3 hours ago, FredClaus said:

I'm sure this is asked all the time.  I see that this website ulc.net is listed as the real Universal Life Church, however there are tons of sites out there.  The one I used to go to all the time is TheMonistary.org (spelling).  Can you tell me if these two sites are linked?

Greetings to you my brother,

They are not.  ULC.Net is the official forum of the Mother Church in Modesto California.  The Monastery was at one point associated with Modesto, but around 2005 or so split off and became a totally separate organization.  

Welcome to the forum!

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, FredClaus said:

So when I was ordained by them in 2007 I was not ordained by the proper church. Is there a way to transfer my ordination?  

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Being that the organizations are not affiliated with one another, legal documents are recorded and are not transferrable. However, you can be legally ordained by both! On the main page of the ULC.net website it will lead you to submit your ordination to be recorded with Universal Life Church International Headquarters in Modesto.The link is here for your convenience. http://www.ulc.net/index.php?page=ordain

Hope that helps, and again, welcome!

3 hours ago, Joyful said:

Hi Fred,  Amy Long has a great video that explains about the split, she is the founder and President of ULC Seminary, you can watch the video at 

Greetings to you my sister,

I was in point and fact a moderator on the Monastery forum right before and during the split, so I actually know quite a bit more about what had happened then Amy shared on her video.  

It has been almost 12 years now since the split, While I have some very pointed views about the Monastery and the leadership there,  the past is past and cannot be changed.  They are now a separate and distinct organization that has nothing to do with the Mother Church in Modesto or ULC.net.  I wish them no ill will, but really believe that it is here at ULC.NET and with the Mother Church in Modesto that the true spirit of the church that was the creation of Kirby Hensley lives on.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
On 7/1/2017 at 2:02 PM, Rev. Calli said:

Greetings to you my sister,

I was in point and fact a moderator on the Monastery forum right before and during the split, so I actually know quite a bit more about what had happened then Amy shared on her video.  

It has been almost 12 years now since the split, While I have some very pointed views about the Monastery and the leadership there,  the past is past and cannot be changed.  They are now a separate and distinct organization that has nothing to do with the Mother Church in Modesto or ULC.net.  I wish them no ill will, but really believe that it is here at ULC.NET and with the Mother Church in Modesto that the true spirit of the church that was the creation of Kirby Hensley lives on.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

As you say, the split is done.  Time to let go of the conflict.     :mellow:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone! I joined the Monastery back in 2013. I was happy, but it always felt as something was "missing". Then about a month ago, I was surfing different movies and shows on utube for a research article I was working on. I came to several video lectures presented by Rev. Amy. All I can day was WOW!! She opened my eyes! I had no idea that my membership with the monastery meant nothing. I called the real Universal Life Church the next day. With the help of their staff I, I became a very thrilled and happy member of the real ULC!! I can now earn some real college degrees! I also joined the ULC Seminary! I even submitted some of my own research articles and I hope they will be made available to all ULC members soon! I highly recommend that if anyone has joined the "Monastery", a please check your license, and join the ULC. That Rev. Amy lectures about on utube. You will never regret it. Now I'm a happy and PROUD member of the Universal Life Church!! Have a blessed day! John Smithkey III RN BSN

Edited by John3
Spelling needed correcting