Introduction (Re-Introduction)

• Administrator

Hello, hello!

~ In my mind, I have exactly want to say all laid out and ready. And now that it's time to write the actual post, I feel a bit lost! :blush:

I thought a formal post from either Murph or Brother Kevin would be made to introduce me with more detail sooner than later. In the meantime I have had my nose to the grindstone with re-styling the forum and everything. I apologize that I didn't introduce (re-introduce?) myself sooner. But maybe a few of you remembered me already and just said hi from a distance? :lol:

A bit of reminiscing to segue into my (re-)introduction...

When the forum was first created back in about 2001, my username was Dr.SillyRuca. I was co-administrating the forum with another member who will still visit rarely these days, and a bit down the road was co-administrating with Murph until I think, maybe around 2004. Murph and I (and Brother Kevin) have always stayed connected in some way~ shape or form. On the forum I had subsequently changed my username to Rev. YayHappens. Over the years I have continued to visit the forum and even managed to make a handful of posts. (I wish I could remember what my old avatar was.) But mostly during my visits, I would whirl through real quickly to do some light maintenance and give Murph a poke about updating the forum software which I'm sure he loved. I just recently settled to be active going with my most current username Amulet. (I could never decide on a name and I still have difficulty figuring out a proper-fitting title.) ;)

...I have a message in my inbox from @edcrain dated 14 years ago to tell me happy birthday. Isn't that crazy? I need to take a screencap of that to post here! I remember @mdtaylor and mererdog. Dorian Gray and Mrs. Nicey-Nice have been on my friend lists on social media all this time. I've had a chance to chat quickly with Rev. Ed, too! Many familiar names are still active. It's amazing how ULC never leaves us.

@murphzlaw1 and I have met up a couple of times this year IRL. We hit a Game of Thrones concert event together in March and recently on the 17th we met up for breakfast. He and I are tentatively scheduled to be hanging out for breakfast again in just a little bit over a week in case anyone wants to stalk us and claim our waffles and pancakes! 

...The timing of the needs and dates for renovating the forum has all occurred at about the same time Murph's kids were getting out of school on summer break among other projects he's got going on. And, Brother Kevin also has his projects going on, so... I just came in and started working on what what tasks needed to be done.

While I was posting updates in the Admin Announcement forum, I did not realize it at the time, but apparently nobody could reply to my changelogs. I wondered why everyone was being so quiet or didn't have any questions or comments. I was adjusting some settings and then realized the permissions did not allow for replies in the admin forum. How awkward! Well, that wasn't intended!! Woops! That is now in the changelog listed as fixed!

I have had a chance to chat with @Rev. Calli and @Stormbringer. I have not had a chance to say hello to @Tallmike - big wave and hello!

Hello to everyone formally! Finally! :kiss:

I will be posting some more news about what exactly is going on and what is happening where and when etc., What am I doing here? How long am I staying? Good questions! That info will be posted in a separate topic so this doesn't become a novel of a post, but if anyone has other questions I guess I've just put myself in the hotseat.  Ask away. 

Have a wonderful week!

• Amulet featured this topic
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, mererdog said:

Hi. I suspected you were Dr.SillyRuca, but I wasn't sure. I always liked that name. The emotional contrast of the Dr. and the Silly was intriguing. Anyway, nice to see you...

Thank you! It is nice to be roaming the forum and seeng familiar names. :)  I have been trying to figure out what your name spells backwards for weeks.

4 minutes ago, Amulet said:

Thank you! It is nice to be roaming the forum and seeng familiar names. :)  I have been trying to figure out what your name spells backwards for weeks.

I ain't no Kitos. My name is just a boring, old complex, homophonic pun.

Interesting note: My phone auto corrected "homophonic" to "homophobic." Glad I caught that.

Edited by mererdog
  • Like 1

• Administrator

:lol:

1 minute ago, mererdog said:

I ain't no Kitos. My name is just a boring, old complex, homophonic pun.

That is going to make my brain explode. I thought I was so close. So close to an answer and it was just a matter of time!

i thought you were dr sillyruca too,but didn't look it up.you and i got in to an interesting conversation what seems like a long time ago,then you disappeared.if i remember,you gave qyrous her name(spelled way wrong).

good to hear from you again.

• Like 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, mark 45 said:

i thought you were dr sillyruca too,but didn't look it up.you and i got in to an interesting conversation what seems like a long time ago,then you disappeared.if i remember,you gave qyrous her name(spelled way wrong).

good to hear from you again.

Thank you!

Oh wow, it must have been a memorable one. Do I want to know? Yikes! I'm going to send you a PM! lol

Qryos I remember for sure. I was hoping she would pop in again here on the forum and join us. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...