A bit slack this week

Greetings and Blessings to all: I have been a bit slack this week in that I did not prepare a sermon or topic of discussion for the blogs I normally post. I am thankful for the positive things that have happened this week. I am in an arts and crafts show for labor day weekend, discovered my ordination is in fact from here at ULC, and also discovered my ordination date is much earlier than I had remembered. I duly updated the info here. It is so very easy to get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle of life, forgetting the events that have brought one to their present condition and I am of course no exception. I resolve to be more diligent and to spend time on those things that are of value to  me: My faith, the sharing of observations that can help people, and most importantly, being of service in whatever ways I can. 

8 hours ago, RevTom said:

Greetings and Blessings to all: I have been a bit slack this week in that I did not prepare a sermon or topic of discussion for the blogs I normally post. I am thankful for the positive things that have happened this week. I am in an arts and crafts show for labor day weekend, discovered my ordination is in fact from here at ULC, and also discovered my ordination date is much earlier than I had remembered. I duly updated the info here. It is so very easy to get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle of life, forgetting the events that have brought one to their present condition and I am of course no exception. I resolve to be more diligent and to spend time on those things that are of value to  me: My faith, the sharing of observations that can help people, and most importantly, being of service in whatever ways I can. 

Greetings to you my brother,

I too have been a bit lax in posting here lately.  I've been experimenting with doing audio and video messages, and posting them on some of the facebook pages I frequent.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you my brother,

I too have been a bit lax in posting here lately.  I've been experimenting with doing audio and video messages, and posting them on some of the facebook pages I frequent.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli  

Alas!!! I can only watch videos late night (after 2am) because I have satellite internet, and the download allowance is limited. I book mark videos that are important or interesting so I can watch them one of the nights I am up late. A bit off the topic, but if anyone is faced with a decision of living where internet is by satellite or WIFI, R U N !!! Pay the extra $1500 per month rent, but R U N !!! The satellite internet and WIFI companies will suck you dry mercilessly!!!

7 hours ago, RevTom said:

Alas!!! I can only watch videos late night (after 2am) because I have satellite internet, and the download allowance is limited. I book mark videos that are important or interesting so I can watch them one of the nights I am up late. A bit off the topic, but if anyone is faced with a decision of living where internet is by satellite or WIFI, R U N !!! Pay the extra $1500 per month rent, but R U N !!! The satellite internet and WIFI companies will suck you dry mercilessly!!!

I used to have to use satellite internet (Hughes Net). I agree, it was crazy expensive and extremely low download allowance (then we were throttled to about twice dialup speed). I recently found a local carrier (I think they said they use radio waves) that i switched to that offers unlimited download for a lot less (they are called Maximum Broadband). Granted my download speeds are slower (4 Mbps now vs 15Mbps with sat) but we had a 15GB download limit with satellite and last month we used 185 GB with the new plan and no throttling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor Dave said:

I used to have to use satellite internet (Hughes Net). I agree, it was crazy expensive and extremely low download allowance (then we were throttled to about twice dialup speed). I recently found a local carrier (I think they said they use radio waves) that i switched to that offers unlimited download for a lot less (they are called Maximum Broadband). Granted my download speeds are slower (4 Mbps now vs 15Mbps with sat) but we had a 15GB download limit with satellite and last month we used 185 GB with the new plan and no throttling.

Greetings and good tidings; 1st, it is good to hear from you again. Thank you for the info. I will see if they are in my area. There seem to be very few options here. Even the cell phone range is at its maximum distance here where I live. I will check them out Thank you so very much.

• Like 1