the Hearthwitch

How many are having more direct experiences with the God(desses)?

2 minutes ago, the Hearthwitch said:

No, not really. *I* see them as being the same- but I also was doing my best not to offend anyone, as I have known Christians and others who DO make that distinction, rather strongly. ;)

Perhaps I am losing my tactfulness and my patience.  When Christians pray that God will show me the truth -- their truth -- I tell them to go ahead.  That I am not afraid of their coercive magic.  

Did you see my comments on Reiki?  

56 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Perhaps I am losing my tactfulness and my patience.  When Christians pray that God will show me the truth -- their truth -- I tell them to go ahead.  That I am not afraid of their coercive magic.  

Did you see my comments on Reiki?  

No, I hadn't- sorry about that! I'm at work right now, so I get sidetracked easily.

Uh, I'm not a Reiki Master- you have me mixed up with someone else, I think...? I'm just a hearthwitch. 

37 minutes ago, the Hearthwitch said:

No, I hadn't- sorry about that! I'm at work right now, so I get sidetracked easily.

Uh, I'm not a Reiki Master- you have me mixed up with someone else, I think...? I'm just a hearthwitch. 

A source of wisdom.  

18 hours ago, the Hearthwitch said:

I went back over the threads.  It was Amulet I was thinking of.   :mellow:

On 8/11/2017 at 1:08 PM, Brother Kaman said:

Shared connotations of words and phrases are necessary to communicate data and ideas. It is becoming obvious that we do not share those connotations and semantics. I am not quibbling. I am trying to understand what you have written. Ultimately it makes no difference so I will bow out of this.

I do not mean to be cantankerous: I just don't know how to express it any better. I do appreciate and enjoy your thoughts. No umbrage meant.

On 8/12/2017 at 7:21 AM, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I went back over the threads.  It was Amulet I was thinking of.   :mellow:

That's OK. It happens! :)

3 hours ago, the Hearthwitch said:

That's OK. It happens! :)

I suspect that Reiki is a good start for seeing Wicca as it is.  Oh, the symbolism is different, and the vocabulary, and the methods.  In the end, it's largely about awareness.  Awareness of things that other people don't get.  And not getting stuck in the illusion of others.  

I'm clear enough that there is only one reality -- but it gets thin around the edges.       :D   

33 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I suspect that Reiki is a good start for seeing Wicca as it is.  Oh, the symbolism is different, and the vocabulary, and the methods.  In the end, it's largely about awareness.  Awareness of things that other people don't get.  And not getting stuck in the illusion of others.  

I'm clear enough that there is only one reality -- but it gets thin around the edges.       :D   

Very, very thin. Especially as of late, LOL!