Atwater Vitki

I heard bad news about Rev Al.  I heard he died. If this is true I feel there should be a place where we can leave our thoughts for this gentle, thoughtful, and loving person on the forum. I will really miss him. Please forgive me if I missed it on the forum. I feel very choked.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I heard bad news about Rev Al.  I heard he died. If this is true I feel there should be a place where we can leave our thoughts for this gentle, thoughtful, and loving person on the forum. I will really miss him. Please forgive me if I missed it on the forum. I feel very choked.

I mourn.

• Like 3

• Administrator

(Posted on Facebook Saturday, but not here because I was ill.)

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of RevAl, or Atwater Vitki. Members here may know him from the ULCOnline forum. He was one of our moderators.

Al was a great guy. I enjoyed working with him. He was always a voice of reason, and he was known to put others first. He was an amazing person, and he will be missed.

This is the message that was passed along by an old forum friend, from his daughter:
"It really breaks my heart to have to say this. One of the most important people in my life has left this Earth, to make his journey to heaven.

This morning my father David (At-water Vitki) passed away. He lost his battle to Stage 4 lung cancer and other medical problems. He was only 13 days away from his 61st Birthday.

I will always cherish all the memories I have with you deep within my heart. The one memory that I will always cherish is that you married me to my best friend Michael Richins Schroeder on February 1, 2015. It's not everyday, you see a father perform their own daughter's wedding ceremony. I loved it when I got to see you, no matter where you were. Of course the best place I got to visit you was Hawaii!!!

I will always remember when I was young, going to Rio Del and spending time with you, and your kitty Scuffa! Those were some the best times of my life. It is sad when the person who gave you the best memories become a memory.

One or two other things I have to say about my Dad is that, you were loving, very talented, a great artist, funny, and even hard-headed, even tho you told me that k didn't get that from you. One thing that is awesome, I had the Thank you for being the best Dad I could ask for. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers. And always remember that no matter how old I get, I will be your Pumpkinut.

I love you Daddy, YOUR PUMPKINUT REST IN PARADISE DAD!"

• Like 4

rev al and i used to save and send"box tops for education"to st joseph indian school,but as of this last september,they stopped taking them.

i would really like to find a place(yes i have looked on line,no results)that will take them and create an account in his name,as a memorial.

if anyone is interested,please contact me and if you know of someone(ie:school.daycare,ect)i would also like to know

• Like 1

Dear  Rev Al, you were a loving and kind man and very  conciderate .Your posts were always well thought out. Although I never met you in person  I always wished I had. I was choked by the news and I still am tearfull.

I miss you my friend. 

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know Murph.. I had wondered why he seldom posted anymore, but had no idea he was battling lung cancer. His decorum and etiquette was always open to accepting what others believed. We didn't agree about much and didn't share beliefs, but I never remember him ever debasing anyone, and that made him a good moderator and contributor.    

• Like 1