Hey there! I've been a member and ordained since 2009 however, my first wedding is finally happening! And another booked in the fall! (I have always said I'd do them for free but was never aggressive with putting myself out there) & this is my first post!

My question pertains to investing in a good mic, and PA system since it's going to be outside. About 150 folks. I am not very techy, like, at all, and have no idea what's a good purchase for this. I found this on Amazon... Is this appropriate? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AA8JU7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496383224&sr=8-2-fkmr2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=winbridge+wb001+rechargeable+ultralight+portable+voice+amplifier

On 6/2/2017 at 1:02 AM, Jamie Lynn said:

Hey there! I've been a member and ordained since 2009 however, my first wedding is finally happening! And another booked in the fall! (I have always said I'd do them for free but was never aggressive with putting myself out there) & this is my first post!

My question pertains to investing in a good mic, and PA system since it's going to be outside. About 150 folks. I am not very techy, like, at all, and have no idea what's a good purchase for this. I found this on Amazon... Is this appropriate? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AA8JU7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496383224&sr=8-2-fkmr2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=winbridge+wb001+rechargeable+ultralight+portable+voice+amplifier

Greetings to you my sister,

IMHO, you may find that unit to be underpowered for an outside wedding, especially if it gets windy at all.  My suggestion to you would be to go to a store that caters to musicians or entertainment professionals and talk to a salesperson.  See what they suggest, then compare their price to the same equipment on Amazon.

Remember that this is a long-term investment for you, so you don't want to get something underpowered.  

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

On 6/6/2017 at 9:16 PM, Jamie Lynn said:

Thanks so much! Turns out the DJ has everything this time around! Whew!! I will look and see what's local for the future as you suggested. Thanks!

Greetings to you my sister,

Kewl.  I live to serve.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli