Forum Area Movement & Maintenance

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Pastor Dave said:

Well I'm not seeing a like button either. I can see where 1 person likes this but no button to like a post. I've hoovered my mouse over the entire right portion of several posts and I'm just not seeing it.

I am checking it right now!

Let me know if it is working. Thanks!

Edited by Amulet
updated settings. does it work now?
  • Like 1

• Administrator

Changelog:

Forums are in the process of having helpful "keywords" added in their description to help guide which forum is best to start a topic in.
Adding these helpful keywords will also aid with offering ideas for starting new topics. Some areas are still vague and the updates will continue.

Brand new forum areas are open!

New forums are:

Folklore, Myth & Legend

Science, Technology & Mathematics

Refuge & Recovery

You are welcome and encouraged to post topics in these new forums. Check forum descriptions for details. You know you always wanted to post about Big Foot and The Loch Ness Monster, right?

I am in the process of locating posts on the forum that can be directed into the above forums for proper placement and future archiving.

Name Changes:

• Forum name: Belief Systems and Ideologies is now named Interpath Dialogue. The word interpath is a modernized and updated term vs using interfaith or interbelief and is purposefully chosen to express inclusiveness and be welcoming for all groups. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_dialogue 
  • This forum along with others will have old topics shifting back and forth and is in the process of transitioning to house more universal discussion. New forums for specific belief systems and ideologies are in the process of being added.

--- 

• Forum name: Stories, Beliefs and ... is now named Stories, Realizations & Breakthroughs. This name more suitably reflects the topics and subject matter posted in the forum previously and will hopefully encourage the sharing of more of the same.
  • The forum name Good Wishes... had its name updated with keywords added for more clarity about the types of posts welcome and encouraged there.

The two forum groups mentioned above along with the new forum Refuge & Recovery are in an area that is named "Inspiration Station." It was previously titled, "Domestic Life."

The Off-Topic forum was previously located in the Domestic Life section simultaneously renamed to The Kitchen Sink.  It has now been moved to Other Interests and has transitioned to the name Hobbies & Leisure with "keywords" added to the forum description to encourage more clarity with the types of post welcome. The previous description used the general phrase, "everything else." It is all the same in its purpose just worded differently. Pet Corner and Trading Post have been made into subforums for now.

Other

More categorization was given to the emojis in the text editor section to enhance ease of locating them.

ULC Minister's Junction was relocated to a section of the forum now named Reception Area, Support & FAQ

If any of these have issues for you when it comes to viewing, posting or replying please let me know! Thanks!

edited to add:

The Science, Technology & Mathematics Forum is located in a section now renamed to: Principal Thought, Secularity & Social Science.

I just started a new topic and decided to try the "add a tag" function. There seems to be a very arbitrary and restricted set of tags available, with no option to create new tags.

What are your plans for this?

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Seeker said:

I just started a new topic and decided to try the "add a tag" function. There seems to be a very arbitrary and restricted set of tags available, with no option to create new tags.

What are your plans for this?

Hello Seeker, thank you for asking. The tag feature is restricted at the moment while the areas are still undergoing maintenance. New forum areas ready to be introduced, which should make it more clear where to create and post topics which would then make tags redundant in many cases. Once those areas open up, we will be able to understand better what the needs are without it becoming a case of a tag stating the obvious in its obvious area. I hope that makes sense! Your feedback is welcome. I expect the new areas will open up early in the week or late on the weekend.

• Administrator

Recent changes:

Part of the forum cleanup process has included going through nearly every topic in every section to find its proper category for "filing". Once old topics were placed in areas more true to their content, the next step was to archive them to a proper place and as best as possible not simply mass dump them randomly or delete them.

The side effect of sorting this way is the reason for the re-naming or consolidation of some of the forums. My apologies if it is causing some confusion. We are at the home stretch!

Most of the topics that have been created are where they "should be." (Some areas more loosely than others while there is still movement going on.)

Archiving continues. In each forum's description the '~ helpful keywords' to reference for posting have been updated for some areas.

On the front-end, the areas available to begin conversation in may look a little bit light at the moment, but in the back, there are six new forums waiting to be opened up. :thumbu: Almost there! Thanks for your patience!

• Administrator

A new forum section has been introduced named Interpath Academia & Scholarship. The forums within this area are not open yet, with the exception of the previously existing area Interpath Dialogue...

The new forums will be open to allow posting into within the next 24 hours. by Friday the 14th.

The keywords associated with each area are references and not an be-all or end-all. If you feel an identifying keyword is missing or is misplaced, please let me know either by posting a reply here or sending a PM.

My Innkeeper account has posted "introduction" information about posting in the new areas.

A welcome post and quick-help/summarizing FAQ was added to the ULC Minister's Introduction Junction as well. 

A temporary area named Ritual & Ceremony is set up so that I can get a proper count of ceremonies posted on the forum. This will determine if the area should stay or if the topics should merge elsewhere. If you have original ceremonies to add to that forum, it expresses an interest to have it remain a part of the forum as its own area.

Thank you for your patience and support, and have a beautiful day!

Umm...why do I have to log in twice to view the forum?

I click to the sign in button at the top of the forum page, fill in username and password and press enter, then another sign in screen pops up and I have to do it again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Key said:

Umm...why do I have to log in twice to view the forum?

I click to the sign in button at the top of the forum page, fill in username and password and press enter, then another sign in screen pops up and I have to do it again.

It did that to me when I would use my tablet. I just created a short cut to the second sign in page and eliminated the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brother Kaman said:

It did that to me when I would use my tablet. I just created a short cut to the second sign in page and eliminated the problem.

I view on my tabletop computer, and it only recently started doing this. I'm not too tech savvy to do the funky shortcut doohicky creating thing. But thanks for the input.

At least now I know it wasn't just me.

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Brother Kaman said:

1 hour ago, Key said:

I view on my tabletop computer, and it only recently started doing this. I'm not too tech savvy to do the funky shortcut doohicky creating thing. But thanks for the input.

At least now I know it wasn't just me.

Thanks for posting about this.

It is a cache and cookie thing for security. Unfortunately it kicks us off instead of just sending a notification to let us know that the account was logged on from somewhere else and asking to confirm if it is ok! I have gone in circles with the needing to login thing myself!

This will also happen if you have recently changed your password. The two cookies that hold your information begin conflicting.

Clearing the cache will normally fix the situation. Hopefully it does between your two devices! Sometimes the software will make things more complicated than they need to be!