How many are having more direct experiences with the God(desses)?

On 1/15/2018 at 11:54 AM, the Hearthwitch said:

know..."personal revelation" or whatever label you want to put on it isn't something that's all that...acceptable...for some

In some Pagan circles, this is currently known as "Unverified Personal Gnosis" or UPG.  There is some debate around the Pagan world about how legitimate UPG might be, but in my experience, it is no different than when "God speaks to me!" in Christian circles.  In neither case can the knowledge gained be "proven" in the larger context, but it is no less legitimate FOR THE INDIVIDUAL than accepted doctrine.

At least, that's my tuppence! :D

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Geordon said:

In some Pagan circles, this is currently known as "Unverified Personal Gnosis" or UPG.  There is some debate around the Pagan world about how legitimate UPG might be, but in my experience, it is no different than when "God speaks to me!" in Christian circles.  In neither case can the knowledge gained be "proven" in the larger context, but it is no less legitimate FOR THE INDIVIDUAL than accepted doctrine.

Hmmm.  "Unproven personal Gnosis".........  It's a fun term.      :)   :thumbu:

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, Geordon said:

To me, it doesn't matter which faith (or non-faith) one may follow,

Personal gnosis is but the first step on the path to our reunion with The Infinite... 

My reading and religious education did not prepare me at all for the intensity of the blinding flash of immense and all encompassing love and understanding that accompanied my own "personal gnosis"....

Before my epiphany, I had my doubts...

But now......  I KNOW GOD.

Should another cast doubt upon the validity of my experience...

Desiring physical "proof" of the experience...

I have none....

I need none....

Edited by Songster
  • Like 1