out to be a misquote from Mark Twain, I told him the news of my death was particularly surprising to me. 

The second thought occurring to me is that I have an implanted defibrillator (ICD). It occurred to me that I cannot die a natural death: When the ICD detects my heart not beating properly, it will shock the bejeebers out of me, saving me from death and making me look like one of those cartoon characters who have spirally eyeballs and super spiked hair. I am feeling some rethinking about this needs to be done. I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but I am not sure I will enjoy being shocked as some ICD wearers have been, up to 20 times in a row, each time feeling like a horse kick to the chest. I'm thinking my doctors need to go back to the drawing board on that one!!!

Anyway, I believe I am coming out of my current health problems and getting back into the swing of life. Thanks again for your support and concerns.

Edited by RevTom
incomplete sentence,incomplete thought