Preference for Address with Title. First or Surname?

Since ULC ordination is not recognized in Ontario (at least for solemnizing marriages) I've often wondered if there would be any ramifications in using any religious honorific. 

In in the past I tried to get the govt to change their position but never looked into titles and have never used one.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, RevTom said:

Greetings and Good Tidings;  I do not think I would like to concentrate on funerals, but maybe include them as a comfort to those who have lost loved ones, because I can relate to the experience so closely.

Greetings to you my brother,

Actually, I was thinking that you may want to explore doing hospice work.  Have you ever considered doing some Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)?  Many hospitals and Nursing homes offer this program.  That could lead to at least some volunteer opportunities as local hospice facilities.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Rev. Calli said:

Actually, I was thinking that you may want to explore doing hospice work.  Have you ever considered doing some Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)?  Many hospitals and Nursing homes offer this program.  That could lead to at least some volunteer opportunities as local hospice facilities.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Greetings and Good Tidings; I don't think I would remain emotionally well very long working in a hospice. People are put there expecting to die. I find it rather morbid. Maybe on a very part time basis of one or two days per week it would work out.

• Like 1

We are all going to die.  That is a fact of life.  Hospice exists to help those in the final stages of life (and their family and friends) to face it in a setting of love and support, and to be able to live the remainder of their lives in dignity.  Nothing morbid in it at all.

It can be emotionally draining that is true.  But it can also be a place of joy.  A place where the patient and their family and friends can gather to support one another, share the love they have for each other, and celebrate life together.  The chaplain can be a very important part of that, (at least for people of faith) as the chaplain can help with the spiritual issues.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Dear Brother and Sisters,

I love how each protocol in a church setting is viewed differently, I am from the United Methodist Church.  We use Reverend and/or Pastor then surname.  It is from the Baltimore/Washington Conference and from our Bishop who uses these as professional titles, and respect for our church leader. 

When ever I get going I would prefer using Rev. Burkett.  If someone can't pronounce my surname it would be "Rev. B". 

Sincerest Dr. Rev. Rebecca Burkett 

• 5 months later...